Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price in 10 years.....  (Read 5824 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:03:45 PM

Just like Satoshi already said, I also believe that in 10 years the volume will either be very high on there will be no volume at all. This will directly be reflected by the price of BTC, which will either be very high or crash even below current levels.
Satoshi predicted everything thus far, including the centralization of mining. Guy was a genius, im pretty sure in 5 years we'll laugh at the current ATH since it will be nothing compared to the current price at that time.

He just really understood what he was doing. He saw the implications before they played out, which is remarkable. But I'm sure he couldn't predict every single thing happening over the last couple of years, I'm not even sure he would have predicted today's prices!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:08:25 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 12:14:28 PM by Amph

Just like Satoshi already said, I also believe that in 10 years the volume will either be very high on there will be no volume at all. This will directly be reflected by the price of BTC, which will either be very high or crash even below current levels.
Satoshi predicted everything thus far, including the centralization of mining. Guy was a genius, im pretty sure in 5 years we'll laugh at the current ATH since it will be nothing compared to the current price at that time.

He just really understood what he was doing. He saw the implications before they played out, which is remarkable. But I'm sure he couldn't predict every single thing happening over the last couple of years, I'm not even sure he would have predicted today's prices!

well today price doesn't matter much, since is a "passing price", i don't think he cared at all about all the swings, or if he follow the chart so desperately like many of us, if he did some math about the price he based it on block halving and hashrate increase.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:24:34 AM

Just a bit of fun speculation -

What price do you see one bitcoin being valued at in 10 years, take a guess?

I'd be absolutely fucking delighted with $5,000 per bitcoin.

In 10 years?  I think this will be $10,000 per Bitcoin.  So better buy now, it can go surge to +1000 really fast.  Remember 2013?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:18:31 AM

Ten years is a long time. I hesitate to put a dollar price on that timeframe, though I expect to be able to buy a nice house (current dollar value, around 500 k) for roughly 20 bitcoin in ten years - so in today's dollars I suppose I'm hoping for roughly 25k per bitcoin.

Or zero, zero is always possible.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:17:25 PM

well today price doesn't matter much, since is a "passing price", i don't think he cared at all about all the swings, or if he follow the chart so desperately like many of us, if he did some math about the price he based it on block halving and hashrate increase.

I believe he was mainly concerned about the block-reward-halving times and the actual factor of the halvings (they could've been 1/3, 1/4, 1/x, or any other maybe even logarithmic or exponential factor). He made sure that they made sense (more or less) and sent Bitcoin on it's way. There are tons of altcoins with different difficulty-adjustment-formulas and reward-schemes. If one of them was really better than BTC, they would have the biggest market cap already!

minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:24:14 PM

Ten years is a long time. I hesitate to put a dollar price on that timeframe, though I expect to be able to buy a nice house (current dollar value, around 500 k) for roughly 20 bitcoin in ten years - so in today's dollars I suppose I'm hoping for roughly 25k per bitcoin.

Wow that's really a decent price and also, if I may say so: a bold prediction during these bearish days. I'm rather worried about the weeks and months to come, but I also believe that we may achieve those prices if Bitcoin continues to gain traction and finds even more use-cases. A bold goal, but I think it's still possible in 10 years or so!

rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:26:48 PM

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Same timeframe and roughly the same number of btc.

Enough to be in the game if it succeeds but not too much to be suicidal if it fails.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:29:58 PM

Glad to see that there are still some people who are willing to put some decent money into the game without actually having their hopes up too high, or denying the possibility of losing it all - which may very well still happen! Just keep a cool head and everything will be fine Smiley

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:37:54 PM

Glad to see that there are still some people who are willing to put some decent money into the game without actually having their hopes up too high, or denying the possibility of losing it all - which may very well still happen! Just keep a cool head and everything will be fine Smiley

Well.....I may buy a little more!😉

I'd be a bit pissed off if it fails as I enjoy reading up on the forums each evening.

.......for this reason it can't fail.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: