Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:47:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 8gig — The Digital Transformation of Software Development  (Read 231 times)
8gigNetwork (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:01:06 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2018, 08:30:19 PM by 8gigNetwork

Hello everyone! We wanted to introduce ourselves to the Bitcointalk community:

We are 8gig - an extensible, low-code platform and developer ecosystem powered by blockchain.

Our goal is to disrupt the digital transformation movement by providing the tools to accelerate work and save money in the process. IDC estimates that $2 trillion will be spent on digital transformation on an annual basis worldwide by 2020, and Forrester Research estimates that low-code platform's share of this will be $22 billion annually.

We achieve this by combining a modern platform, robust developer network and a token powered economy to propel software development efforts forward in an exponential manner.

Our low-code development platform, the 8base Serverless Chassis, helps front-end developers build, deploy and scale modern applications. The Serverless Chassis offers developers access to a robust, enterprise-grade backend-as-a-service that encapsulates most of the complex tasks related to building and hosting software. Developers build new applications and their underlying data models in excess of 10 times faster than they could using traditional approaches, for a fraction of the up-front and recurring expense. We make it possible to approach software architecture from a blockchain agnostic perspective while easily incorporating the blockchain of choice into your applications.

The 8gig Developer Network serves the digital transformation ecosystem in two manners: 1) To create their own new innovations that are added to the Serverless Chassis, extending the capabilities of the Platform, and distributed on the 8gig Marketplace to other developers on the network. This ability to continually enhance the platform through a crowd-sourced approach creates exponential growth of the platform’s capabilities to the benefit of all who use it, developers and end users alike.; and 2) To respond to specific, one-time development requests, or gigs, that are posted by business customers. The Developer Network is underpinned by a blockchain-based, fully-verifiable reputation score that is assigned to all users on the Network based on the quality of their contributions.

The third ingredient of the 8gig approach is the Piece of 8 Token-Powered Economy. Through a user-friendly staking mechanism to align incentives of different parties, developers on the 8gig network are incentivized to innovate and respond to development gigs by earning tokens. These tokens also facilitate the administration of a token-curated registry of extensions made to the Serverless Chassis by developers, which, after validation by other users, may be included in the 8gig marketplace and made available to other developers for a fee. Lastly, customers can also stake tokens to receive ongoing discounts as they utilize Serverless Chassis to host applications on the platform.

We are very excited about what we are building and hope that you are too! Join us on our journey of creating a new future for software development!

Read our entire introduction blog post here!

Connect with us: Telegram | Twitter |  Website | Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrobles

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:58:12 PM

Incredible idea and impressive team!
Would love to learn more. Can I download the whitepaper for this project?
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:27:25 PM

Thank you! Here is the link for the whitepaper and technical overview: https://docsend.com/view/96whmwe

Share your thoughts with us, we'd love to hear!

Telegram | Twitter |  Website | Whitepaper
DSache12

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:33:24 PM

Great project. Are you doing an ICO?
gamichvoche

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:37:48 PM

Good work, nice idea.
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:13:03 PM

Great project. Are you doing an ICO?

Yes, we are doing a token sale. Join our Telegram for more information: https://t.me/chat_8gig

Connect with 8gig: Telegram | Twitter |  Website | Whitepaper
Tiffanya

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:15:32 PM

This project is one of the most serious and promising projects. Their innovative approach is very attractive. They have teamed up a serious team, I advise everyone to join the ICO.
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:56:32 PM

This project is one of the most serious and promising projects. Their innovative approach is very attractive. They have teamed up a serious team, I advise everyone to join the ICO.

Thanks! We are very proud of our growing team and extremely excited to showcase what we are building!

8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

Hey everyone! We recently shared a live-stream from our TokenMatch San Francisco presentation at Draper University! The presentation went incredibly well and we received tremendous feedback from the panel as well as new connections made.

If you didn’t have the opportunity to join the live-stream, or if you want to watch the presentation again, we have posted the full pitch for everyone to watch!

WATCH NOW

About TokenMatch
TokenMatch is a small, intimate setting where an elite group of companies present to investors that have the capacity and mandate to deploy capital. Investors come by invitation only and the companies are pre-selected through a rigorous process. This presented a great opportunity for the 8gig team to interact with high profile investors, receive feedback, and negotiate deals.

https://youtu.be/CvC8xYewHBY

8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:29:44 PM

8gig is very excited to announce that Rick Kimball, Managing Member of Samphire Capital, has joined the 8gig advisory team! At Samphire Capital, Rick provides strategic and capital formation advice to companies looking to use Distributed Ledger Technology to build new and disruptive business models. Rick has over 30 years of experience as an investment banker and venture capitalist at Goldman Sachs (Partner and Head of Global Healthcare Investment Banking), Morgan Stanley, and Millennium Technology Partners.

Read More:
https://medium.com/8gig/introducing-advisor-rick-kimball-3968e9fd10a5

chrobles

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:22:22 PM

Keeping a close eye on this project...
For anyone looking for a better understanding of what they are creating, check out their overview video. Super easy way to digest it all.

https://youtu.be/HyElgX_6ra0

oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

imagine what IDC predicted with extraordinary fees for digital transformation, it made me a little worried and trembling, how much did that? but if this project is better to overcome that, with costs that are not too high with the provision of more competent tools, I think this project needs to be appreciated

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:34:00 PM

imagine what IDC predicted with extraordinary fees for digital transformation, it made me a little worried and trembling, how much did that? but if this project is better to overcome that, with costs that are not too high with the provision of more competent tools, I think this project needs to be appreciated

Thanks! This is exactly where 8gig comes in. Our platform empowers businesses of all shapes and sizes to successfully digitally transform, while giving developers the tools to monetize their skill set.

Join our Telegram group to learn more: https://t.me/chat_8gig
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

We are very excited to share that we have officially added Michael Terpin, founder and CEO of Transform Group, to the 8gig advisory team! Terpin is also a general partner and heads up the ICO investment committee in Alphabit Fund (www.alphabit.fund), a Cayman Island registered digital currency fund with $400 million assets under management

Read more about Michael Terpin joining the 8gig advisory team HERE.

https://preview.ibb.co/b85VoU/advisor_copy_2_2x.png

Samuiel

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:50:50 PM

Your project has a lot of potential. I just joined your signature campaign. Thanks for your acceptance.
Namyri

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:16:29 PM

I like this project. I think the project will have a great future
8gigNetwork (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:11:28 PM

I like this project. I think the project will have a great future

Thank you! We are very confident in what we are building and extremely excited to share more exciting announcements with you soon.
Please stay in the loop with what we are up to by joining our Telegram group: https://t.me/chat_8gig

quansi2k

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:22:39 PM

This token is going to be very valuable. The team needs to promote the ico campaign. so tthif new people know more about the project. We need more like thees anymore.
Susucu

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

I added the project to my watchlist, looks pretty promising, good luck!
Tlaxaxa

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:37:38 PM

The project is a promising prospect in the company's success. A strong team proof. Join the program.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: