Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate Warned Us  (Read 5388 times)
miscreanity (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:12:58 PM

This is from an earlier thread when the $9 level was breached a month ago; pay attention to the parts I've underlined.

Dunno if there's another thread discussing this, I just saw this on Reddit (original log on pastebin).

<pirateat40> this was kind of like a training simulation.
<pirateat40> it will all make sense soon enough.
<pirateat40> crashed is != corrected.
<pirateat40> we don't want another bubble and my charts/triggers were screaming at me.
<proudhon> pirateat40, could you stop another "rally" if one were to ignite right now and buy up above $10?
<pirateat40> proudhon, i could take [you] to 1.80 if i needed to.
<pirateat40> There is no point in the last 7 months that I've not been in control of the market.

<pirateat40> Keep buying people...
<pirateat40> I'm just going to say this [one] time.... If you panic buy, you're going to lose.
<pirateat40> Yes, Everyone BUY
<pirateat40> GO!, NOW
<pirateat40> The more you buy the more I make.
<pirateat40> this is the first time ive ever played the market. It was simply a statement, I don't plan on making it part of my process. It's simply a warning.
<pirateat40> 80% is the people not in our tiny community.
<pirateat40> Im trying to make a point here.
<pirateat40> well guys, i think i've scared off the sellers. I'm tired and going to call it night and let the bots play. IRCFrEAK, im pulling the my wall and dumping.... Get ready!

In the July spike above $9, there was far too rapid an ascent. This one showed the same hallmarks and has so far elicited similar actions from Pirate (et al?). Neither were bubbles, but rather carefully managed ranges.

After the price was knocked down from $9, there was a calm period of almost two weeks. The decline from $15 is now nearly 50% and should create a somewhat longer calm period when it comes to technical trading - possibly several weeks, or even months in duration if Pirate was the primary cause of appreciation over the last few months.

Of course, with Pirate closing BS&T, the liquidation process will probably be volatile. I expect to see patterns similar to gold from mid-2011 to early 2012, only crammed into about a week's time. Since the Bitcoin economy is significantly greater than the community on the forums and IRC, we are privy to more information than most of the people participating in the exchange markets and can better capitalize on that volatility.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:37:37 PM

Yah someone who at best controls 3-4% of btc is completely in control of the economy. If anyone was on vacation for the week they wouldn't even notice the impact of this weekend. Bitcoin is way bigger than some narcissistic ponzi operator and will be fine long term. Sell all your coins though, bitcoin is finished. September Gavin will be announcing CIA takeover of all bitcoin development with Pirate being promoted to Director.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:40:01 PM

If anyone was on vacation for the week they wouldn't even notice the impact of this weekend.

Doubtful
556j

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:47:05 PM

If anyone was on vacation for the week they wouldn't even notice the impact of this weekend.

Doubtful

maybe 1 week is exaggerating  but 30 day low is 7.58. Less than 9 months ago btc was close to $3. The panic is hilarious.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:55:55 PM

He made me $3000 on purpose.

pirate has complete control of the market.

Be humble!
556j

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:00:31 PM

oh shit 3,000 dolllars. you can almost buy a 8 year old Saturn or Kia with that kind of cash. Ballin'
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:03:20 PM

What's that sound? The sound of someone who doesn't think $3000 is a lot of money?

How about you send me $3000 if it's meaningless to you.

Be humble!
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

oh shit 3,000 dolllars. you can almost buy a 8 year old Saturn or Kia with that kind of cash. Ballin'

I think $3000 is nothing.
Send it to me instead.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:10:25 PM

miscreanity, shame on you.  you know better than this.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:14:42 PM

When you're as smart as i am you don't have to know anything...
556j

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:16:11 PM

What's that sound? The sound of someone who doesn't think $3000 is a lot of money?

Have you never worked as a delivery boy? I did when I was in college. First thing I noticed, nice neighborhood = shit tips. Trailer park = gold mine.
GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:28:49 PM

Have you never worked as a delivery boy? I did when I was in college. First thing I noticed, nice neighborhood = shit tips. Trailer park = gold mine.

Yes. But no. There are the same amount of shitty tippers in shitty neighborhoods as shitty tippers in expensive neighborhoods.

In fact, I can tell a good tip from a bad tip BETTER by skin color combined with speech dialect.

Be humble!
miscreanity (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:34:46 PM

I'm no Proudhon Tongue
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 12:27:34 AM

Yes. But no. There are the same amount of shitty tippers in shitty neighborhoods as shitty tippers in expensive neighborhoods.

In fact, I can tell a good tip from a bad tip BETTER by skin color combined with speech dialect.
really?  i'm actually rather curious about this whole tipping business

i remember when i was poor in college and ordering out for pizza, i'd tip about 20%.  now that i have more money, i tip about 10%. 

maybe age plays a factor too?

Huh
556j

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:31:42 AM

really?  i'm actually rather curious about this whole tipping business

i remember when i was poor in college and ordering out for pizza, i'd tip about 20%.  now that i have more money, i tip about 10%.  

maybe age plays a factor too?

Huh

He must have been in an especially bad area or is just racist and sees what he wants. It's pretty well accepted/known that higher income areas and people will tip less than lower income. I still remember my highest tip. Some drunk redneck in a trailer during football season. The 500k+ houses always told me "keep the change" like 70 cents, acting like they were doing me a huge favor. I think it has a lot to do with being able to relate to the person more. The closer your income is to the delivery guy the more human you see them as, or the more you can relate to them. While people that make much more don't give a shit about that person so they aren't trying to impress them or be on their good side, cuz they look down on them or similar.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:15:13 AM

I'm all up for performance related/defined pay. I don't see tipping as being a particually efficent way of achieving this, or much to do with polietness. Particually when it comes to food and eateries that manege both quality and value arn't geared up for tipping at all but high class places where your massivly overcharged then add more insult by having to have you press another button during the debit card transaction to avoid the tip. Iv'e not lived anywhere where there is a culture of tipping, I'm sure I'd find it infuriating.

I'm interested to know if anyone tips for anything that happens often, for example tipping the bus driver each day if you travel by bus a lot.

It's interesting, and makes a lot of sence that people tip more where they can relate to the person they are tipping. It feels racist if somone tips less to a black man than a white one, but this idea perhaps goes some way to giving an explonation, maybe the tipper would be shocked if they were made conciously aware of there tipping habbits.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:26:47 AM

This is from an earlier thread when the $9 level was breached a month ago; pay attention to the parts I've underlined.

Dunno if there's another thread discussing this, I just saw this on Reddit (original log on pastebin).

<pirateat40> this was kind of like a training simulation.
<pirateat40> it will all make sense soon enough.
<pirateat40> crashed is != corrected.
<pirateat40> we don't want another bubble and my charts/triggers were screaming at me.
<proudhon> pirateat40, could you stop another "rally" if one were to ignite right now and buy up above $10?
<pirateat40> proudhon, i could take [you] to 1.80 if i needed to.
<pirateat40> There is no point in the last 7 months that I've not been in control of the market.

<pirateat40> Keep buying people...
<pirateat40> I'm just going to say this [one] time.... If you panic buy, you're going to lose.
<pirateat40> Yes, Everyone BUY
<pirateat40> GO!, NOW
<pirateat40> The more you buy the more I make.
<pirateat40> this is the first time ive ever played the market. It was simply a statement, I don't plan on making it part of my process. It's simply a warning.
<pirateat40> 80% is the people not in our tiny community.
<pirateat40> Im trying to make a point here.
<pirateat40> well guys, i think i've scared off the sellers. I'm tired and going to call it night and let the bots play. IRCFrEAK, im pulling the my wall and dumping.... Get ready!

he contradicts himself.

<pirateat40> There is no point in the last 7 months that I've not been in control of the market.[/b]
<pirateat40> this is the first time ive ever played the market.
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:30:13 AM

Yah someone who at best controls 3-4% of btc is completely in control of the economy.

We have billionaires that only control .005% of the real world economy being accused of controlling it. Accurately.

3-4% of all BTC is vastly more than the currency trade volume.

edit - 500k BTC is an even 5%, anyway.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:42:44 AM

Yah someone who at best controls 3-4% of btc is completely in control of the economy.

We have billionaires that only control .005% of the real world economy being accused of controlling it. Accurately.

5% assuming that none of the 10M BTC is unrecoverable or in the hands of people with no interest in selling ever.
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:47:12 AM

5% assuming that none of the 10M BTC is unrecoverable or in the hands of people with no interest in selling ever.

In which case, he has more.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: