Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [ICO] CryptoAlias- get your Blockchain Identity  (Read 1163 times)
CryptoAlias (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 07:19:50 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 12:01:18 AM by CryptoAlias

Hello to Cryptocurrency World!

We are the team behind the CryptoAlias project.
We have almost finished our project. We will launch more information about it and the ICO in the coming days but we need the community’s feedback first.
Our first goal is to eliminate the need of using blockchain addresses, similarly to how domain names eliminated the need of using IPs.
How does it work? You get a unique alias and associate your blockchain address with it. Instead of using your blockchain address, your clients can start using your simple and personalized alias. Alternatively, your clients can continue to use your blockchain address. However, when they input it in a wallet, your alias will appear and will give them the confidence of having introduced the right characters. You can test this in our demo page.
Please take a look at our project and tell us your questions or your feedback.
Your opinion will be highly appreciated!
With respect,
CryptoAlias team.
P.S. Whitepaper will be posted soon. The team members will be revealed soon. We are currently negotiating with some highly appreciated advisors from the community.

Join Bounty Campaign, you will be rewarded - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2206682

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:06:32 PM

Here is something I wonder why it's not done by other services, that rely on usernames as idenitification (i.e. twitter, facebook and so on):

To prevent fake accounts, have a system inplace, which automatically registers not only the chosen username, but all names which look similar. For example, make capital "I" and small "l" the same, as well as "0" and "O". Do not allow spaces or underscores, all that stuff.

Additionally, it would be good to have a killswitch in place, to freeze/disable accounts in case of a hack.
CryptoAlias (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:26:32 PM

Here is something I wonder why it's not done by other services, that rely on usernames as idenitification (i.e. twitter, facebook and so on):

To prevent fake accounts, have a system inplace, which automatically registers not only the chosen username, but all names which look similar. For example, make capital "I" and small "l" the same, as well as "0" and "O". Do not allow spaces or underscores, all that stuff.

Additionally, it would be good to have a killswitch in place, to freeze/disable accounts in case of a hack.

Thank you for your input.

Initially, we will only allow aliases comprised of numbers and letters. Security is our priority, as a result mechanisms to prevent malicious behavior (including usage of ambiguous characters) will be set up.

Using other services for identification comes with some challenges to be considered:
  • Since each alias is unique, what happens when 2 different users from 2 different services (i.e. Facebook and Twitter) try to register with the same username?
  • What happens if somebody's facebook username is already taken before they get the chance to claim it? How do we prevent users from acquiring other people's usernames from facebook/twitter?

Considering the above, we decided to keep things simple in the start and to not use other services for identification.
However, this option is still on the table for the future. We may introduce prefixes, like "fb:" and "tw:", and only users who authenticate through those services will be able to claim those aliases.
There can be no name conflicts in this scenario, since ":" is a special character and won't be used in existing aliases.

A killswitch will undoubtedly be a useful feature. We are considering a mechanism that will allow to disable an account in a decentralized manner (by community consensus).

Thank you again for your input, we appreciate it a lot!
Please feel free to comment on the above and give any additional suggestions/feedback.

elissa

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:31:14 PM

This might be the end of ICO hackings! DAO and CoinDash hacks might be history.  Shocked
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:29:41 PM

(…)

A killswitch will undoubtedly be a useful feature. We are considering a mechanism that will allow to disable an account in a decentralized manner (by community consensus).

(…)

I actually meant a different type of killswitch, not by the community, but by the user themselves. This is my thinking: If a hacker gets a hold of my account, they can do a lot of bad things, from pretending to be me to stealing my funds and so on. They'd likely change my password, denying me access.

Thus, I set a killswitch in place. This is  an unchangeable* passphrase I set up when creating my account. Should an attacker gain access to my account, I can disable it by signing a "HACKED/DISABLED" message with the killswitch private key. This kills the account completely**.

Obviously, hackers could disable accounts by using killswitch passphrases, but in the very most cases, this would be the lesser of two evils.

*unchangeable is obviously important to prevent the hacker from disabling the killswitch.

**since I have to suspect, that a once breached account is vulnerable in the future, this may be the best way to go. You could have a system in plece, in which a number of trusted users can, if they collude, reactivate an account. A system like this is in place or planned at steem, afaik.
MakersONE

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:40:44 PM

Hello crypto-elias. You have a very good idea, I hope you can properly implement the project. But for some reason it seems to me that I have already come across something similar. But I can not remember what kind of project it is.
And the guy from above says the right thing about the killswitch.
CryptoAlias (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 08:10:58 AM

This is a really good suggestion. Thank you for the feedback.

Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:09:52 AM

wait update upure thread, youre thread improve to good thread
not open bounty translation dev, i want reserve indonesian languange if you need
elissa

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:36:27 AM

Looks like a nice project. When will you release the the whitepaper?
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

this is a great start, I'm very excited to read your whitepaper, I'm waiting for the next thread from you, hopefully it works well, good luck for your project
elissa

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:57 PM

this is a great start, I'm very excited to read your whitepaper, I'm waiting for the next thread from you, hopefully it works well, good luck for your project

Me too. I have sent them a message and they told me that a beta version will be released within a week!
Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:05:34 AM

Hello! I want to find out the following information - kaoda start and end date for Iko, what is the cost of one token on Iko, what will happen to the unsold coins?
elissa

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

Hello! I want to find out the following information - kaoda start and end date for Iko, what is the cost of one token on Iko, what will happen to the unsold coins?

Hello!
I saw on the site http://cryptoalias.io/   that the unsold tokens will be burnt and that ICO starts on 15th of November and ends on 15th of December. But now the PRE-Sale is open where you get a double number of coins if you support the project.

1 ETH = 2000 ALS during the PRE-sale

The cost of the tokens after the ICO starts is:

TIME SINCE ICO START   EXCHANGE RATE
< 1 day   1 ETH = 1250 ALS
< 3 days   1 ETH = 1200 ALS
< 6 days   1 ETH = 1150 ALS
< 10 day   1 ETH = 1100 ALS
< 15 days   1 ETH = 1050 ALS
after 15 days   1 ETH = 1000 ALS
CryptoAlias (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:32:22 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 04:25:36 PM by CryptoAlias

ICO Start - to be announced
ICO End's - to be announced

Standard price: 1 ETH = 1000 ALS
Early contributors benefit from a discount, read more info: https://www.cryptoalias.io/#alstoken

Unsold tokens will be burned, smart-contract is open source, more info: https://github.com/CryptoAlias/ALS

levlewlev

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:25:59 PM

Very interesting project, I'm seriously planning to buy some tokens Wink
LoveStory

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:03:53 AM

ICO Start - to be announced
ICO End's - to be announced

Standard price: 1 ETH = 1000 ALS
Early contributors benefit from a discount, read more info: https://www.cryptoalias.io/#alstoken

Unsold tokens will be burned, smart-contract is open source, more info: https://github.com/CryptoAlias/ALS

Wow this info in wait for participants of this project, it is easy just to hope the results do not disappoint her later.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: