Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning  (Read 2759 times)
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:39:40 AM

We all know that people who say the Bitcoin price will rise/fall are usually spammers or account farmers.

There are a lot of dedicated bull/ bear accounts around.
They don't wear a signature (to avoid getting banned for spam), but do what it takes to try and spread FUD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:50:25 AM

We all know that people who say the Bitcoin price will rise/fall are usually spammers or account farmers.

They don't wear a signature (to avoid getting banned for spam), but do what it takes to try and spread FUD

They are mainly signature campaigners or account farmers though. You are also correct that there are others that do it for different purposes. If you don't sell hen a person says to, there's always a risk involved and these could trigger people to buy and sell accounts.
I'm not sure what the mods think of this as these posts are not actively destroyed.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 03:02:59 AM

They are mainly signature campaigners or account farmers though. You are also correct that there are others that do it for different purposes. If you don't sell hen a person says to, there's always a risk involved and these could trigger people to buy and sell accounts.
I'm not sure what the mods think of this as these posts are not actively destroyed.

Sorry to burst your bubble but mods are actively removing posts criticizing bitcoin. About half of my posts vanish. Some is allowed to give the appearance of an open uncensored community which it clearly isn't.
Good ideas don't need censorship, they can withstand scrutiny.

Yet somehow pointing out the many flaws of bitcoin will either result in the removal of the post or nonsense replies that don't even address the issue.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 06:46:00 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble but mods are actively removing posts criticizing bitcoin. About half of my posts vanish. Some is allowed to give the appearance of an open uncensored community which it clearly isn't.

Yet somehow pointing out the many flaws of bitcoin will either result in the removal of the post or nonsense replies that don't even address the issue.

Whether it's a reality that true friends ..?? . Because I am sure that the moderators do it, because maybe you spread hate against bitcoin or you do something which is not true. Indeed bitcoin has drawbacks, but whether we should continue to see shortages of bitcoin compared to see the advantages that we can get it..?? . you don't have to worry about friends, if you don't like the bitcoin. Then you can switch on the currency more
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 10:27:09 AM

Whether it's a reality that true friends ..?? . Because I am sure that the moderators do it, because maybe you spread hate against bitcoin or you do something which is not true. Indeed bitcoin has drawbacks, but whether we should continue to see shortages of bitcoin compared to see the advantages that we can get it..?? . you don't have to worry about friends, if you don't like the bitcoin. Then you can switch on the currency more

Exactly. This is a Bitcoin forum. If you want to report bugs then go to the appropriate places. Most people reply with nonsense anyway, you can usually get a few good replies. They need to just nuke that area of the forum now to remove all the unnecessary posts.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:19:46 AM

yeah say without evidence or any news, I think they will just make people panic to sell their bitcoin and taking advantage of the panic is by capturing low price.
we should always give a positive effect so that people trust and buy bitcoin to make the price rise.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:54:04 AM

Welcome to investing people have every right to speak their mind on this website.  With the recent Monero news alot of people are starting to become skeptical with BTC price.  If some of the largest websites on the Darknet are starting to use Monero as a form of payment (better safety feautres, truely anonymous, and quicker transcation times) so be it .  This is CryptoCurrency's where things can change at any moment.  Adapt to the situation and have back up plans if anything is to go wrong

As an end user of crypto to actually buy things with, give me true anonymity and above all else, faster transaction times any day of the week. But still, XMR is way too volatile yet to be considered as a serious replacement for Bitcoin. Up by around 400% in the past week, and then taking a 40% haircut!?

Not fkn tenable, but in the fullness of time, I could easily see Bitcoin being displaced.

Bitcoin could and should easily be displaced, because it is fucking shit, at what it is meant to do.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:58:03 AM

yeah say without evidence or any news, I think they will just make people panic to sell their bitcoin and taking advantage of the panic is by capturing low price.
we should always give a positive effect so that people trust and buy bitcoin to make the price rise.

It is old news and I think that this is one step that makes everyone into a panic and after the plan successfully. They brought out the issue again so that all users of the bitcoin no longer trust the bitcoin, after that they opened a digital currency to another and they said that the digital currencies are very special and better than the bitcoin or other
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 01:14:08 PM

It is old news and I think that this is one step that makes everyone into a panic and after the plan successfully. They brought out the issue again so that all users of the bitcoin no longer trust the bitcoin, after that they opened a digital currency to another and they said that the digital currencies are very special and better than the bitcoin or other
Well, somehow you have a point but  its not  the general thing why people keep on saying  the price is going down  in able to panic selling.  Its  not a new thing  for us and we even heard and read this anouncements and speculation over and over again but still  bitcoin price is keep rising compare to the previous years although it may drop sometimes  which is normal thing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: