Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, are all the previous ETH haters now ETH(ETC) lovers???  (Read 2970 times)
StinkyLover (OP)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:24:16 AM

Just a question.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe my eyes are lying to me but I see a few people on here who ABSOLUTELY HATED ETH, who are now ABSOLUTELY LOVING ETH(ETC). The problem I have here is that those haters say that they hated the ETH principle and technology blah blah blah... but the principle and technology blah blah blah... has not changed. ETH(ETC) is still the old ETH, on the same old 'old chain', but now they're arguing for it!!! The very thing they said they hated!!!

I don't get it...

So, did they really hate ETH,
or did they just hate the profit people were making with ETH,
or did they just hate the fact that they didn't create ETH,
or did they just hate the fact that they missed the big bus that was ETH,
or is this just a relic of them still wanting to buy cheap ETH,
or do they still hate ETH so much that they'll buy ETH(ETC) to kill ETH,
or is the enemy of my enemy my friend, therefore ETH(ETC),
or is it something else and I've completely missed the actual factual point?

Can anyone explain why 'the intelligent ones' who used to hate ETH and argued with such vitriol against ETH are now buying and supporting ETH(ETC)?? I thought 'the intelligent ones' were immutable!

This industry is pure fiction!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 12:43:20 AM

etc gives eth haters more reason to hate eth than ever and they can make money at the same time. what's not to love? I guess also etc's existence clears up some of the doubts others had about eth's morality and backbone. if etc sticks around they're gonna have to hold themselves to some rigid principles. that appeals to a lot of people.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:31:49 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2016, 03:41:53 AM by dinofelis

Its much simpler than that.

They hated the fact that the Ether Foundation could roll back transactions.

Now, for the first time in human history, there exists an Ethereum chain that no human can stop (not even the most powerful devs in the world).

Proof of immutability was what bitcoiners like me were looking for this whole time.

Amen.

Moreover, "rolling back because of theft through a fork" is impossible, because there will always be theft.  Bitcoin has known more than 50 spectacular thefts (exchanges, big wallet owners, ....) and many much more small thefts.  So if you fork EVERY TIME, then you fork your coin to oblivion, and if you don't, it means that not all users are equal for the "law", and only buddies and important people will get forked out of theft, which is morally even more fiat-like.

On top of that, "theft" in the bitcoin world is rather simple: it is stealing a currency.  "theft" in the ethereum world, "abuse of contract", is a much murkier water.  Who is going to be the judge ?

So what ETH did is impossible to maintain as a principle.  And if it is impossible to maintain as a principle, then that means that there are privileged and non privileged: those who will be bailed out by a fork, and the normal crowd.

ETH has lost all moral and legal foundations by forking, even if it was to "restore funds from theft", simply because that principle cannot be maintained.

And if now they claim that this was only once, then what do we have to think ?  That, in their dreams, by the time ethereum takes over bitcoin and has a market cap of say, $50 billion, with contracts running on it in the 5 billion dollars, when people loose now, due to a bug, 4 billion dollars, what are they going to do ?  They bailed out a meager 60 millions back in the old days.  What are they going to do when 4 billion is lost ?  "sorry guys, we said that it was the last time" ?

No, ETH has lost all grounds to know whether you'll get a bail out or not, and OF COURSE there will be a lot of theft and contracts doing funny things on it, unless ETH won't have contracts on it any more.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1438

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:47:07 AM

Yes. The new support momentum coming in to the original Ethereum classic is coming from the bitcoiners. I think even the attacker is a bitcoiner himself. There are even discussions that the attacker is the group of Mircea Popescu. He is one of the most feared men in bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:55:27 AM

i really love ETH especially when the rate is down LOL  Grin because its good for margin. but i am not much like it ETC. but as long as ETC can give me profit, i will buy and sell it like other people.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:29:22 AM

I thought that Ethereum will be done after the DAO hack. I was wrong. Now this situation reminds me of mythological Hydra, when you cut one of its heads another grows.
This is what ETH (ETC) is now- a hydra. What I love, however, is the way ETH team is solving problems - 'just fork it boys, and full speed ahead'!
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:53:50 AM

i didn't hate ETH because from old ETH i was already got small profit from these coin and now new ETH {ETC} has becomes the new celebrity in cryptocurrency world because it's being popular currently and market cap also looks pretty good but for me it's all about how i got profit not more from that because if i thought i will got profit from these coin i think i would love these coin too
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:00:05 AM

you are a fool if you think people ever loved ethereum.

maybe some found the project somewhat interesting at some point. or liked it at best.

but in general everybody is loving the pump and dump and the BTC and $ they are earning from the pump and dump and that is all there is to it.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1438

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:07:11 AM

maybe some found the project somewhat interesting at some point. or liked it at best.

but in general everybody is loving the pump and dump and the BTC and $ they are earning from the pump and dump and that is all there is to it.

This guy speaks the truth. The real intention here is to make money. The group supporting the original Ethereum classic is now looking for their opportunity to get their light in the day and make profit. But I hope they intend to build a better platform side by side with making money. That is only fair.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:16:57 AM

Agreed it's about the real desire.. BITCOIN !

I have seen nothing different with any of this post-fork shenanigans
that would make me think there is more support for Ethereum.. or variants.

End of the day ETH is ETH.

All i think is i figured it was scammy in 2014 and even more by 2016.
This all changes nothing for me..

You all wanna play around with this crap.. have at 'er ..go hard.
Don't complain when you get burned though.

..i wouldn't touch that coin with YOUR wallet guys !

FUD first & ask questions later™
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 06:19:51 AM

Many ppl didnt like hf. hf happen only because vitalik, his friends and few miners were invested in dao, and wonted to get their investment back. This hf was made for all the wrong reasons.

etc is acctually what eth should be - running unstobable applications. this includes all the consequences of writing, and investing, into bugy contracts.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
Mark02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 08:18:22 AM

This guy speaks the truth. The real intention here is to make money. The group supporting the original Ethereum classic is now looking for their opportunity to get their light in the day and make profit. But I hope they intend to build a better platform side by side with making money. That is only fair.

Yeah, traders don't love the coin itself. They love the fluctuation of the price which gives them opportunity to gain profit from it. They are supporting he coin when they got profit from it. When sudden drop of coin occur and their profit looses, they make accusations to the coin. It is funny how Ironic to those who just go with the flow. The dev's are doing great jobs to make the coin better but it is not appreciated.
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 09:18:17 AM

Many ppl didnt like hf. hf happen only because vitalik, his friends and few miners were invested in dao, and wonted to get their investment back. This hf was made for all the wrong reasons.

etc is acctually what eth should be - running unstobable applications. this includes all the consequences of writing, and investing, into bugy contracts.

If you think etc is acctually what eth should be, are you going to support the ETC and buy it or mine it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
StinkyLover (OP)

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:31:55 AM

Now, for the first time in human history, there exists an Ethereum chain that no human can stop (not even the most powerful devs in the world).

Proof of immutability was what bitcoiners like me were looking for this whole time.

What??? It's no more immutable now than it was before. If our DAO thief and a few guys start up another foundation and miners start to give them the same level of respect that the ETH miners gave the Ether Foundation and one day things don't go their way then ETH(ETC) could also potentially be forked somewhere down the road. What if there's a transaction issue like what we're seeing with BTC?

What makes you claim that forking ETH(ETC) is impossible?? Isn't that the same as Slock.it dudes claiming that The DAO funds are secure??? What if our famous thief decides to show you just how great he is and forks it all by himself using this 'immutable' code.... again!

It was always about the BTC and $. I'm not sure about the PnD statement (not everybody is a trader) but people saw it as a way to become like old school bitcoiners with 1000's of expensive little tokens.

And that's why imo lots are jumping on ETH(ETC). They are hoping to see it at $20 like ETH got to. They want profit! ETH2 has touched down. They're hoping it's 'Destination Moon' and not Destination Gobi' next Cheesy
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:35:21 AM

Absolutely agree with that.
In terms of alts it's all about the money.Short it, pump and dump it to increase your bitcoin stash or to make some profits in fiat.
Sure some Bitcoin maximalists ight take advantage of this whole Ethereum debacle as well to make Vitalik and Brian Shitstrong feel even more pissed.And guess what? They deserve it!!
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:35:29 AM

well spoken! I totally agree.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:07:12 PM

[sorry to be harsh but I have to say this] take your heads out of your asses, there is no Love or Hate ethereum. it is as it has always been about the money. even a newbie looking at the charts can see the potential and also the huge risk that etherum has brought to us to make money.

all the support (love) or deny (hate) topics that you see for either eth or ethc or for both has one purpose and that is contributing to the pump. so far from start of this rally ethc has gone up 400% and dropped down again.

who is to say the same people behind the ethereum are not pumping classic? don't they love $$$

Only Bitcoin
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:28:42 PM

I feel theajority of us that would be branded 'ETH haters' are honestly indifferent about the coin. Most of us reacted to the hype and bullshit that came pouring in, and tried to steer the weaker sheep away from the wolves. ETC is Ethereum, without all the branding and filigree. That, I can appreciate. The fact that it feeds my inner troll to invest in an asset counter to ETH (inversely related) is just icing on my dark hearted cake.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 04:05:28 PM

Indeed. Real bitcoiners love core devs cause they know they will not fuck with the immutability of the blockchain. This factor was not found in Vitalik. Vitalik is just an immature kid, intelligent yes, but very immature. This bailout thing has caused the chain to spawn a new coin that they were not expecting: ETC. ETC is actually the real pre-bailout Ethereum. Bitcoiners pay respect to ETC supports for staying true to the definition of decentralized immutable smart contracts, and that definition includes letting the DAO fall without disturbing the time/space of the blockchain, and they have played with fire by doing a rollback. Remember kids, never fuck around with time/space or you will pay for it. Let things develop. This is the ETC approach. No bailout and rollback for ETC.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 09:36:31 PM

Poor Bitcoin bagholders. I understand them, putting their mouths where money is. They hope for ETH death, it's their only exit. Wink

P.S. Yes, I'm sick and tired of Bitcoin scalability drama. Bitcoin community showed dissonance with miners, that didn't happen in Ethereum's case. For now.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: