Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:09:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: post stamps with custom picture - I've chosen bitcoin silver rounds  (Read 6722 times)
Binford 6100 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 03:37:10 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2012, 02:53:41 AM by binford 6000

October 2012 price fixing
one stamp of your choice 0.27 btc
both stamps 0.5 btc

latest news:
28 September 2012 - reopening and introducing 0.85 eur post stamp
27 September 2011 - second batch of stamps in print.
17 September 2011 - first batch of post stamps sold out.

pretty much like the first sheet of post stamps looked like
this reprint is reasonably close to first sheet of stamps as possible

the 0.85 eur design features the 1st type of 1g art coins.
the 1.10 eur design shows the later design known as type 2

so far produced
0.85 eur stamps 20 pieces
1.10 eur stamps 40 pieces

thread about the actual coins

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

February 26, 2011, 04:50:47 AM

I want one !  The zimbabwe note inside a bitcoin stamped letter is good enough.

This would be awesome. I will post a pic when I get the letter  Smiley

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 11:20:59 PM

I want one too!

I like the one with the ones and zeroes on the edge most, but the bottom kitten is also nice.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2011, 10:58:42 AM

I want one too!

noted

I like the one with the ones and zeroes on the edge most, but the bottom kitten is also nice.

they might fit on the stamp both
 the big coin and a kitty
 the stamp should be rectangular

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:45:07 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 08:18:15 PM by binford 6000

edit:

the stamps arrived and I'm sending out the orders accumulated since Wednesday.

since the original post following changed:
- the image in the post stamp will not be any of the artwork linked previously, I used a photo of actual silver bitcoins
- I ran out of zimbabwe dollar bills back in stock
- other money I could send you are Nigeria, Zambia, Laos & Vietnam banknotes (few pieces only, Z$ are my main business)
- 1 g silver bitcoins type 1&2 - ask for quote, please

I will post picture of the stamps later this week.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

with the first batch of stamps sold out I have now the dilema what design to use next?
reprint? new image? nothing at all?

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 08:05:42 PM

I'm about to order reprint of the bitcoin stamps and order also smaller denomination stamps with the same picture.
i spent unnecessary expensive stamps for Europa. Did not expect to use all of them in two weeks.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 10:53:17 AM

expecting the stamps in the coming week, latest mid October.
don't forget to order some 100 Trillion Zimbabwe dollars from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41930.0
to make use of the stamp ; )

Gregers

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 05:53:04 PM

I think this is an awesome idea. Bitcoin stamps may actually be more viable as a currency than the Bitcoins themselves. Grin
Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 06:11:11 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2011, 02:55:41 AM by binford 6000

I think this is an awesome idea. Bitcoin stamps may actually be more viable as a currency than the Bitcoins themselves. Grin

this item is Bitcoin inspired project, with a 9 months perspective I still find bitcoin branded real world items cute. nice.
the golden era was February with some excitement up to May. period of lack of interest June to August caused delay in the post stamp project but now it has been done once. i opted for a re run to see if the idea gets again some attention. goal is to serve 20 to 50 stamps and quit or take timeout. been there, done that. try something else.
stamps as money seem less practical as bitcoins though. someone in this forum bumps on occasion 20 us 'forever' type A stamps. either they can't sell or he has plenty. Stamps to be redeemed must be physical delivered or used to send a letter (contrary to bitcoin).
As part of my research I tried to use bitcoins in exchange for accepting goods and services aka spending. be it content (electronic print media, donations to site operators, goods delivered via mail - guess what, p.ex. memory chips and second hand notebooks.
And their dominant use is postal service. they are pretty useless in other parts of the world (list of available practical applications approaches null).
Easiest way if delivering a post stamp is to glue it on an envelope or post card and use. if you want to round up the stamp price in bitcoins, i can add some worthless banknote from African or Asian countries. or a paper printout of the 12 pages paper that started this project.
or a folded sheet of paper size A4 (p.ex. for origami)
other more noteworthy (or obvious) defect of stamps in comparison to bitcoin is that they can not be divided into usable separate units and bear manufacturing costs.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:53:16 AM

while waiting for the post stamps to appear, a side note about exchange to useless money I run elsewhere.
To mail you Zambia Kwacha or Nigeria Kobo for as little as 0.05 btc per item. or random piece from pile of useless money from less exotic country. I'm willing to liquidate a solid pile of money to burn for a few bitcoin cents. just choose if you want to receive something in the letter (otherwise it could be a post card with yet cheaper upfront costs per stamp) or go default with the satoshi's paper hard copy (available for download for free from a number of sources and mirror sites).

I refuse to mail carrots. conditions may apply.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:10:29 PM

wow, year long silence. nvmd, I'm back

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 03:23:15 AM

Speaking of which... http://photo.stamps.com/Store/learn-more/

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:35:07 AM

wow, year long silence. nvmd, I'm back

cool stuff, why did you leave for a year?

it was my birthday, and I wished for more free time
so abandoned the project and had some fun elsewhere
(also falling btc exchange rate was a reason, could not recoup costs of stamps without rising prices in btc. seems not the problem anymore)

@TheButterZone nice url, but not usable in international mail. while my post stamps are valid for worldwide delivery and they do not bear the QR like code on them.

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:43:37 AM

while waiting for the post stamps to appear, a side note about exchange to useless money I run elsewhere.
To mail you Zambia Kwacha or Nigeria Kobo for as little as 0.05 btc per item. or random piece from pile of useless money from less exotic country. I'm willing to liquidate a solid pile of money to burn for a few bitcoin cents. just choose if you want to receive something in the letter (otherwise it could be a post card with yet cheaper upfront costs per stamp) or go default with the satoshi's paper hard copy (available for download for free from a number of sources and mirror sites).

I refuse to mail carrots. conditions may apply.

oh yes, lots of old and useless money to use  as mail fodder. if you need some really useless bills as money to burn or just find the bills nice to look at and you have them rather the the more expensive z$ bills, drop me a line, still have a box of world money (and some pre euro national bills). unless explicitly ordered, let's assume we deal Z$ bills mostly

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:27:45 PM

I changed my username to Binford 6100
change from binford 6000. you guessed it probably,
* Binford 6100 is now better and more powerful

p.s. still/again trading Z$ and post stamps for bitcoin
contemplating new series of post stamps with the bitcoin foundation board members ...
any pre-orders and/or preferences?

Binford 6100 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:18:44 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 05:32:33 AM by Binford 6100

There are two types of stamps made so far featuring bitcoin logo, in this case on 1g silver art coins featuring. coins were made in two types, check the B in the middle of the coin. the thread about coins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23256.0

Type I coins are on the 0.85 eur stamp and the Type II coins are on the 1.10 eur stamp.
Same way the Type I coins have lower mintage, there are less 0.85 stamps then 1.10 stamps.
Since more bills are sent worldwide I needed to order a reprint of the 1.10 eur stamps.
around 30 stamps available still available.
I do not intend to reorder stamps with bitcoin on them but rather will go with the bitcoin foundation board members in the near future. Charlie already approved the use of his face for the stamp, those will be the next 20 stamps. Face value depends on which ever post stamps I run out first. Customers from Europe or Worldwide can vote by placing an order. I also accept recommendations and read the forums. Or you can simply buy all my stock : )))

edit: Last week I passed 100 bills served. Still have some items to let go (Z$ bills, 1g silver art rounds, stamps ...)
and hopefully can close shop before end of the year. It's pretty money loosing adventure and for my artistic project I collected enough data already. I observed willingness of people to trade stuff for bitcoin, while the items were the same I was adjusting the price in bitcoins and it seems that people were, are and hopefully will be using bitcoin to trade for collectables like this. I've also spent lot of them for stuff from other people (SSD, RAM, golden mean caliper, stickers, precious metals, bitcoin tokens, virtual shares - that was the only bad choice - hi James) and had lots of fun & educational experience.

still accepting orders and tips what should appear on the next (last?) custom post stamp.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: