Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Classic has just been released. Will it effect the BTC price?  (Read 2001 times)
disclaimer201 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:33:23 PM

After all that fuzz we saw in the past couple of weeks, Bitcoin Classic has just been released as I was just told via their email newsletter. Ready for download!

Your views? Will it be the doom of Bitcoin? Will it finally allow it to scale and most importantly, what will happen to the price???

Go!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:43:27 PM

My only prediction is - another trillion words of screaming and smearing on both sides per day until it reaches a critical mass and the internet commits suicide.
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 07:45:51 PM

I suspect most people are just like me. Tired of the drama, not giving a damn about classic, little if any impact on the price.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:47:24 PM

I suspect most people are just like me. Tired of the drama, not giving a damn about classic, little if any impact on the price.
Thats the regular joe right there, same goes for me.
gijoes

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 07:56:01 PM

After all that fuzz we saw in the past couple of weeks, Bitcoin Classic has just been released as I was just told via their email newsletter. Ready for download!

Your views? Will it be the doom of Bitcoin? Will it finally allow it to scale and most importantly, what will happen to the price???

Release means nothing. Miners lining up to support Classic and a permanent network split that may result from their actions is quite another matter:
http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/in-the-event-of-a-fork-i-will-sell-rbf-blockstream-core-coins-and-buy-classic-bitcoins

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
jod_doj

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:01:22 PM

oh wow now im kinda afraid of this whole thing as the price might fall down because of a possible network split
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:02:36 PM

oh wow now im kinda afraid of this whole thing as the price might fall down because of a possible network split
I'm up for BTC price going down, frikkin thing's been above 300 for ages.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:04:43 PM

Well, based on what I can see with the price, the average on each exchange has gone up >$10 over today, so that means either people are buying Bitcoin because classic was released and it is not living up to expectations or other reasoning. I wonder how people are going to react to classic.
xslugx

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:13:21 PM

My only prediction is - another trillion words of screaming and smearing on both sides per day until it reaches a critical mass and the internet commits suicide.

Ahahah!

Yeah it won't do anything. Why would it?

The only thing that will affect the price will be the resolution of the size issue.

disclaimer201 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:20:47 PM

Well, I don't believe we will see doomsday when 2MB blocks hit or anything like that. It's long overdue and so I switched. It will help Bitcoin to scale and once we need other solutions, I'm open to rethink the situation. Best thing about BTC is that it evolves. I've seen BTC hardfork before and it's not problematic at all.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:31:34 PM

This is the average joe! Not the people who are bored with the news about core, forks, blocksizes above.... those people are average bitcointalk-regulars!

I think the average joe, including many speculators who are technically not very savvy, will think exactly the same, and drop it like it's hot. I'm waiting for that very moment to buy back in as I sold all my BTC for ETH, DASH and XMR @ 397 €. I''l buy back in at half that price.

=P
disclaimer201 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:36:41 PM

This is the average joe! Not the people who are bored with the news about core, forks, blocksizes above.... those people are average bitcointalk-regulars!

I think the average joe, including many speculators who are technically not very savvy, will think exactly the same, and drop it like it's hot. I'm waiting for that very moment to buy back in as I sold all my BTC for ETH, DASH and XMR @ 397 €. I''l buy back in at half that price.

You have some balls! Then again, it's easy to say when you only own 0.19 BTC or so. If I was you, I wouldn't wait too too long to buy back some of your BTC.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:36:52 PM

Classic released, Bitcoin UP!

There's definitely going to be some rage dumping if the fork actually happens, but after that... double the capacity for an epic rally.  Smiley
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:41:43 PM

Don't think it will have that much effect on the price. Some people might try it for a few days but they will switch back to Bitcoin Core again as they see the adoption of Classic is severely lacking interest from people.
blunderer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:42:30 PM

There's definitely going to be some rage dumping if the fork actually happens, but after that... double the capacity for an epic rally.  Smiley

Not worried about rage dumping. Because perfect opportunity for major institutional investors, the ones waiting in the wings & keeping the price down to accumulate Cool
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:44:33 PM

You have some balls! Then again, it's easy to say when you only own 0.19 BTC or so. If I was you, I wouldn't wait too too long to buy back some of your BTC.

Thank you. It was one of a very few trades that were succesful. However it has been very succesful. Bought ETH @ 0.0038 haha. DASH @ 0.009.

It sure wasn't an easy decission.

I stand by my analysis. I''m waiting for a fork, blood in the streets, then I will buy back in and double up for a second time.

=P
xslugx

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:45:35 PM

Bah. Don't think too much about that.

Halving is coming, and with it a decrease of btc supply. So btc price can't fall down too much. And after that the size issue will be resolved at a moment or another.

The only final result is the rise of btc!

gijoes

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:45:45 PM

Dream on. No one in their sane mind will invest in Toomincoin: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/if-non-core-hard-fork-wins-major-holders-will-sell-btc-driving-price-into-the-ground

Classic maintainers let it slip that they are planning a major "reorganization" of Bitcoin governance, including "popular voting" on 21M coin limit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4326ya/jonathan_toomim_on_bitcoin_classic_everything_can/

Doesn't really boost investor confidence, does it?

🔒 SafeCrypt.io  █████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:50:23 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 01:14:03 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Dream on. No one in their sane mind will invest in Toomincoin: http://bitcoinocracy.com/arguments/if-non-core-hard-fork-wins-major-holders-will-sell-btc-driving-price-into-the-ground

Classic maintainers let it slip that they are planning a major "reorganization" of Bitcoin governance, including "popular voting" on 21M coin limit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4326ya/jonathan_toomim_on_bitcoin_classic_everything_can/

Doesn't really boost investor confidence, does it?

Jeff and Gavin are now lead maintainers of Classic. The Toomin's are re-listed as consultants of some kind.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:59:45 PM

oh nice, i hope that the price will go up because of that, but i dont think it is possible because people will be afraid of a drop
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: