Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what are factors behind the success of Monero  (Read 2018 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 02:11:57 PM

I think the new tech employed in Monero distinguish it from other Altcoin (ring signature), this makes it more difficult to trace unlike BTC, I think what gives it this value is the adoption by the Dark market, this was when the price started rising until it hit $15.

So the tech and adoption by Dark market are the two for me

Criminal activity and the tech behind it sounds like a good investment opportunity to you ?  Cheesy
Did you know that crypto coins are not regulated ?

Mmmm hmmm sounds like a great "Investment"  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:39:08 PM

If monero be called successful because of monero's price was becomed expensive than before
I think it is because of many traders and investors who put their money on monero
and it is still speculation they made investment into monero with large of money,
i don't think that it is because of the developers of monero make new innovations.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:11:58 PM

I'm having my doubts , Monero is mostly used for being anonymous and Its pretty much different from both bitcoin and Ethereum. I can't tell why Litecoin is successful though as It's just another clone from bitcoin.
I however wouldn't be too optimistic , It's just a matter of time until bitcoin implement TumbleBit or another anonymity protocol and that could result to DASH ,Zcash , Monero death .

It is better to be though the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Because Monero is currently one of the most, or probably the most promising private cryptocurrency.

Some factors people look for in a private cryptocurrency:

• Functioning as Designed
  • Open-source & Secure
  • Decentralize & Trustless
  • Private by Default

There is a large community behind Monero, this can be interpreted as significant number of people also seeing Monero as a promising cryptocurrency.

But like any other cryptocurrency, Monero isn't perfect, and may be replaced one day. As a non-technical person who cannot improve or create a better cryptocurrency/solution, I am constantly updating my knowledge of all those private cryptocurrency projects out there.

And the best I can do for Monero is to run monerod when my computer is turned on.  Smiley

I think all coin have that factor.

Did you stop reading after the first point or are your reading comprehension skills that poor?

Please explain to me how all coins are Private by Default. As well as Decentralize & Trustless. Or do you just not comprehend the meaning of those points?

If monero be called successful because of monero's price was becomed expensive than before
I think it is because of many traders and investors who put their money on monero
and it is still speculation they made investment into monero with large of money,
i don't think that it is because of the developers of monero make new innovations.

Please point out the other coins with that market cap that raise in price when BTC rises.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 09:34:21 PM

First of all Monero has a solution for anonymous transactions that is popular. On top of that it had many supporters that have pushed it strongly, as well as a few larger investors. Its price rise from about 0.001 BTC to 0.022+ in 2016 has been pretty spectacular!
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 10:22:21 PM

Actually, much of the currency's success is due to the innovations present in it, developers have done a good job in developing an alternative currency that significantly improves fungibility. Anyway, I don't think this is the best time to put lots of money into it. The currency has the potential to increase in value, but it is necessary to develop an ecosystem around it.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 06:21:52 AM

Actually, much of the currency's success is due to the innovations present in it, developers have done a good job in developing an alternative currency that significantly improves fungibility. Anyway, I don't think this is the best time to put lots of money into it. The currency has the potential to increase in value, but it is necessary to develop an ecosystem around it.
For me the trader that has low capital and daily trader,
i agree with you this is not the best time to put lots of money into monero.
Will be different for the trader that has large capital and long term strategy,
maybe they think it is time to making Investment in monero because of monero's price expensive.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 08:44:42 AM

I'd say invest in Monero if you actually believe it has a realistic chance at world wide major mass adoption with the public.

Isn't that what this is about ?

I would not invest because i thought XYZ coin would be popular with the crypto nerd scene traders.
They are idiots and i don't care what they think.
The majority as an object is a fucking moron !

It's crucial to look past the isolated little Crypto-walled garden bubble world we all live in.
I keep saying for years our opinions don't matter.
The rest of the world does !

So no i would not base investment decisions on whether crypto nerd pundits think an Altcoin will "one day" be big.

I couldn't care less what you all invest in or coins you buy.
I only ever hoped you would do it with some less risky and productive methodology.
Which goes beyond your own wallet but thinking of crypto in general.
For example investing in a worthless crap coin will devalue the scene in general and legit coins.
I urge users to support something sincerely because i think it is in THEIR best interest and all of ours.

AKA: Support the cause because *YOU* believe in it.

ROT13

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 12:56:41 PM

Anon focus. 
Solid and innovative tech. 
Not a bitcoin fork. 
No marketing hype campaigns, premine or ICO.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 08:39:28 PM

Innovative
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:05:18 AM

As others have said, it's truly anonymous, it's not a fork of Bitcoin, fully open source, didn't require a trusted setup, is fully decentralized, and it's truly fungible. Most coins are not fungible. This is important because if a coin is not fungible, such as Bitcoin (Andreas Antonopoulos, a former BTC Core Dev, has talked about this. There's a link to it in the Bitcoin Mixer section of https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php), then coins can be marked and/or blacklisted. If you have coins that a government deems to be used in illegal activities, even if you had nothing to do with the activities, they can put pressure on the exchanges not to accept your coins. This has already happened in some instances. Now those coins are worth less than others. They're not fungible. That can't happen with Monero.

Plus, all transactions are private by default. There is no rich list...it's not possible with Monero. You don't want people knowing how much money you have even if you have nothing to do with drugs. An example used by Gingeropolis is that if you pay your rent in BTC, it's possible that the landlord could determine how much money you make and/or have. They could charge you more as a result. Or if people knew how much money you have, it could make you a target for theft, extortion, etc. If they knew how little you have, that opens the door for other potential problems as well. Most people wouldn't post their paystub or credit card statement online, but that's what happens when you use a transparent blockchain. While this is good for businesses, it's terrible for people. It's not difficult to analyze the blockchain to get a good idea of your spending habits and/or salary if paid in BTC. There are steps you can take to mitigate these risks, but it's not a possible risk with Monero.

There was a price spike when a few of the darknet markets started accepting Monero. This did not make Monero the real deal. Rather, it was recognition that Monero is the real deal when it comes to privacy and fungibility.

For me, it comes down to this: I don't believe others should know how much or how little I have, or where I spend money. With all of the hyper surveillance in almost every aspect of our lives, I want privacy.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:16:38 PM

I have no problem with exchanges freezing BigVern's millions.
Or.. complying with Anti-Money Laundering laws.

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 01:32:22 PM

I am seeing that the marketcap of Monero is much higher and in the list of top 10 cryptocoins. Can I know what are the factors which are making its demand higher and what are the factors which is making it competitive with bitcoin, litecoin and etherum?

fake pump that stick/persistent

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: