Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin gold electrum wallet.  (Read 13522 times)
sean2645 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:40:30 AM

I kept my btc at electrum. This morning i checked my wallet and there is no btg so i think electrum doesn't support btg Sad Does anyone has certain knowledge about this situation. Will we get btg or not?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:10:26 AM

Electrum doesn't support BTG. But! Here is what you have to do to get your BTG. Export your private keys from electrum, download official BTG wallet and import keys into it.
WARNING! If you import your keys into phishing wallet you will lose all your BTC!!!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:15:24 AM

I kept my btc at electrum. This morning i checked my wallet and there is no btg so i think electrum doesn't support btg Sad Does anyone has certain knowledge about this situation. Will we get btg or not?
I thinks! You need Export your private keys from electrum to other wallet have support BTG coin!
Often a software can not do that right away, So it takes time to upgrade.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:27:04 AM

I thinks! You need Export your private keys from electrum to other wallet have support BTG coin!
Often a software can not do that right away, So it takes time to upgrade.
Because the unavailability of BTG wallet or do not have your own wallet often we find something like this
And no information / how to redeem makes coin owners confused
I think BTG is only for those who have BITCOIN but many people have it
elissa

Activity: 233

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:23:02 AM

Electrum doesn't support BTG. But! Here is what you have to do to get your BTG. Export your private keys from electrum, download official BTG wallet and import keys into it.
WARNING! If you import your keys into phishing wallet you will lose all your BTC!!!
What if I withdraw my btc from the electrum wallet now? I will be able to claim the btg later when they will release the wallet?
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:29:13 AM

I was very lucky to find out that yolodice owner will give us our BTG when the fork happens.  Im glad I do not have to deal with it.  Looks like it might be a pain or a confusing to others.  Though you should have a private key in your wallet and be able to do it yourself, can anyone post instructions, for others to see?
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:34:40 AM

What if I withdraw my btc from the electrum wallet now? I will be able to claim the btg later when they will release the wallet?
The best is even to withdraw your funds from your wallet before you tamper with your private key on any of the BTG official wallet stated on their site. Relax for a while and see how things are going, then move your funds to another wallet, since you held your coin before the fork, don't worry you will have access to your BTG. Once you do are sure your BTC is safe, then you can go on and import those keys in another wallet. This is just to be on the safe side. You can check their website http://btcgpu.org for the list of the wallets.
MIRU

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

I asked the same, might have a solution so far.

I have exodus wallet which is not supporting BTG.

I think this is the safest way to do it:
1. Send Bitcoin to another wallet (I will send them to Coinbase from Exodus)
2. Then you export your private keys from your wallet you had Bitcoins in. (that means to me that I have to export my private keys from Exodus)
3. After 1st of November, you have to find a TRUSTED wallet which supports Bitcoin gold. I do not know which wallet that is. When you find a wallet which support Bitcoin gold, you need to open that wallet with your private key. I have no clue how you do that. But I am trying to learn.

Anyone else agree?

I started another thread here about the same topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2311508.new#new
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 02:30:38 PM

You must wait for the BTG wallet to come out first. The BTG website is under DDOS attack right now. It was just attacked a few minutes before I types this...

kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:10:38 PM

You must wait for the BTG wallet to come out first. The BTG website is under DDOS attack right now. It was just attacked a few minutes before I types this...
where can i download the wallet ??

Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:23:03 PM

Lol. Obviously, electrum does not support bitcoin gold.
If you really want to get your Bitcoin gold, then you have to transfer your btc somewhere secure(won't suggest any because i don't wanna be liable if you happen to lose your bitcoins due to carelessness), then export your private keys from the wallet you have before you transfered your bitcoins, then, get yourself a a TRUSTABLE wallet that happens to support bitcoingold,(still won't suggest anything), then import your private keys there.

Do this at your own risk.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:47:45 PM

People says the best way is keeping BTC in your wallet that you have private keys, but i think that if i had my BTC on Bitfinex was better, i would be able to trade BTG right now and who kept in private wallet can't do it.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:55:59 PM

BTG doesn't even have replay protection done yet. Be very careful not to lose your BTC just for BTG, just not worth it. BTG probably won't be like BCH as well in term of market movement since there are more awareness this time round (especially when people are branding BTG as a scam too).

bitcoinfuck

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:28:40 PM

create a new electrum wallet, send your funds to it.

and then download btg wallet and do the process and be careful that you download real wallets

[/url]
betong

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 10:57:28 PM

I have found a trusted bitcoin gold wallet and i would like to share with you guys.

The website is: https://www.btcgwallet.org

And i also made a instruction how to gain bitcoin gold if you have your coins in the Electrum wallets. Other wallets or exchanges i do not know, so please do not ask.

1) Make sure to send ALL YOUR BITCOINS to the Electrum wallet: https://electrum.org/

2) After you got ALL your bitcoins in Electrum export the private keys (csv format should be OK)

DO NOT SWEEP THEM!

3) Download the Windows BTCG Wallet at: https://www.btcgwallet.org

4) Import your Electrum default_wallet or whatever Electrum wallet filename you have into BTCG Wallet

5) Fill in your SEED that you have from Electrum wallet (or skip this just leave it as it is)

6) Enter your wallet password if your wallet is encrypted

7) Now import your saved private keys that you have exported from the Electrum wallet

Cool TADA! You have your Bitcoin Gold!

THANK ME LATER!!!

Instruction how to know if a wallet is fake or not or phising:

- Check the URL if you don't see a SSL certificate you know the website is fishy.
- Test a website if its working with HTTP and HTTPS (www and non www)
- Make sure you have your firewall on and check the traffic (you can also hit netstat to check)
- Test things in a virtual environment before you launch something
- Check if the file is not a virus or malware with your antivirus/anti malware
- If you dont trust something do not download it or use it

Thats it folks. Hope you like my tutorial and i wish you all the best with your bitcoin gold!

sounds fishy. after you do this steps, TADA! You lost your bitcoins

ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:07:03 PM

Number 1. The bitcoin gold wallet hasn't been released and don't listen to anything that blackworms2001 says. He is trying to scam you into filling in your electrum seed and maybe even more like installing a key logger on your computer.

I REPEAT. DON'T USE ANY WALLETS AVAILABLE NOW ON THE INTERNET OR YOUR BITCOINS WILL DISAPPEAR IN A MATTER OF MINUTES.

Second thing:
If you had your coins in electrum before block  491407  you're part of the snapshot and will receive bitcoin gold once the official wallet is out. You'd use your bitcoin private keys to get your airdropped BTG.

Don't trust or use anything until it's officially released on their website or their twitter.
bakgwei

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:34:30 AM

As of right now, there are no trustworthy wallets that support BTG. So just relax a bit folks and wait for the forst wallets to support it, probably after the official launch after November 1. I know the BTG price is in free fall right now, but its not worth loosing your BTC over it by some hasty actions to get and sell your BTG.
hoangsang2403

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:23:15 AM

Now, I transfer the bitcoin on the electrum to another wallet to use for sale before I wait on November 1st. I fear moving the bitcoin out of the electrum purse at the moment makes me not get bitcoin gold
At this time, I should use bitcoin or wait until November 1 Cry
KoningKaas

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:42:10 PM

Now, I transfer the bitcoin on the electrum to another wallet to use for sale before I wait on November 1st. I fear moving the bitcoin out of the electrum purse at the moment makes me not get bitcoin gold
At this time, I should use bitcoin or wait until November 1 Cry

I would like to know this too, is it safe to spend the BTC from electrum right now?
I should be part of the snapshot, so i think yes but i want to be certain.
SHIFTCASH

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:47:52 PM

electrum doesn't support BTG at the moment.
You can claim your BTG by securely exporting your private keys to any BTG wallet.NB:becareful of phising sites.its very recommend you empty your wallet before tranfering your private keys.

fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:51:37 PM

Excellent information. Thankyou everyone - was just about to post the same question.
Ichitaka

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:51:57 PM

What will happen I I decide to buy altcoin with my BTC now?Will I still get the BTG before the fork?
atecubanoS

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:01:39 PM

YES... Just read this thread from the beginning... 
aliman00

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:05:58 PM

from the looks of it by the time we get our btg it will be worthless .... I guess many other people including me will dump it as soon as i get my hands on it Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
qinotorez

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:07:54 PM

I think its impossible that when arbitrage becomes possible, that there are no group of whales pumping btg somewhere, we can even make a mutual fund to ask the Seoul whales to pump it...
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:17:06 PM

It is always a mess to get this fork coins, because the forkers don't usually even care to make the process easy for users. Bitcoin Cash was another mess in this sense.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

Electrum is a stand alone decentralized wallet and that makes you have control of your fund. Like most people have said, all you just need is your private key. However, you should know that private keys are not to be toyed with and you should be careful.

If you are not sure what to do, look for resources online that can guide you on how to effectively get your BTG from your electrum wallet, you will definitely find one later on.
Cryptocenter.ir

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:56:45 PM

it is btcoin gold wallet ?
https://btcgpu.me/??!!!!!!!!!
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:10:12 AM

If it was there that quick in your hands, then you would be holding something that is way too controlled by someone else, otherwise, the wallet is useless? So, there is no way either way that it would work out for you. Either you are being scammed now or later. So, really, the only way that it works out is if you hit the scams just right.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:24:12 AM

it is btcoin gold wallet ?
https :// btcgpu[dot]me/

no it is not, that website is a scam. the project code is not yet finished which means even if you wanted you couldn't have made a wallet and release it! there is no blockchain for bitcoin gold either!

if you download the binary that website offers, it will most probably steal your private keys and both your bitcoin and bitcoin gold from you and before you know it, all your funds will be gone.

always use the official websites to check and see if they mention any wallet:
https://btcgpu.org/

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
CristiTCM

Activity: 141
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:52:51 AM

Here you go for Electrum Gold BTG Wallet: https://www.electrum-gold.org
official btg wallet is not out yet. Stop posting fake sites
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

Till now,no wallets have officially announced their support for bitcoin gold.Once offiicial wallet is released,you would have to enter your bitcoin wallet's private key in it to claim free BTG.But entering your private keys is a risky task and you may even lose all of your bitcoins.

So,better check that the wallet you are going to use for claiming free BTG is legit or not.If not,then you would have to lose bitcoins just as a guy lost his 45 BTC while trying to claim free BCC by wrongly downloading wallet from a fake website Electroncash.com.
Puff Pastry Hangman

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:03:03 PM

BTG has no replay protection either. I would treat your first interaction with BTG as risky, when you import your BTC wallet you're taking a risk with the software you're using, when you make a transaction you're taking a risk that it could be "replayed" on the other blockchain.

The advice I have seen, that I would trust, is to move all your BTC to a new wallet before you touch BTG - that way if something goes wrong the more valuable BTC are already elsewhere in a wallet that will never have anything to do with BTG.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:21:14 PM

BTG has no replay protection either. I would treat your first interaction with BTG as risky, when you import your BTC wallet you're taking a risk with the software you're using, when you make a transaction you're taking a risk that it could be "replayed" on the other blockchain.

The advice I have seen, that I would trust, is to move all your BTC to a new wallet before you touch BTG - that way if something goes wrong the more valuable BTC are already elsewhere in a wallet that will never have anything to do with BTG.

a good suggestion but remember that BTG is not released yet so it  doesn't matter if it has or doesn't have a replay protection! for now only those who kept their coins on exchanges have received their tokens and dumped them at a good price. the rest have to wait until it is actually released.

and they are working on a replay protection like bitcoin cash which works fine so by the time it is released it will have that.

--looking for signature--
nevermindthebotox

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

just FYI:

btg official twitter:

NOT official websites & SCAMS
Oct 30, 2017 | Announcements
Hello everyone.
The following table lists several potential scams that are targeting Bitcoin Gold users, some falsely claiming to be official BTG services.

https://bitcoingold.org/not-official-websites/

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:56:29 PM

where can i download the wallet ??

On their website.

It started off worth 0.07 which is not bad then people dumped it to 0.02 and last I saw it was as 0.03btc.

johningreece

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:43:50 AM

Does electrum support BTG now?
ebucha

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:27 PM

You can use the Electrum Gold wallet for bitcoin gold https://www.electrum-gold.org

This is a SCAM wallet as indicated here: https://bitcoingold.org/not-official-websites/
bitcoinfuck

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:06:36 AM

give me link for BTG wallet, cause i tired importing it didn't worked

[/url]
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 02:46:43 AM

Electrum will probably not support Bitcoin Gold. And there are no trusted wallets at the moment that can actually import your private keys which can work in all platforms (for example, I do have a Mac). Therefore you should wait.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:59:24 AM

I advice to try importing your wallet and private key to other wallet and i recommend myethwallet because i think MEW has the most wide range of token compatibility

alexeyneu

Activity: 312
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

coinomi over bluestacks. Far better then fucked full node
Egoitss

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 10:01:26 PM

Thanks for advising to download android simulator for coinomi.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Searching for somone who can sell BTC for PAYPAL dayly paying 5% extra. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: