Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10K BTC accidentally lost - may be somebody could help me find them!  (Read 1626 times)
yet_another_bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:39:59 PM

I just found this on wikipedia:

"Feb 2010 – May 2010   less than $0.01   User "laszlo" made the first real-world transaction – he bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC.[74][75] User "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found."

So this news is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin

I created my story around this well known fact Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:41:48 PM

I almost feel for the story till I read the replies of the user. It won't be strange if someone did that earlier in 2009-10 as bitcoin price was $0.001 or merely nothing and a pizza is worth about $6-$7 approx even in 2009 so basically a person would be sending 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas.
I just found this on wikipedia:

"Feb 2010 – May 2010   less than $0.01   User "laszlo" made the first real-world transaction – he bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC.[74][75] User "SmokeTooMuch" auctioned 10,000 BTC for $50 (cumulatively), but no buyer was found."

So this news is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin
Pointing out the obvious are we or are you still new to this?
OP is trying to sell us a fake story. He's trying to pretend that he was the man who took the 10K bitcoins for pizza. People need to stop falling for this nonsense.

I dint know this story before and I am still new to bitcoins. It was last month when I inquired the first price of a bitcoin as I don't know the HISTORY of bitcoins as you all know.

I created my story around this well known fact Wink

Yeah just read it. I guess everyone already knew this except me.  Undecided

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:42:43 PM

only Satoshi can do this.

yet_another_bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:51:43 PM

Saying honestly, I'm not a troll. I created this story in order to take part in cryptonews contest - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1027640.0 as I wanted to earn 1 BTC if I will be lucky. I'm going to marry and thus I'm looking for such stupid earnings like 1 post = 1BTC Roll Eyes

But I looked to all boring stories of other guys in contest page and decided to post it here. The reason is simple - most likely my story isn't relevant to contest (because it's obvious fake) and it's better at least to cheer up guys from bitcointalk than simply delete my post.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:57:45 PM

Best bullshit story so far. No one is THAT stupid to think if the private keys are still intact someone must have used them by now. They are long gone and zeroed/overwritten if this story was true.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:58:20 PM

Sadly I had something similar happen to me. I lost over 20K BTC the other day. I was just working on my laptop outside when my unicorn bit it; while holding it in its mouth it flew away. Roll Eyes

Unicorns fly? Well you learn something new everyday! On topic, Pathetic story and a little delayed considering the timeline of things, I give you a 1 out of 10, you know for creativity  Roll Eyes
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:03:20 PM

Sadly I had something similar happen to me. I lost over 20K BTC the other day. I was just working on my laptop outside when my unicorn bit it; while holding it in its mouth it flew away. Roll Eyes

Unicorns fly? Well you learn something new everyday! On topic, Pathetic story and a little delayed considering the timeline of things, I give you a 1 out of 10, you know for creativity  Roll Eyes

-1/10, dude it wasnt even entertaining.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
qwer312

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 09:59:11 PM

It was usual rainy spring day, when I was sitting near the window and thinking about sad situation, happened to me: I lost almost all of my money because of carders and my mood was even dirtier than the weather. Also, in that times my small business was suffering losses and I decided to cell it or to turn a tide. I googled a lot, trying to find best solution, just look for my google queries in order to understand my state of mind:

- "how cell business quickly";
- "is it really impossible to cell busines quickly?";
- "how improve public catering point";
- "deliver large amount of whiskey to home";
- "cartoons about pony online"

One of the serach results contained something about bitcoin and I read some article without any interest. My first assotiations to bitcoin were "motorbike in Tokyo", "torrent", "shatter to 256 parts". I told about bitcoin to my friend and he surprisingly inflamed with bitcoin and helped me to implement bitcoin payments in my humble web site.

Few weeks later after bitcoin payment implementation, some customer put an order in my site. His nickname was "lasso" or "lazlo", I don't remember and he proposed to give me ridiculous sum  - about 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas. Surely, I laughed and told to my friend: "Look! This guy thinks I'm a pizza donator!" My friend convinced me to be kind and accept this proposal. I put all this 10K bitcoins to my old laptop and forgot about them. Month later, I had to cell my business in order to close all my debts and also sold my laptop.

...In November, 2013 I had heard bitcoin price and from that time to the moment my only wish is to find a guy who purchased my laptop. If you read this please, return me my laptop, you anyway doesn't know my private key! I will give you 100BTC, just return me my laptop!!!!!

You truly are the jokes . Like attention or simply sensational narrative ? within 24 minutes after you post it , you have found the owner of the story.

"lasso" or "lazlo" .

If you have the private key. I don't think you're here to find your laptop. maybe this time you 're at Caribbean beach.
Chabacano

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:51:49 AM

HAHAHAHA
welder6699

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:16:07 AM

wasted my 2 min on this Angry
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:55:15 PM

It was usual rainy spring day, when I was sitting near the window and thinking about sad situation, happened to me: I lost almost all of my money because of carders and my mood was even dirtier than the weather. Also, in that times my small business was suffering losses and I decided to cell it or to turn a tide. I googled a lot, trying to find best solution, just look for my google queries in order to understand my state of mind:

- "how cell business quickly";
- "is it really impossible to cell busines quickly?";
- "how improve public catering point";
- "deliver large amount of whiskey to home";
- "cartoons about pony online"

One of the serach results contained something about bitcoin and I read some article without any interest. My first assotiations to bitcoin were "motorbike in Tokyo", "torrent", "shatter to 256 parts". I told about bitcoin to my friend and he surprisingly inflamed with bitcoin and helped me to implement bitcoin payments in my humble web site.

Few weeks later after bitcoin payment implementation, some customer put an order in my site. His nickname was "lasso" or "lazlo", I don't remember and he proposed to give me ridiculous sum  - about 10K bitcoins for 2 pizzas. Surely, I laughed and told to my friend: "Look! This guy thinks I'm a pizza donator!" My friend convinced me to be kind and accept this proposal. I put all this 10K bitcoins to my old laptop and forgot about them. Month later, I had to cell my business in order to close all my debts and also sold my laptop.

...In November, 2013 I had heard bitcoin price and from that time to the moment my only wish is to find a guy who purchased my laptop. If you read this please, return me my laptop, you anyway doesn't know my private key! I will give you 100BTC, just return me my laptop!!!!!

Pics or it didn't happen.   Or in this case, bitcoin addresses or it didn't happen.

Xprim777
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1170

Icarus team 🔐💳

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 05:15:35 PM

Lol, I'm sorry for you if your story is true. Otherwise it can be a good base to write a book.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀