Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DarkWallet dev Amir Taaki went to Syria to fight ISIS  (Read 1846 times)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:13:50 PM

1. amir was a contributor but nothing big. his fame was just timing of being in early
2. amir says he was on the 'frontline' but then retracts to say he was at a distance.
3. amir says he didnt go there to kill, he went there to use his skills elsewhere (EG set up comms/payments)
4. amir wont defend bitcoin, mentioning bitcoin is going to be twisted into bitcoin used by extremists. personally he should stick to promoting his dash/darkwallet as the extremists preferential payment method.

IF we see amir talk about bitcoin as the payment method for extremists and then mention dark/dash as a separate thing for normal people. dont think of it as a good promo

Bitcoin can be used both for legal transactions and also for transactions that should remain hidden for security purposes (example, buying weapons to fight the ISIS terrorists in Syria).

This only makes overall bitcoin more valuable. Its all about having options.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:35:14 PM

1. amir was a contributor but nothing big. his fame was just timing of being in early
2. amir says he was on the 'frontline' but then retracts to say he was at a distance.'never got closer than about a thousand feet from ISIS fighters'
3. amir says he didnt go there to kill, he went there to use his skills elsewhere (EG set up comms/payments)
4. amir wont defend bitcoin, mentioning bitcoin is going to be twisted into bitcoin used by extremists. personally he should stick to promoting his dash/darkwallet as the extremists preferential payment method.

IF we see amir talk about bitcoin as the payment method for extremists and then mention dark/dash as a separate thing for normal people. dont think of it as a good promo

Bitcoin can be used both for legal transactions and also for transactions that should remain hidden for security purposes (example, buying weapons to fight the ISIS terrorists in Syria).

i meant IF he tries to make bitcoin into the bad money and dark/dash into the money for anyone... emphasis promoting dark as the money for everyone. emphasis promoting bitcoin as the extremist only.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:00:51 PM

That is too funny. One of Bitcoins finest is a fucking terrorist. I was eating a small bag of peanuts while reading the story and laughed so hard I ended up shooting a peanut out of my nose. ROFL

chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:17:54 PM

Don't forget about this little gem:

Amir Taaki and the Segway in Austria

https://forum.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-discussion/amir-taaki-and-the-segway-in-austria-t7749.html

Later on in our tour, Amir was actually near our group, but he noticed a rather large girl on the sidewalk holding a sign that said "free hugs".
This was too much for Amir to resist, so instead of stepping off and powering it down safely, he just hopped off his Segway to give the girl a hug and left the Segway on, but with no one in control of it. Without anyone to guide it, Amir's Segway instantly started going off on its own. It proceeded to go full speed out into a busy intersection filled with cars, it came within inches of being hit by a moving trolley, and eventually crashed at full speed into a tree, tipped over, and started gyrating on the ground.

Along with the rest of us, the tour guide lady looked on in shock as all of this happened. She then safely dismounted her Segway, powered it down, and then ran over to Amir's gyrating and shaking Segway to power it down as well. With the way it was hopping and shaking around on its side, I'm sure it got scuffed up a bit as well. Amir watched all of this happen directly due to his own fault, and rather than coming and apologizing to the tour operator, like a normal person would, he literally ran away down the street on foot, never to be seen again for the rest of the event.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:21:28 PM

That is too funny. One of Bitcoins finest is a fucking terrorist. I was eating a small bag of peanuts while reading the story and laughed so hard I ended up shooting a peanut out of my nose. ROFL

before reading the next line. refrain from eating..

you forgetting the fraud of intersango?
how about becoming homeless by refusing to pay bills and saying he is doing so as a act of protest against corporations

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
anonymoustroll420 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:35:09 PM

Amir Taaki appeared on the Victory Derbyshire show to talk about rojava and fighting isis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08kkndp/victoria-derbyshire-30032017

You need a UK VPN/proxy to access it from outside the UK.

Starts at 1:38:00

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:40:09 PM

That doesn't make him a terrorist..I don't find it funny either.When brains are invested in war,something certainly isn't right in the World..

And same goes for ISIS,they can buy weapons with bitcoins to fight poor Syrians too.In the later case,bitcoin value doesn't do any good for the humanity...it may make your trading profitable ,on the cost of little souls lost in an attack.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:18:05 PM

He should stick with programming instead of working as a paw for powers he doesn't even know.

Syria's situation is complex even for experts, he may be fighting to create an evil as big and the ISIL itself, or even worse, if he doesn't have enough study and knowledge

He knows quite a lot about the area and pretty much any geopolitical analysis puts the Kurds as the good guy. I mean they literally held back ISIS!
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:19:13 PM

Now we know why Dark Wallet development has been halted.

Hope he gave hell to those bastards.

I doubt if he will continue with the development of DarkWallet whilst he is under investigation. In a police state like the UK, you are under close

scrutiny when you are associated with ISIS.... even if you are fighting against them.  Roll Eyes .... It does not matter what he did, he will always have

the Anarchist label branding him as a extremist in their eyes.  Shocked

Many UK fighters have returned from fighting ISIS. They get a few months of attention, then are allowed back to normal. They are the good guys after all.
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:20:46 PM

*Fighting* terrorists, you can be sure if he was a terrorist with ISIS he'd be in prison in the UK. Since he fought with the Kurds against ISIS he is golden. Just the usual pretend to watch him, the UK hardly care if someone kills some ISIS members.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:42:24 AM

Most people were surprised about this news , but I was not at all. Amir is a certain kind of brilliant and crazy. This is not that out of character imo.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 12:52:04 AM

2. amir says he was on the 'frontline' but then retracts to say he was at a distance.

Yes that is a very good point to make, i can't see him being a great spokes man for bitcoin anymore, the bitcoin is bad news trolls would have a field day with "bitcoin dev fights along side ISIS (i know him wasn't fighting with them but that is how the news will put it)

Dark/anonymous payments with wallets he has created will always be looked at closely by law enforcement now. Its just the world we live in now.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: