Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:54:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonco.in - Watch/Play StarCraft for BTC! E-Sports/Sports Betting with Escrow  (Read 3454 times)
MrMoon (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:35:10 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2011, 02:15:19 AM by MrMoon

Hello,

Moonco.in now offers e-sports betting service with escrow along with our online btc/nmc poker.

There are two types of games:

Game of Foresight - Predict outcomes of professional games for BTC/NMC
 If you watch GSL or other professional level gaming leagues or tournaments come join us and bet on who is going to win. Our system supports multi-user betting, where odds are generated automatically by the amount of money put on each side.

Game of Skill - Play games for BTC/NMC
In this style of play you can set up challenges and have them accepted by other users. After the game is played you report the results - If you both agree the money is awarded to the winner. If there is a conflict a replay or other verification can be used to assure that the coins go to the actual winner.

If you have any recommendations, or comments please share them.

moonco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:51:40 AM

Can't wait to win btc playing sc2.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:55:55 AM

I want to giveaway 0.25 NMC to the first 50 users to sign up and email the address on the site the namecoin deposit address to encourage play.

If anyone is interested simply sign up, go to > my account > namecoin deposit and email the address on the contact page the address.

I will process rewards as fast as I can.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2011, 10:06:14 PM

MLG is happening soon, SC2 bets are already up and other games could be too.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2011, 10:19:21 PM

Another bet has been paid out.

Come join bet with us on the upcoming MLG event!

moonco.in
upisdown

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:24:02 AM

I made money off starcraft. Win!

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2011, 04:32:03 AM

BTC/NMC exchange has been added to make it easier to bet on anything on our site.

moonco.in
riceberry

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:16:53 AM

im ready to stomp your cannon cheese
riceberry

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 05:22:35 AM

how do you organize times to play matches ? is there a way to arrange matches based on skill level ?

It's probably not very fair if you match up someone in gold vs diamond for instance..

can you explain how those non-pro match up bets work ?

I'm interested in playing some games
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2011, 09:27:12 PM

how do you organize times to play matches ? is there a way to arrange matches based on skill level ?

It's probably not very fair if you match up someone in gold vs diamond for instance..

can you explain how those non-pro match up bets work ?

I'm interested in playing some games

I apologize for not responding to you sooner.

So the way game of skill bets work currently is that you post a bet and you can set a category, such as starcraft or counterstrike and winning conditions, such as a 3 out of 3 or 3 out of 5. There is also a title to give an idea of skill level and a description, to give information about your prospective day and time you would like to play. You can and should use the description and the title to specify your skill level and what you would like to play, such as, Plat/Gold 1v1. Once your bet is posted your funds are put into escrow, you may delete your bet up until the time the challenge is accepted and your funds will be returned.

The bet is posted and sits in the index so that other players can view the prospective bets and if they agree to the terms, they can accept the challenge. Once they accept the challenge their funds are put into escrow. There is a private comment system on the bet page of game of skill bets that can be used to arrange matches and work out details. If you cannot determine a time both players may agree to a draw to have both of their funds returned.

Once a match is scheduled and played out the participants must return to the site to input the results of the match. Once one user inputs the results of the match a timer is started, and the other player has 7 days to report the results of the match. When both players report the results the match it is reviewed and processed. If both players agree on the outcome it is quickly processed, if there is a conflict there is a built in report system which can be used to contact staff and replays should be sent in (always save your replays or take screenshots, etc). After a winner is determined the staff. If there is still no resolution the funds are frozen until evidence is provided.

If there is a problem with the match up, such as you requested a game with a platinum player and you they ended up being grand master league you may use the report system and if compliant is reasonable the bet will be cancelled and your funds will be returned.

I believe this system can provide a safe framework that bets can be placed on games and you can assure you will be paid if you win. However if you have any suggestions or comments please share them.

moonco.in
riceberry

View Profile
July 30, 2011, 08:23:11 PM

is there a rating system panned possibly ? like feedback type idea possibly for skill games to discourage that type of behavior maybe ? (grandmaster playing as platinum level ? )

no worries thanks for the response very appreciated, i think your site is a fantastic idea
^_^
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2011, 10:51:08 PM

is there a rating system panned possibly ? like feedback type idea possibly for skill games to discourage that type of behavior maybe ? (grandmaster playing as platinum level ? )

no worries thanks for the response very appreciated, i think your site is a fantastic idea
^_^

I currently do have the barebones of a rating system, I do track the reliability of a players report. So a record of honesty is created, it is just not yet made public to other users. I also I have the early code of a user profile system that will allow, simple private messaging, user ratings. However the user profiles have not yet been implemented.

So if you have any recommendations or features you would like to see implemented please let me know.

I really wish battle.net had an API to pull records (Such as win ratio, etc) and such but unfortunately that is not supported and appears to be no plans for one.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2011, 02:19:54 AM

Well I found a third party tool to pull battlenet data, sc2ranks. There currently is no perl wrapper for the api so I would have to write one but I could probably do rudimentary implementation for the time being with basic link generation to user profiles (and then later work on aggregating the data and use it in user profiles). 

Thankfully steam already has an api so if this type of betting does start to take off we could track players via their purchased steam/bnet accounts rather then their mooncoin accounts which would give much better accountability. If someone had a bad honesty record they would have to buy new copies of the game to reset rather then just make a new account on moonco.in.

Ill get this going on the dev server and see how it works.

moonco.in
riceberry

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 06:19:28 AM

Sorry I never got around to testing out the skill game yet, I saw way before you had posted for a 2v2 match, I don't have any partner to play with who is into btc, and ive been pretty busy lately organizing school stuff and moving far far away, so at some point ill try to try it out

Did you complete that 2v2 match ? or ended cancelling it ?
Has a skill game been completed yet ? or only the foresight bets
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:43:24 AM

Like StarCraft? Good news!

I've been added as a mod for the StarCraft section and I've been putting up a lot of SC2 bets. So if you'd like to take a look we have a lot of GSL games up right now: https://moonco.in/bets/bitcoin/foresight/1

I've been doing my best to add quality games to bet on and any and all suggestions are welcome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: