Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:49:08 PM

I'm still here but I've got nothing to add since even I don't have hardware.

Join the club.

With no hardware nor communication from HF this thread is turning into an echo chamber filled with disgruntled customers (me included)

Would be great to get an update from the few folks with engineering samples (LukeJr & IceDrill) as to how the hardware performs.

As mentioned before, HF appears to be playing the silent game for now. (likely until the refund deadline has expired)

--------->   http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/16qwSTqZq2Uv8WeNvCGhetVDkdU1a8QfC5

Just me, or does that thing look pretty unstable?

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fenwick

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:37:31 PM

I have found a lawyer who is willing to take our case, and help us get our BTC back, if we can cooperate.)

The name is Ray E. Gallo.

Anybody up for a conference call with Ray, at 3 p.m. today, PT ?
I'll post details later.

If you want the details, PM me your email address, where I can notify you.
(I can't notify you in PMs, because I can only send one PM in every 6 minutes, and only 5 PMs per hour.)

Also, for those who can't make it to today's call,
there will possibly be another conference call 16 hours later: 7 a.m. tomorrow, PT.
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:49:49 PM

On the other hand I send tons of emails to John, Erin, Peter and directly to their general sales to confirm the shipping change I told them to do.

They said to me back in December that they need to confirm the shipping adress in 24 hours because they need to give this info to to their shipping company. I told them to confirm if they finally were able to do the change just to know where my BJ will go someday or if I wanted to sell it.

All that Erin did when reading the message was copy and paste it into a new email to the HF sales adding some lines to provide the users to spread any answer they post. Really nice customer support  Undecided

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 09:59:26 PM

Would be great to get an update from the few folks with engineering samples (LukeJr & IceDrill) as to how the hardware performs.
I helped icedrill get his up and running and fixed a few obvious cgminer bugs that only showed up with real hardware especially when it misbehaved (the changes went into git master). He had a 3 module unit. One module was completely dead and had to be disconnected or it wouldn't fire up. One module would overheat and trip the code that disables it almost immediately unless it was run at 20% speed. The final module ran stable at ~420GH. There's only so much debugging I can do remotely on the code without the hardware myself, but there are still bugs in the code preventing it running stable for more than a few hours at a time, but that does appear to be software related. The one working module appears to work quite well at that speed. I know there were a couple of board revisions and I suspect there may have been one more (revision) in the works but not really sure which boards went to icedrill.

I doubt very much these early engineering samples hand assembled are a sign of what the final product will be like, but perhaps that last module is a better indicator. I don't know anything about his power consumption.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

Thanks CK for the info

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:13:34 PM

I helped icedrill get his up and running and fixed a few obvious cgminer bugs that only showed up with real hardware especially when it misbehaved (the changes went into git master). He had a 3 module unit. One module was completely dead and had to be disconnected or it wouldn't fire up. One module would overheat and trip the code that disables it almost immediately unless it was run at 20% speed. The final module ran stable at ~420GH. There's only so much debugging I can do remotely on the code without the hardware myself, but there are still bugs in the code preventing it running stable for more than a few hours at a time, but that does appear to be software related. The one working module appears to work quite well at that speed. I know there were a couple of board revisions and I suspect there may have been one more (revision) in the works but not really sure which boards went to icedrill.

I doubt very much these early engineering samples hand assembled are a sign of what the final product will be like, but perhaps that last module is a better indicator. I don't know anything about his power consumption.

Hey looking through the code, the standard clock rate is 550MHz correct? Did you get to play to overclock them at all?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:14:21 PM

Do you know anything about operating temperatures?
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:43:46 PM

Thank you for all this clarifications ckolivas  Wink
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:51:55 PM

Luke?
Would you care to comment to the community on your unit.   You did inform us that HF was "shipping" and you would be receiving one, so I kind of expected you to update the investors that made these machines possible on what is going on with the product they are waiting for.
thanks.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

He had a 3 module unit. One module was completely dead and had to be disconnected or it wouldn't fire up. One module would overheat and trip the code that disables it almost immediately unless it was run at 20% speed. The final module ran stable at ~420GH.

This is worse than I thought. Now we know yet another reason for them not to ship - they certainly don't have a working product. Keep in mind that this unit was one of the last ones assembled just before the New years eve, so this was not the previous "experimental" product. This also explains why they've sent LukeJr unit to him in a hurry, in an insane hope there's something code realtead bfgminer can do which cgminer can't.
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:55:20 PM

What was the purpose in sending one to icedrill instead of conman? Seems if they are just prototypes with issues that developers would get them to perfect. Kinda useless to icedrill and the project even though icedrill may be a huge purchaser.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:01:59 PM

Why was luke jr the only developer sent one?
I thought they were working with con and kano too, the whole community so to speak?   I actually did not know they were working with Luke since they stated Con's name several times and he actually posted here.
Since I know you are reading this thread HF, can you tells us if AMY did not boot these two machines up before the photo shoot of the boxing?

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:19:48 PM

What was the purpose in sending one to icedrill instead of conman? Seems if they are just prototypes with issues that developers would get them to perfect. Kinda useless to icedrill and the project even though icedrill may be a huge purchaser.

most likely a legal thing. icedrill as a big customer could very well be a dangerous opponent when it comes to legal actions. its much harder to form such a unit out of single customers.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:28:03 PM

I thought they were working with con and kano too, the whole community so to speak?   I actually did not know they were working with Luke since they stated Con's name several times and he actually posted here.
I was and am being paid to write a driver for them. Why I didn't get one, and still don't have one? Circumhappenstance, and being in a different country. Why others got some before me? Um... NFI

-ck
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:31:25 PM

I thought they were working with con and kano too, the whole community so to speak?   I actually did not know they were working with Luke since they stated Con's name several times and he actually posted here.
I was and am being paid to write a driver for them. Why I didn't get one, and still don't have one? Circumhappenstance, and being in a different country. Why others got some before me? Um... NFI

And you did get paid for your work? Or you're waiting for your payments ?
It might happen that, you're going to the be the only person seeing money from HF :0

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:35:11 PM

I was and am being paid to write a driver for them.

It might happen that, you're going to the be the only person seeing money from HF :0

I have already been paid at regular intervals, though part of my deal was to receive hardware as a significant proportion of my payment so I'm not particularly happy about this situation either as you might imagine.

-ck
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:38:22 PM

Hey looking through the code, the standard clock rate is 550MHz correct? Did you get to play to overclock them at all?
Correct. They ran at 79 degrees at (the default) 550MHz but I did not try higher speeds. I do not know if the cooling (which is water based) adjusts itself dynamically in any way for a target temperature or if that's as good as it gets so I cannot surmise how much scope there is for higher speeds with default cooling.

-ck
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:40:01 PM

Searching "hashfast" now takes me to KnC  Roll Eyes  Tongue

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:40:56 PM

I was and am being paid to write a driver for them.

I have already been paid at regular intervals, though part of my deal was to receive hardware as a significant proportion of my payment so I'm not particularly happy about this situation either as you might imagine.
ckolivas

As always, your honesty is refreshing. I hope you finish getting paid.

(P.S. Did Kano ever buy you that "low resistance" golden keyboard for your programming?)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:41:03 PM

Probably retargeting, but still interesting. Think at when hashfast.org will be in the first page Smiley

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: