Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:40:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111618 times)
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:44:56 PM

Oh my god, I am scamer now and I am putting  pressure on mtgox.com . So  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0  is scamer too, because he was trying putting "pressure" on mtgox.com? So for what this forum was created?

I believe mtgox.com is laughing from all you, by reading all this thread.

For what reason you saying that I am scamer?    

I see there is members who trying to shut up me. But I don't!

I don't trust you, you would say anything now to lower mtgox's reputation and create more pressure, as you see you have already caused some havoc.
Are you honest ? Do you have anything to hide ? Show us scans of your IDs and photos of yourself with the IDs in your hand.

I still think that you are a scammer here, but i don't know what to think of mtgox yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:50:06 PM

Oh my god, I am scamer now and I am putting  pressure on mtgox.com . So  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0  is scamer too, because he was trying putting "pressure" on mtgox.com? So for what this forum was created?

I don't trust you, you would say anything now to lower mtgox's reputation and create more pressure, as you see you have already caused some havoc.
Are you honest ? Do you have anything to hide ? Show us scans of your IDs and photos of yourself with the IDs in your hand.

I still think that you are a scammer here, but i don't know what to think of mtgox yet.

I am telling facts.   

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:50:24 PM

ShadowOfHarbringer: if who scammed someone? mtgox or barron?

I thik that Baron has scammed mtgox, but mtgox is not having a clear conscience, and i don't like it.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

I am telling facts.  

I don't care.
Show me your IDs or GTFO.

//I'm really getting annoyed by this thread.

Baron (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

Oh my god, I am scamer now and I am putting  pressure on mtgox.com . So  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0  is scamer too, because he was trying putting "pressure" on mtgox.com? So for what this forum was created?

I am telling facts.   

I don't care.

First of all, it will not change the situation.
Second, I not sending my documents to everyone who requests, only to banks and other serious institutions.

And stop asking unconscious questions.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Anonymous

March 02, 2011, 04:57:02 PM

This thread:

Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:00:03 PM

So what are you hiding from us, mtgox ?

Just because he doesn't answer every question and every beckoned call, doesn't mean he acts like a scammer or is "hiding" anything. What else do you want him to say? He's given you all the info he knows about Baron and the transactions up to date.

Shadow, did you ever think that it's none of your damn business, anyway? Would you expect any other financial institution to inform you on the matters of another person's account? We're lucky he's even keeping us posted how he is and not only speaking with Baron privately. Did you ever think that Mt. Gox has a life/business/family to soak up his time instead of sitting on the bitcoin forum answering all of your questions?

Some people.... It's been a fucking week. He's told you all he knows about Barons transactions, and is trying to reach Baron further. He reiterated this morning what he knows and what he's trying to do. Give it some time. Go outside.

+1
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:00:15 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2011, 07:08:53 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

I am telling facts.  

I don't care.

Of course it will change everything.
Scammer would never show his ID, a honest person would do anything to clear its name and get money back.

Too bad you are not such person, but an ordinary scammer.

I will stop when you show your IDs and your face here.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:02:35 PM

To demand private scans for all the public to see is beyond reasonable.

That said, Baron has proved that transactions to mtgox DID occur, however he hasn't proved that it's HIS account. So, Baron, are you willing to prove that it's YOUR LibertyReserve account by sending 0.01$ to a couple of trusted members here?

If Baron does that, it could still be that the account is stolen, but it certainly adds more credibility to his story. The more proofs that confirms the story, the better.

Also, why nothing about the IRC logs. Why? A member here said he could provide logs, why do you not retrive those logs and prove yourself?

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 05:04:16 PM

I think it is time for the forum moderators to shut down this thread.

As far as I see it has gone as far as it needs, short of the final decision being made by mtgox and his final evidence and reasons why  there is nothing more that can be added.

As far as evidence goes, all barron needs to do is send mtgox his scans, nothing more.

All this useless back and forth with barron is nothing but a time waste and I think a little damaging.

It's not our place to demand id from barron, but mtgox's.
Moderators?Huh

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Baron (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:04:59 PM

I am telling facts.  

I don't care.

Of course it will change everything.
Scammer would never show his ID, a honest person would as such person would do anything to clear its name and get money back.

Too bad you are not such person, but an ordinary scammer.

I will stop when you show your IDs and your face here.

You can send your scans to everyone who asks, it's your choice. But I am protecting my documents, that no one would miss out.
I am ready to send scans or other ID  documents to police, when mtgox.com will go to them.

Cusipzzz

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:05:56 PM

don't lock the thread. There is some good comedy value in here while waiting for the final verdict.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:07:04 PM

I think it is time for the forum moderators to shut down this thread.

As far as I see it has gone as far as it needs, short of the final decision being made by mtgox and his final evidence and reasons why  there is nothing more that can be added.

As far as evidence goes, all barron needs to do is send mtgox his scans, nothing more.

All this useless back and forth with barron is nothing but a time waste and I think a little damaging.

It's not our place to demand id from barron, but mtgox's.
Moderators?Huh

Not try to shut up me!

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:16:51 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2011, 07:07:35 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

You can send your scans to everyone who asks, it's your choice. But I am protecting my documents, that no one would miss out.
I am ready to send scans or other ID  documents to police, when mtgox.com will go to them.

That was just a socio-psychological probing, i wanted to test your reaction. I didn't really care about your IDs.
You failed.

I think i have my verdict: In my opinion you are a scammer and mtgox is innocent. I am still curious what is mtgox hiding though.

mtgox

Activity: 185
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 05:19:48 PM

TheKoziTwo: I checked the IRC logs. There is nothing in there about this trade.

Here is my post for a 3rd time since it keeps getting buried and people keep asking why I haven't posted.
Here is a more complete rundown of what happened with the baron account.
Person A had their account compromised by Person B.
Day1: Person B sent ~3000BTC (the mtgox $1000 a day limit at the time) to an address owned by baron.
Day2: Person B sent ~3000BTC (the mtgox $1000 a day limit at the time) to an address owned by baron.
Day3: Person B sent ~3000BTC (the mtgox $1000 a day limit at the time) to an address owned by baron.
Day4: Person A logs into their account and notices the missing BTC. They change their password and contact me about the theft.
DayX: Person B finds an exploit in my LR code and manages to send himself a good deal of LR from the site.
DayY: Person B steals money from 2 other mtgox accounts after compromising them with a dictionary attack. This is discussed elsewhere.

I have talked to Person A on the phone extensively both before and after the theft.  He had much more in his account than what was stolen.

baron claims that he bought the BTC in question from someone on IRC with Liberty Reserve (LR). He hasn’t been able to provide any evidence of this transfer. I see nothing even close in the IRC logs of bitcoin-otc about this transfer.
To believe baron’s story we have to believe:
1) A thief would trust a random person on IRC they have never met before and no one else on the channel knows to send them $3000.
2) The thief would transfer directly from mtgox to the buyer before knowing how much BTC they would end up stealing from mtgox.
3) baron can’t remember his nick, the thief’s nick, or the IRC channel that was used for the trade.
4) baron can no longer find the record of the LR transaction.
5) baron is unable to talk to me on the phone because according to him he is mute.

baron also refuses to provide proof of who he is or where he lives.

We are left having to assume that baron is in fact person B. baron’s account on mtgox holds less than the sum of theft by person B.

As I have said previously we don’t want to be the bitcoin police and this will hopefully not be necessary in the future since we have fixed these security issues that allowed Person B to steal from us and other users in the first place.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:26:13 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2011, 07:07:49 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

TheKoziTwo: I checked the IRC logs. There is nothing in there about this trade.

#1. I believe you.

#2. Can you please be so nice and post the IRC logs from that day so i can check them out myself ? I will be eternally grateful.

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 05:29:05 PM

Who needs police when shadows on your tail  Cheesy

See, one less reason for the state  Tongue

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:34:08 PM

To me it's quite clear that Baron is a thief.

@MtGox, in order to close this case once and for all, why don't you just provide proofs like:
  • Digital signatures that show you own the addresses from which Baron address was funded
  • Logs from your site showing the dictionary attacks and the theft of bitcoins and LR
  • LR logs of the transactions Person B used to get the money out of your account (does this exist?)
  • Logs linking all actions of "Person B", in other words, something that indicates it is indeed the same person

With this amount of info, plus all Baron's contradictions, weird excuses (being mute!?) and lack of willingness to identify himself even to MtGox, I think this case could be "closed", since it would be "proved beyond reasonable doubt" that Baron is a scammer. MtGox could use the frozen money in order to pay for the losses he and his customers suffered.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:34:37 PM

Ok Baron:
1. Give transaction logs for your trade with man on IRC. It's simple, you know the dates it occured.
2. Send 0.01$ from your libertyreserve account to a few trusted members to prove that you possess account.
3. Provide logs from IRC of you trading, you know who has logs and you know the dates.

1) A thief would trust a random person on IRC they have never met before and no one else on the channel knows to send them $3000.
2) The thief would transfer directly from mtgox to the buyer before knowing how much BTC they would end up stealing from mtgox.
3) baron can’t remember his nick, the thief’s nick, or the IRC channel that was used for the trade.
4) baron can no longer find the record of the LR transaction.
5) baron is unable to talk to me on the phone because according to him he is mute.
Lol, that's just too much. If you want to prove your innocent, you have to answer some of these critical questions Baron. Until then, I think we will all be in favor of mtgox's explanation.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 05:40:00 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2011, 05:50:10 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

Who needs police when shadows on your tail  Cheesy

See, one less reason for the state  Tongue

I just like to get to the bottom of things.

To me it's quite clear that Baron is a thief.

Absolutely, there is no doubt of it now.

@MtGox, in order to close this case once and for all, why don't you just provide proofs like:
  • Digital signatures that show you own the addresses from which Baron address was funded
  • Logs from your site showing the dictionary attacks and the theft of bitcoins and LR
  • LR logs of the transactions Person B used to get the money out of your account (does this exist?)
  • Logs linking all actions of "Person B", in other words, something that indicates it is indeed the same person

+ 1

I would like that very much too.
I know that Baron is a scammer, but i still don't like Mtgox's attitude and his way of resolving matters like this.

Also, Mtgox should put a page with terms of service / dispute resolving procedure & security FAQ on his site.

If mtgox.com becomes less shady, people will not suspect him of scam in the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: