Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:46:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255 reputation  (Read 1415 times)
Vezunchik (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 10:13:47 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2013, 10:25:56 AM by Vezunchik

Please note that Garr255 gave me full refund for this auction.
I think that the main part of scammer definition is stolen money or broken obligations.
From this point of view Garr255 definitely not a scammer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:36:55 PM

But from other points of view he still did act in bad faith, lie, cheat, and steal, correct?

Also, these are only the things that he was caught doing, who knows what other ways he manipulated his to go his way.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:53:15 PM

But from other points of view he still did act in bad faith, lie, cheat, and steal, correct?

Also, these are only the things that he was caught doing, who knows what other ways he manipulated his to go his way.

The only thing of all of those that I did was "cheat and act in bad faith". I acted in the best faith of my shareholders, but not the bidders. I did not tell a mistruth during the whole incident, and I did not steal anything. Please just ask the two people involved!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:24:28 PM

The only thing of all of those that I did was "cheat and act in bad faith". I acted in the best faith of my shareholders, but not the bidders. I did not tell a mistruth during the whole incident, and I did not steal anything. Please just ask the two people involved!

You lied when you socked at all, and when you denied that you had.

You stole when you accepted the inflated auction prices. Wasn't stealing the goal of the cheating?

I really don't want to act like this is something that has affected me more than indirectly, but please do not try to defend things that cannot be defended. I know your mistakes were sometimes accompanied by good intentions, but that doesn't make them defendable.

Simply move on from here and continue with your good intentions to right anyone you have may have wronged, and accept the past for what it is. The future can still be bright.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

You stole when you accepted the inflated auction prices. Wasn't stealing the goal of the cheating?

I really don't want to act like this is something that has affected me more than indirectly, but please do not try to defend things that cannot be defended. I know your mistakes were sometimes accompanied by good intentions, but that doesn't make them defendable.

Simply move on from here and continue with your good intentions to right anyone you have may have wronged, and accept the past for what it is. The future can still be bright.

Interesting, conflicting rep between the main admin and someone with a good trust rating...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:14:19 PM

I think there are bigger fish to fry than Garr255 trying to optimize his profits.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

I mostly agree with TaT, it's a scummy thing to do, especially how his first confession stated he was doing it because of Inaba's ultimatum. I also have to wonder if he only owned up because he was going to be outed anyway/already had been. I don't consider it theft though, fraud would probably be more accurate. He repaid it at least, so he's got that going for him.

Scammer tag? No, this what the feedback system is for, and it's working. Scumbags tend to fuck up, there are consequences sometimes.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:56:22 PM

Whoa there - you should have just let your shame get buried with new scam accusations.  You lied repeatedly during the initial stages of the investigation - at least three times by my records.  Do we really need to revisit this?  You cheated legitimate auction bidders by inflating the price of your auction, you lied about it when you were caught, and you finally capitulated only when there was no other way out.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 12:42:35 AM

Whoa there - you should have just let your shame get buried with new scam accusations.  You lied repeatedly during the initial stages of the investigation - at least three times by my records.  Do we really need to revisit this?  You cheated legitimate auction bidders by inflating the price of your auction, you lied about it when you were caught, and you finally capitulated only when there was no other way out.
Holy fuck, is Garr still going like he hasn't lied??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: