Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:10:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the price dropping?  (Read 7854 times)
gadsie (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:13:39 PM

Is there something big going on? I'm asking because if it's just a hype thing (like the Mike Hearn thing) this would be a good time to buy. Otherwise I don't know

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:34:09 PM

These drops are normal and happen quite often lately. Don't pay too much attention to them. If you want to buy yourself some Bitcoins then right now is a good moment. Tomorrow or the day after that the price will go back to around $400 again.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:44:02 PM

These drops are normal and happen quite often lately. Don't pay too much attention to them.

+1. Price falling pretty much all the time now. Just ignore it and hodl.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:48:59 PM

I'll say it once more...
Broken fundamentals and stagnated development.

Broken fundamentals aren't bad if there are people willing to resolve it.
Right now that last part is totally missing within the whole of the bit coin community.

Sure, go ahead and tell everyone it will be fixed when it needs to be. I've debunked that argument over and over. The time to fix what's broken with bitcoin is yesterday rather than today or tomorrow.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

Is there something big going on? I'm asking because if it's just a hype thing (like the Mike Hearn thing) this would be a good time to buy. Otherwise I don't know
I have been familiar with bitcoin with all these ups and downs,

If the price doesn't change for a while then I'm surprised Tongue

I'm just surprised about the DOGE altcoin which increased dramatically these days after few months dying.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:20:59 PM

For i think it just a effect of the market if less buyer and more seller the price will should be decrease but if more buyers and less seller the price should be increase. I just heard it before here in speculation. honestly i dont know why the price is going dump again...

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

AFAIK there isn't any thing going at the moment that affected this dump so most likely just sellers of BTCitcoin behind this as it's still within the range of normal inflation rate (10 to 15%) since it has been 16% difference for today from highest to lowest, so nothing to panic about and this could continue (the up and down of BTCitcoin worth) for the next 2 weeks before it settles in a smaller range of inflation.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 06:58:17 PM

Do you question and wonder what is going on when we rise $10-$20? It is forever doing it. There is no news that I am aware of that is to blame for this recent couple of dollar drop. I don't actually don't care either. I will be waiting to buy more as I don't think this is the time currently.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:29:15 PM

I think this will be the lowest point of the year, and we can even continue for a couple more months even. Then the price will start to rise, we'll definitely close the year around $500-600 if not more. Every year seems the same with Bitcoin, there are a lot of pumps, dumps and bumps hehe but at the end Bitcoin always grow compared the previous year, that's all we need to know. Just buy when you feel you have a good window and hold, Bitcoin it's still only a long term investment.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 07:32:22 PM

come on $10, is not something that i would call a drop, you are aware about the definition of swings?

a drop is more like 30% of the value, not even 10% is a drop for me
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:18:52 PM

possibly because people are getting in on some good stock deals, lots are down 10-20% even from just a few months ago, netflix, FB, F, etc
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 08:25:01 PM

Price of bitcoin has high volatility. And major market affects on it. We can see for past examples, when market is boom price of bitcoin goes up and when market collapse it goes down.

Since from origin of bitcoin it gains tremendous value in 2013 it was at $1150. But later on it start to use globally for trading. And reach to $230. Again it booms to $500 and now its at $400.

previously 88 times it was announced that bitcoin is die. And Marks statement is 89th.
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:33:49 PM

possibly because people are getting in on some good stock deals, lots are down 10-20% even from just a few months ago, netflix, FB, F, etc

Those stocks are starting to bounce so all the investors who were waiting for confirmation of the bottom will be buying back in. Those who sold high could be dumping Bitcoins to invest back into in stocks as they can now buy low. The money in stocks is so massive a small proportion of its investors dabbling in Bitcoin could swing the market.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 08:38:19 PM

A drop like this is usually a pretty good entry point if there is no indication of the price dropping lower.

You just saved yourself 10 usd for not buying just before the drop, lucky you!
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 09:12:17 PM

Those stocks are starting to bounce so all the investors who were waiting for confirmation of the bottom will be buying back in. Those who sold high could be dumping Bitcoins to invest back into in stocks as they can now buy low. The money in stocks is so massive a small proportion of its investors dabbling in Bitcoin could swing the market.

I think its because of market trends.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:15:54 PM

I'll say it once more...

Right now that last part is totally missing within the whole of the bit coin community.

Sure, go ahead and tell everyone it will be fixed when it needs to be. I've debunked that argument over and over. The time to fix what's broken with bitcoin is yesterday rather than today or tomorrow.

I couldn't say better. I hope that someday puppets developpers will understand that what they're doing is killing Bitcoin's spirit and health...
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 09:31:47 PM

I'll say it once more...

No. I mean broken fundamentals and stagnated development can obviously cause value to drop, but fluctuations are normal and if you look at the price of BTC over a 12 month period, a much more logical explanation is that it hit a bubble where speculation drove the price up - either speculation on bitcoin continuing to go up or speculation that a fiat currency might be in trouble.

I suspect the latter, and the fiat currency I think some speculators thought might be in trouble is the Chinese Yuan.

I think the bubble that started a few months ago was caused by increased Chinese demand hedging against their currency, which of course drove the price up for everyone regardless of their currency.

I think the current fluctuations are the value trying to find the balance of where it should be.

I might be wrong but that's what I suspect.

Other than Hearn I haven't personally heard of anyone claiming they are dumping because of broken fundamentals or stagnated development, and Hearn has a conflicting interest.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 09:56:12 PM

I'll say it once more...

What are these broken fundamentals and stagnated development you talk about? Really many of us don't understand all this mumbo jumbo. The only thing I see that Bitcoin hasn't done in all of its years of existence is to create an actual demand for it to be used. On top of that, usability is not its strongest point either...

How can you convince anyone to actual buy Bitcoin? Why? What for? Really that's the main issue, why the average Joe needs it?
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:23:24 PM

Not like there's have to be anything relevant for the price to move, but there could be several reasons why it's happening;

-Waters still stirred due to M.H (imho largely overrated)
-Russia's ban on bitcoin , enforced in the form of Russian ISP's blocking bitcoin related sites, exchanges and so on..
-Still uncertain stance of China in the case of bitcoin's legality (and since they're closely related to Russia, things could get ugly)
-EU Parliament held hearing on possible crypto currencies regulation

... more to come
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:41:39 PM

Mike Hearn has nothing to do with the price.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: