Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worldwide Strike 2012  (Read 6418 times)
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 01:53:10 PM

Yeah, do you want a free lunch with a free beer, you too ?

Seriously, this is so silly that it is scary:

http://worldwidestrike2012.blogspot.com/2010/10/world-wide-strike-2012.html

But before facepalming this, please talk to those guys and try to make them realize how silly they are.  Try to be as polite and respectful as possible.

I whish I could answer to those guys myself but they use facebook and other privacy-hazardous networks.  If you have accounts on these networks, tell them that you can not have free stuff unless someone is willing to work for you for free.  Who's pretty enough to convince someone to get up in the morning and work in exchange of nothing but a smile and a "thank you"?

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 01:57:23 PM

Is anyone really surprised that a janitor makes less money than a brain surgeon?
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 01:59:18 PM

Is anyone really surprised that a janitor makes less money than a brain surgeon?

Well, those people seem to think that everyone should earn 0$, whatever their job is.

Amazing, isn't it?

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 02:04:16 PM

Then what's the incentive to do anything unpleasant? The world needs ditch diggers too.
fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 02:08:45 PM

Sorry, but I stopped reading here:

"Economic and spiritual revolution "

skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 02:41:17 PM

Yeah, great idea, than I can spend my days playing Playstation, travelling and pick up some nice free cars like an Audi R8 or Lamborghini Murcielago and have lots of fun with them.

I totally support these guys, the only small little thingy, where to find suckers who make me my games, bring my ass to whatever place I want to go and build me those exotic sportcars. Huh

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 02:48:12 PM

How silly? Why are they silly? Oh wait, you lot are capitalists. Never mind, carry on. (Personally, I think the silliest thing is that they seem to want to keep the government. The getting rid of money isn't so silly. I'm supporting Bitcoin because it's a tool against government, not because I like money.)

Which is more important for society? If all the janitors suddenly disappeared, what would happen? If all the brain surgeons suddenly disappeared, what would happen? I suggested that in the first case, perhaps the brain surgeons would "led full, rich and happy lives until they [are] all suddenly wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone", or something.

For a further discussion on  the differences between doctors and janitors, check out this thread on Reveft.
Particularly the fifth post, which I will quote part of here:
Now why should they be paid differently? We have already established that the doctor most likely emerged from a position of privilege and cannot perform their task without the janitor. In short, we have established that the doctor and janitor live in a mutually benefiting relationship in the sense that both of them are necessary to one another's survival and well-being.

In short:
So your brother should say that they should be paid differently because one's purpose is more valuable than the other. But we have already articulated the opposite. If he is going to argue that one went to school for a long time, we have dismissed that reasonably and attributed it to privilege. If he is going to argue that the doctor's job is harder, this is false as the janitor's job is more difficult and arduous while the doctor's job is more technically advanced. This doesn't make it harder though.

I really can't be bothered arguing the point, because I don't enjoy banging my head on walls.
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 03:02:07 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2011, 03:21:25 PM by bitcoin2cash

Which is more important for human survival, bread or diamonds? Hmm, then I wonder why diamonds cost a lot more than bread. It might have something to do with economics. It is true that bread is more important in general than diamonds but we have plenty of bread and fewer diamonds so any individual loaf of bread isn't important.

Almost anyone can pick up a broom and sweep. A lot fewer people can slice open a human skull without puking into it or making the person worse off than before. Therefore, even though janitors are important in general, no individual janitor is important because they are so plentiful.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 03:19:38 PM

I really can't be bothered arguing the point, because I don't enjoy banging my head on walls.

Yes you do! you just don't feel it anymore because you've hit the wall a bit too hard last time, and your reasoning, or lack thereof proves my point. Don't worry that you can't understand what I mean, or you feel that I'm just making fun of you... right now it's all you can achieve.

Ironically, brain surgery might have got you back to normal (though I'm not sure I want to know what that means for you) but all the surgeons are busy cleaning the phones, those that survived infections, that is.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 03:23:56 PM

Here is the alternative to money:

With this stuff, when I want someone to bring me a beer or to make me a pizza, I don't need to pay him.  All I need is to whip him very hard in the back and shout very loud.

Who needs money really?

mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 03:52:10 PM

Ahh, utopian societies  Smiley I often think about it and would like to believe that it is possible, but the current state of affairs is the best indication how fucked up we are. Whoever wrote that blog had good intentions at heart, so don't be too hard on them.

What gives me a warm feeling however, is that people are finally realizing that something is wrong.
­­­Atlas_

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

How silly? Why are they silly? Oh wait, you lot are capitalists. Never mind, carry on. (Personally, I think the silliest thing is that they seem to want to keep the government. The getting rid of money isn't so silly. I'm supporting Bitcoin because it's a tool against government, not because I like money.)

Which is more important for society? If all the janitors suddenly disappeared, what would happen? If all the brain surgeons suddenly disappeared, what would happen? I suggested that in the first case, perhaps the brain surgeons would "led full, rich and happy lives until they [are] all suddenly wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone", or something.

For a further discussion on  the differences between doctors and janitors, check out this thread on Reveft.

That's the biggest brain fart of an argument I've seen so far. Yes, the doctor wouldn't be able to perform adequate surgery without the janitor but that doesn't mean he owes his life to him. It is all service based on NEED and the amount of NEED is determined by what people are willing to pay. I'm sorry you don't like the idea of people working to sustain themselves.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 04:01:14 PM

don't you understand? A Dog, Human and a Tree are all worth the same!

Everyone is a slave to everyone else.  Whatever we decided happens to you, you will do.

One off NP-Hard.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 04:23:55 PM

What gives me a warm feeling however, is that people are finally realizing that something is wrong.

Something is always wrong.

Anonymous

April 15, 2011, 04:43:47 PM

Free does not always equal good.

brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 04:55:22 PM

Which is more important for human survival, bread or diamonds? Hmm, then I wonder why diamonds cost a lot more than bread. It might have something to do with economics. It is true that bread is more important in general than diamonds but we have plenty of bread and fewer diamonds so any individual loaf of bread isn't important.

While I agree with your sentiments, diamonds are actually almost worthless. They are only worth something to some people because of clever marketing. Go buy a diamond, then try to re-sell it. Worth almost nothing.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 04:57:51 PM

Man those guys are awesome. Under their own logic, hot women should be made readily available to the masses as a social service. Finally i can score some poon for free!

grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 05:01:05 PM

Man those guys are awesome. Under their own logic, hot women should be made readily available to the masses as a social service. Finally i can score some poon for free!

Yeah I was reluctant to say it, but indeed in a moneyless world, to get what they want, men would have to beg or to use force, and women would have to beg or to spread their legs.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 05:33:15 PM

Yeah I was reluctant to say it, but indeed in a moneyless world, to get what they want, men would have to beg or to use force, and women would have to beg or to spread their legs.

So money can replace begging, sweet Wink
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

So money can replace begging, sweet Wink

Begging is the less efficient way to get money I know.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: