Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:53:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Who we are  (Read 42294 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 06:40:03 PM

Hi Oldminer,

Within three weeks.

Thanks,
Jered

thanks Jered,

looking forward to it in anticipation. It looks extremely professional. And if the front end works as half as good as it looks, I think you will have traders moving over in droves. Hopefully Bitcoin price will be in a bullish period when the new site goes live too Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ben-abuya

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 05:24:34 PM

AUD / ILS are now live.
We should have an announcement very soon on SEPA.
-Jered

Hey Jered,

Were you saying that ILS (Israeli Shekels) were live? This would be great news, but on your site I'm still getting that Shekels aren't supported yet.

http://lamassubtc.com/
Lamassu Bitcoin Ventures
Jered Kenna (TradeHill) (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

AUD / ILS are now live.
We should have an announcement very soon on SEPA.
-Jered

Hey Jered,

Were you saying that ILS (Israeli Shekels) were live? This would be great news, but on your site I'm still getting that Shekels aren't supported yet.

Hi Ben-Abuya,

We were about to launch ILS but our partner got cold feet. We are still in search of an excellent Israel partner so feel free to PM me or send an email to info@tradehill.com with 'Partner - Israel' in the title.

We can take it from there.

Thanks,
Adam - Tradehill

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
luciferxe

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 06:37:05 PM

Ok. Is there something wrong at tradehill? I have gotten no response from email, skype, PM.

I would just like to know what is going on please.
luciferxe

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 10:11:15 PM

It is now past 6pm EDT. I have no idea what I should do here. I needed the withdrawal asap. That is why I went for the same day. This has not beed 27 hours since I put the withdrawal through.

I ask.

What am I suppose to do?

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2011, 05:46:15 AM

It is now past 6pm EDT. I have no idea what I should do here. I needed the withdrawal asap. That is why I went for the same day. This has not beed 27 hours since I put the withdrawal through.

I ask.

What am I suppose to do?

I believe someone contacted your through PM or email but if not let me know and I'll look in to it right now. We switched to a new account (within the same bank) and it caused a delay on the wires. We've opened additional accounts so in the future if we transition we will have several backup accounts to send wires from and prevent a delay.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 09:32:00 AM

Is it normal that BTC withdrawals from Tradehill take 24 hours (and still no money in sight here)? My funds are "reserved" in account, I get no email response to my inquiries, status is "In Process" for 24 hours now...

I guess that is the last time I added funds to TH, but I would still like to know how long BTC withdrawals are supposed to be? And when do I see my money. It takes about 20 minutes from MtGox, 1 hour max. Do you first mine the coins before sending them out?

i am satoshi
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 03:04:09 PM

I requested a wire 2 days ago, and it still shows as "in process".  What is going on over there?  Another shady outfit? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 04:40:52 PM

I requested a wire 2 days ago, and it still shows as "in process".  What is going on over there?  Another shady outfit? 

You do know they have a contact email right?
Resolve it with them first.Then bitch on the forum.

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 05:04:24 PM

You do know they have a contact email right?
Resolve it with them first.Then bitch on the forum.

E-mail?  What is E-mail?

Thanks genius, I have sent several.  Only after no response have I "bitched" on the forum. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 06:04:38 PM

We sent 41 wires out (thats not at all common) and the bank locked the wires down as a precautionary measure. I've spoken with them on the phone. Everything is fine and it should be lifted in a few minutes. I've submitted additional paperwork and Bitcoin is a new concept to these guys so it takes some time. We have been opening other accounts to prevent something like this from happening in the future. The wires are in the queue and it's on the bank to get it out. If something changes I'll update but it should be on it's way.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:09:07 PM

Any response on my measly 100btc which are stuck in your system for 48 hours now? There have been enough blocks generated, I believe. Is there any other reason you are holding my btc?

i am satoshi
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:34:39 PM

Any response on my measly 100btc which are stuck in your system for 48 hours now? There have been enough blocks generated, I believe. Is there any other reason you are holding my btc?

+1

Disbursing BTC is not supposed to be terribly difficult.  Trivial vs. other forms of currency in fact.  That's one of the reasons why I like Bitcoin.

When the market is in flux it is especially nice to be able to move rapidly.  So getting things bogged down in process is a genuine harm to some people.

In my case, the delay is not hurting me other than the risk of Tradehill's solvency I am absorbing.  I would like it if Tradehill would offer to pay interest (or whatever you want to call it) on BTC which are not dispersed according to published policy.

For my part, I would weigh the risk against the reward and make a decision about what I wanted to do.  I highly value honesty and transparency.  The more confidence in Tradehill I could gain in this way, the less risk I would feel that I am carrying, and the lower the 'interest' I would accept to lend Tradhill my liquidity.

This seems eminently fair to me.  Thoughts?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 06:51:45 PM

+1

Disbursing BTC is not supposed to be terribly difficult.  Trivial vs. other forms of currency in fact.  That's one of the reasons why I like Bitcoin.

When the market is in flux it is especially nice to be able to move rapidly.  So getting things bogged down in process is a genuine harm to some people.

In my case, the delay is not hurting me other than the risk of Tradehill's solvency I am absorbing.  I would like it if Tradehill would offer to pay interest (or whatever you want to call it) on BTC which are not dispersed according to published policy.

For my part, I would weigh the risk against the reward and make a decision about what I wanted to do.  I highly value honesty and transparency.  The more confidence in Tradehill I could gain in this way, the less risk I would feel that I am carrying, and the lower the 'interest' I would accept to lend Tradhill my liquidity.

This seems eminently fair to me.  Thoughts?

+++1

Totally agree.  Transferring btc should be of no issue whatsoever. 

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:03:33 PM

FTR: my BTC were released.  Took twice as long as advertised, but I got 'em.

I don't feel to bad about being whiny here given that TH squealed like a stuck pig when Dwolla didn't live up to their stated procedures (and rightly so.)

I would still be interested in follow-up on my idea of lending my BTC to an exchange...hopefully with a little bit more control on my side than in my recent experience.  I see an issue with it in that everyone would always pull their BTC from the exchange simply to collect the 'interest' under the scheme I've described.

Seems like most commodities markets gain some benefit by virtue of the property that most players have no interest in taking control of the commodity and would not know what to do with 20 truckloads of pork bellies if they did take possession.  Bitcoin is different.  I fully expect that Tradehill, CampBX, Ruxum, etc have taken this into account in their business plans.  Hope so at least.

I am attracted to Bitcoin because I have enough control of my liquidity to direct it toward where it will do *me* the most good.  Or if I am in a good mood, some other entity of my choosing (e.g., the community at large or Wikilieaks or whatever.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 12:27:00 AM

FTR: my BTC were released.  Took twice as long as advertised, but I got 'em.

I don't feel to bad about being whiny here given that TH squealed like a stuck pig when Dwolla didn't live up to their stated procedures (and rightly so.)

I would still be interested in follow-up on my idea of lending my BTC to an exchange...hopefully with a little bit more control on my side than in my recent experience.  I see an issue with it in that everyone would always pull their BTC from the exchange simply to collect the 'interest' under the scheme I've described.

Seems like most commodities markets gain some benefit by virtue of the property that most players have no interest in taking control of the commodity and would not know what to do with 20 truckloads of pork bellies if they did take possession.  Bitcoin is different.  I fully expect that Tradehill, CampBX, Ruxum, etc have taken this into account in their business plans.  Hope so at least.

I am attracted to Bitcoin because I have enough control of my liquidity to direct it toward where it will do *me* the most good.  Or if I am in a good mood, some other entity of my choosing (e.g., the community at large or Wikilieaks or whatever.)

When we allow margin trading we should be able to provide interest on BTC deposits. We've brought in experts who have been doing risk management for major banks for years and are discussing our options at this point.

This isn't something we're going to launch immediately and requires a lot of research and may push some legal boundaries so we're going to give it time. It's in the works though.

As far as delays we're watching a lot carefully due to the Mybitcoin.com / bitomat coins that may be floating around. It still shouldn't have taken that long to get your BTC out regardless and I apologize for that. The process it's self is very trivial but at the same time very critical, if something goes wrong internally it could be compounded by quickly moving BTC out so we manually approve a lot of the BTC movement.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 06:01:49 AM

Thanks, as always, for your clear answer.  I am actually delighted that you guys are taking the time to be extra careful at this point.  A note to the effect that my transfer request was pending extra review would have been appreciated, but I'll survive the trauma Smiley

When we allow margin trading we should be able to provide interest on BTC deposits. We've brought in experts who have been doing risk management for major banks for years and are discussing our options at this point.

Jered

I hope you find actuarials who outside-the-box thinkers.  I sense that Bitcoin has some unusual operators (e.g., gianormous) and some of them with unusual propensities (e.g., altruism and weird shit like that) compared to a lot of other markets.  And that some of these factors could strain the commonly accepted formulas.  I could be wrong...I often am.

piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 08:35:39 AM

yes, my coins have moved as well. some communication would have been better.

i am satoshi
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 02:26:56 PM

We sent 41 wires out (thats not at all common) and the bank locked the wires down as a precautionary measure. I've spoken with them on the phone. Everything is fine and it should be lifted in a few minutes. I've submitted additional paperwork and Bitcoin is a new concept to these guys so it takes some time. We have been opening other accounts to prevent something like this from happening in the future. The wires are in the queue and it's on the bank to get it out. If something changes I'll update but it should be on it's way.

Jered

Jered, it has now been 3 days since I requested the wire, and it still shows as "in process".  I am losing a lot of faith in Tradehill at the moment.  Can you provide any clarity on thie at all?  My e-mails have gone un-answered. 

aquabit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 03:28:20 PM

I've been waiting 4 days. Made a request for wire withdrawal on monday morning, still showing "In Process".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: