Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348294 times)
bytemaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 05:43:35 PM
Merited by Rumhurius (50), fonship (1), FreedomCoin (1)

Welcome to Steemit, decentralized and incentivized social media.

Steemit is a new social media platform built on the Steem blockchain where the community rewards individuals for their posts, comments and votes, co-founded by Ned Scott, CEO, and Daniel Larimer, CTO of Steemit and founder of Bitshares.

Underneath the hood of Steemit.com there is a tradeable cryptocurrency token, called Steem, and it's performing well on the US-based exchange, bittrex.com, and blockchain-based exchange openledger.info. With Steemit.com, posts, comments and votes are immutable.  Attribution is a given. Accreditation is not taken for granted. And community appreciation is an actual reward.

We were recently in the press. Here is an article from CoinReport: https://coinreport.net/conversation-ned-scott-ceo-steemit/.  And another from Coin Desk: http://www.coindesk.com/facebook-user-controlled-social-media-blockchain/

There are large rewards being distributed for Steemit's first and largest distribution on July 4th.  See the leaderboard at https://steemit.com/trending.  There are Sub-Steems for talking about cryptocurrency and Bitcoin, as well as many other topics.

Steem rewards long term holders .. By Purchasing Steem and "Powering Up" the Steem, the holder earns more Steem and voting power to use on Steemit.com  Voting power allows the user to earn more Steem.

Sign up on steemit.com today to have your account funded with 10 Steem, and let’s be part of the movement for a better online community.

Best regards,

Ned, "steem" CEO of Steemit, https://www.linkedin.com/in/nedscott

Dan, "Bytemaster", CTO of Steemit, founder of Bitshares, https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-larimer-0a367089

Application: https://steemit.com

Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Info: https://steem.io

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmpCAqD7hs

Bitcointalk Steem announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.220

Trending Posts: https://steemit.com/trending

Slack auto-inviter: http://steem.herokuapp.com

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 05:46:24 PM

Glad to be on board with you guys.  It's been a great adventure so far and I see a lot more coming just around the bend!  Keep it up.

steem

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:48:39 PM

Thanks Next Gen, look forward to building the movement with you.
tmpxeroc

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:50:22 PM

looks great and works smoothly .. looking forward to see even more content on-chain!
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:56:07 PM

Looks great!  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:04:57 PM

Just saw this being shared on facebook group thus leads me to finding your thread here in bitcointalk. ADZ actually came in mind when i first heard of it on facebook. okay so yeah i'll join why not. but when i was about the create an account, it says "Password length should be 16 characters or more. Password acts as your private key and should be strong." As if 8 characters isn't difficult enough to put in mind. why not just make it 8 and give us the option to set up the 2FA?

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
zaph3t

Activity: 294

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 06:24:16 PM

Just saw this being shared on facebook group thus leads me to finding your thread here in bitcointalk. ADZ actually came in mind when i first heard of it on facebook. okay so yeah i'll join why not. but when i was about the create an account, it says "Password length should be 16 characters or more. Password acts as your private key and should be strong." As if 8 characters isn't difficult enough to put in mind. why not just make it 8 and give us the option to set up the 2FA?
Yes, the password length thing is way to much. Also if you want more users, you should reach a wide public and not only
those on Facebook. Just a thought.

steem

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:27:51 PM

Yes, the password length thing is way to much. Also if you want more users, you should reach a wide public and not only
those on Facebook. Just a thought.

Thanks, we agree and are iterating quickly to add email and SMS sign up to the site. The passphrase issue is difficult to tackle because keys are entirely client side, which makes our password management much like blockchain.info. However, we are always looking out for simpler and better solutions and will look more into the ideas above. Thanks for being an early visitor to the site!
useless eater

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:29:27 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2016, 12:51:13 PM by useless eater

an unmoderated thread huh?

cue fact-less "scam" spammers in 3

moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:33:13 PM

i will try it for sure and hope all works fine. thanks for the info.
thereverseflash

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:38:30 PM

some dude's looking at $2G just for posting a link to the coindesk article!

https://steemit.com/steem/@jupiter00000/new-social-media-platform-which-pays-you-to-post

This number will fall as there is more content added and people vote on it.  In effect, all existing payouts are diluted by payouts to new content. In terms of mining, the difficulty is insanely easy relative to the rewards right now!

Are you fast enough?
pharesim

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:46:48 PM

As if 8 characters isn't difficult enough to put in mind

This attitude is exactly why brainwallet.org shut down its service.

There are a lot of different ways to handle strong passwords, the easies being password managers.
An average 8 characters password can be brute-forced in less than 4 weeks, with a single PC. It's your money, so do what you like. But please don't complain about service providers caring about your security.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:47:25 PM

Hey, no more self-moderated thread, now you can't delete my post:

I guess you'll probably lock this thread in the not too distant future and move on to the fourth or fifth thread for this, right? Gotta keep the information spread out and difficult to cobble together how you launched this "currency" I guess. Maybe you should try changing the name too, I hear that's a common tactic of worthless penny stocks and crypto snake oil to lure in more sucker...err...investors.
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:17:24 PM

We used Steem to release our Whitepaper!

https://steemit.com/peerplays/@peerplays/peerplays-whitepaper

So far from the votes given we are up to nearly $9k for our quality post!

Posting our whitepaper for Peerplays to the blockchain just felt right.

The pace at which Steemit is developing is phenomenal and is one of the most exciting projects in crypto now in our estimation.
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:46:01 PM

One of the best community ever,... glad to be a witness and everything... Smiley Helping and serving from day 0....
Thank you guys..

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

by.Szun

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:04:25 PM

Looks interesting. Incentivizing good content is always a plus.

How do you make money off of this though? You seem to just be handing out free money, with no opportunity for your own gains. I presume you control a large share of the currency that a boost in site popularity will give you cash through a value upswing, allowing you to slowly cash out over time?
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:08:38 PM

I guess you'll probably lock this thread in the not too distant future and move on to the fourth or fifth thread for this, right? Gotta keep the information spread out and difficult to cobble together how you launched this "currency" I guess. Maybe you should try changing the name too, I hear that's a common tactic of worthless penny stocks and crypto snake oil to lure in more sucker...err...investors.

+1

Let's not forget how this is the 3rd (or 4th) thread for this instamined/premined shitcoin which has launched with lies in the OP (calling no premine/instamine) and lack of instructions and wallets so 99% of the people can't mine a coin that is meant for the people (?). They even relaunched once after their miners crashed claiming a bug.

Huge additional red flags that the developers still go on with opening new topics, specially after the 4 week long (extreme short pow) is over now (only 1 out of 21 blocks is a pow block) and they mined 80-90% of the supply, which stakes for them.

Noobs please be aware that if you try and buy this coin on exchanges you will keep getting dumped on (mostly according to the funding needs of the developers since they control most of the supply). If you are really interested, play their game and get it for free on their website, but supporting this is like supporting XPY.

"The way social media is meant to be... decentralized" yeah, powered by a currency that has been almost exclusively mined by a central authority, the developers in a short period with shady tools to obtain most power. Funny.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:12:07 PM

Yeah, that's the first thing I look for too in a Larimer thread.  "Is it moderated?"  I guess junior isn't as savvy as Pop Larimer when it comes to pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

I love how the Larimer Gang launched their new scam.  It's hilarious.  First they attempted to dominate the mining and then when they didn't due to "technical difficulties", they invalidated all the previous miners' rewards and relaunched it so they could have a second try at it and they succeeded that time.  What type of a messed up joke is that?  To those of you who were around when the Larimer Gang first entered the crypto scene with Protoshares, you'll remember the Larimers did a similar trick then too.  I mined Protoshares from the first few blocks on the chain.  There were numerous complaints on the PTS/BTS forum about people having connection issues and having their miners getting booted off the network.  All the while, the Larimer Gang was happily mining away and denying that there were any issues.  To this day Stan Larimer (aka Daddy Larimer, aka The Ringleader) claims this isn't true, but anyone around back then knows it to be fact that the Larimer Gang and their Chinese Communist associates were mining the heck out of PTS.

Now, they have this Steem garbage, which is a blatant ripoff of Synereo.  The Larimers don't have an original idea in their body and can only poorly mimic others' creative concepts to hopefully scam a few suckers into giving them their money.  Just like they ripped off NXT's PoS algo and poorly implemented it as DPoS in Bitshares, they are now doing the exact same thing with Synereo.  Heck, they even chose a name that is very similar to Synereo, "Steem".  I'm sure they're hoping that people get confused, because they both start with a "S" and purchase their poorly implemented scam.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:22:49 PM

Yeah, that's the first thing I look for too in a Larimer thread.  "Is it moderated?"  I guess junior isn't as savvy as Pop Larimer when it comes to pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

I love how the Larimer Gang launched their new scam.  It's hilarious.  First they attempted to dominate the mining and then when they didn't due to "technical difficulties", they invalidated all the previous miners' rewards and relaunched it so they could have a second try at it and they succeeded that time.  What type of a messed up joke is that?  To those of you who were around when the Larimer Gang first entered the crypto scene with Protoshares, you'll remember the Larimers did a similar trick then too.  I mined Protoshares from the first few blocks on the chain.  There were numerous complaints on the PTS/BTS forum about people having connection issues and having their miners getting booted off the network.  All the while, the Larimer Gang was happily mining away and denying that there were any issues.  To this day Stan Larimer (aka Daddy Larimer, aka The Ringleader) claims this isn't true, but anyone around back then knows it to be fact that the Larimer Gang and their Chinese Communist associates were mining the heck out of PTS.

Now, they have this Steem garbage, which is a blatant ripoff of Synereo.  The Larimers don't have an original idea in their body and can only poorly mimic others' creative concepts to hopefully scam a few suckers into giving them their money.  Just like they ripped off NXT's PoS algo and poorly implemented it as DPoS in Bitshares, they are now doing the exact same thing with Synereo.  Heck, they even chose a name that is very similar to Synereo, "Steem".  I'm sure they're hoping that people get confused, because they both start with a "S" and purchase their poorly implemented scam.

Pathetic how this project has been launched and relaunched, with like 4 ANNs to spread out the bullshit. BTS at an alltime low, funding is dried up, so they launch this shitcoin with false info shown in the ANN (no premine/instamine, really?) and dump on anyone who tries to buy it on exchanges.

Also how can anyone call a website/service decentralized which pays out from the stakes of the 80% instamine/premine?

Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

Are you a juvenile delinquent by any chance?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: