Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119547 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

It's not crystal clear to me. Please explain why my stupid LaTex experiment is wrong: https://i.imgur.com/1raDRJK.png
You refund in USD, you wait for the lawsuits to come, you pay for the lawyer, than, maybe, you refund in BTC.

right. i'm ready to get a lawyer. help from the community is very appreciated.
Will you ask for a refund if they fail to ship by the end of the year? For all of your units or only half of it?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:35:40 PM

It's not crystal clear to me. Please explain why my stupid LaTex experiment is wrong: https://i.imgur.com/1raDRJK.png
You refund in USD, you wait for the lawsuits to come, you pay for the lawyer, than, maybe, you refund in BTC.

Where were you or what were you doing when cedivad created a separate topic for a lawsuit against HF?

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:36:04 PM

Will you ask for a refund if they fail to ship by the end of the year? For all of your units or only half of it?
have only one unit. nearly roi is not possible anymore with this huge delay so decide for your own.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:38:41 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 04:54:58 PM by Gyrsur

Where were you or what were you doing when cedivad created a separate topic for a lawsuit against HF?
i'm with the community. the community has to decide what should happen next. it may turn into the end of HF as a company.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:04:46 PM

There is not a lot to decide, there is just to act. It's hard to realise but it's only legally that we will have back (a part of) what HF stole from us.
People with 1 order should probably aggregate with other people with one order and toghether join someone doing a class action, regardless of how that is forbidden from the terms of sales (that i keep calling tos even if it now is terms and conditions of sales).

My thread didn't have any success at all, all you guys were still blinded by HF. It's however not the case anymore, and a lot of good things are happening on our side.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:25:57 PM

They’ve started assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have the first round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets.

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the cooling unit and radiator. Added an additional chassis fan on the back of the box. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.
So, the bulk of this update is something that they could have done back in October.

Exactly what I was thinking. I suspect the "eagerness" of Caria is a euphemism for the fact Hashfast booked production lines at Ciara. And since HF arent ready yet, they just had Ciara do some silly things like unboxing and reboxing cases without PCBs. Not exactly the most efficient way to go about it.

Which also points to the fact that HF 100% absolutely knew they were not shipping until Dec.   They are using booked production time because it is use it or lose it.  They didn't use any booked production time in Oct or Nov.  Why?  Because there WAS NO BOOKED PRODUCTION TIME.  They knew they wouldn't even have raw chips when they promised delivery so who would be stupid enough to book production time.  Sure this busy work saves some time but not that much.  They didn't suddenly decide on Monday the 16th to start working on a whim.   They are working because the client (HF) is paying regardless of if they work or not.

HashFast always knew they were shipping Batch one late late late Dec and that wasn't a worst case scenario, it was the probable scenario.  Oct & Nov was simply a lie to charge more.  There are no Batch 1 customers, everyone is Batch 2 some just paid double for nothing.  Now HashFast has run into some real delays (not the "fake" delays which brought the false Oct expectations to the always internally known real Dec timeline) and that might end up causing them to miss even their real deadline.

Will you team with cedivad to sue them? Or maybe alone?

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:34:12 PM

There is not just me. There are several "reputable" (a word that has a strange meaning in the bitcoin world) customers that are eagerly awaiting to release their lawyer. D&T has plenty to choose from.
However i would be really happy if he decideds to coordinate it, he would have my money and full trust.

aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:51:21 PM

There is not just me. There are several "reputable" (a word that has a strange meaning in the bitcoin world) customers that are eagerly awaiting to release their lawyer. D&T has plenty to choose from.
However i would be really happy if he decideds to coordinate it, he would have my money and full trust.

+1

ditto!  D&T has my vote.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:56:01 PM

HashFast always knew they were shipping Batch one late late late Dec and that wasn't a worst case scenario, it was the probable scenario.  Oct & Nov was simply a lie to charge more. 

Im not sure I agree. While I also highly doubt they ever expected to ship in October, I also cant believe the plan had always been to ship end of december. That would leave them no margin at all, just one minor slip somewhere in their "secret" schedule and they would risk having to refund their customers. More so since apparently their guarantee is not the shipping date, but when customers receive their units; considering all the possible delays caused by customs and parcel services, particularly in late december, thats a huge risk. One Im fairly sure they will lose for a lot of customers as it is. If that was the plan, it wasnt a good one.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:56:52 PM

HashFast always knew they were shipping Batch one late late late Dec and that wasn't a worst case scenario, it was the probable scenario.  Oct & Nov was simply a lie to charge more. 

Im not sure I agree. While I also highly doubt they ever expected to ship in October, I also cant believe the plan had always been to ship end of december. That would leave them no margin at all, just one minor slip somewhere in their "secret" schedule and they would risk having to refund their customers. More so since apparently their guarantee is not the shipping date, but when customers receive their units; considering all the possible delays caused by customs and parcel services, particularly in late december, thats a huge risk. One Im fairly sure they will lose for a lot of customers as it is. If that was the plan, it wasnt a good one.

Mid-Late December could have been the plan for the November batch though.

It's all speculation and guesswork of course, unless someone actually sues them and it doesn't get punted to arbitration. If you can actually get to that point discovery should be very interesting. I'd love to know if Eduardo deCastro receiving the wafers on Nov 12th was the date he was always expecting to receive the wafers.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:58:44 PM

The forced arbitration point in their Terms of Sales is useless and void. Yes, you can have my word that someone will sue them. (And someone else after that)^n

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:11:23 PM

What about the no class actions clause?
I will ask with the next round of emails and report back.
However, as someone pointed out, if one of us wins, you just have to repeat the procedure with every HashFast customers, and we all win, by pointing to the previous case. It's not technically a class action, but the final result is the same.

(and i'm quite sure that putting such points in the contract terms of sales will not help hashfast at all).

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

So between HashFast and Cointerra, whos actually gonna ship first?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

Probably HF. However it doesn't really mean anything, i think that all of us HF customers would have rather have CT Jan orders.

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 01:50:45 AM

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

If anyone can get our hardware through the holiday rush and your local customs office quickly, it's CIARA.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:36:42 AM

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

If anyone can get our hardware through the holiday rush and your local customs office quickly, it's CIARA.

John S. (aka Jody D.) I called it BS.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:48:23 AM

They are going to ship something in time to be received before the end of the year. 
There may not be any software to control it, but you can bet that we will have something by Dec. 31.

I still don't know why we haven't seen any final numbers on performance (GH/s, J/GH).

If they are going out in 4 days, one would hope they would have these numbers by now (and a video).

I guess we will all find out Monday/Tuesday.
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:19:51 AM

John S. (aka Jody D.) I called it BS.

Yes, knowing their current track record they can ship worthless BS w/o software or even an enclosure containing sand by end of year and then ship the rest just to claim they sent some shit.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 05:36:26 AM

There may not be any software to control it, but you can bet that we will have something by Dec. 31.

I still don't know why we haven't seen any final numbers on performance (GH/s, J/GH).

The final numbers on performance are excellent.  Way over 500GH/sec...

The software to control the Baby Jets is nothing more than cgminer running on Raspbian Linux:

The Baby Jet ships with a built in Raspberry Pi model B. This acts as the controller for the one or two GN chips in the Baby Jet. The controller talks to the chips over its internal serial port. The Raspberry Pi will ship with an SD Card pre-loaded with the standard Debian/Linux derivative Raspbian OS, complete with CGMiner pre-installed. You can SSH into it to configure it, and install whatever other software you need. The Raspberry Pi’s Ethernet port and 2 USB ports are available on the back panel of the Baby Jet for you to connect to.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:39:33 AM

just to re-affirm what you've heard here.. I've been contacted by hashfast regarding my two orders...  and asked to confirm the addresses for delivery as they're intending to send them out next week and yesterday was the deadline to have the addresses corrected.

I'm optimistic at this point that i will get my orders by year end, and hopefully a bit before.  They look like they might just make it.   And i also heard the hardware might over clock nicely...!  fingers crossed.

-- Jez
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: