Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:44:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Lawyer  (Read 3262 times)
jmoore (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:12:48 PM

I am a qualified British lawyer, with over 12 years experience in legal practice.  As well as English law, I also have practical experience in working with American and French law.

I wish to offer the bitcoin community a personal, professional, and ethical legal service.  I intend to establish and maintain a flawless reputation of professional ethics, which clients and third parties can entirely rely upon.  I envision that my business model will fundamentally depend upon my integrity and strict professionalism.  In particular, I will abide by the same code of conduct that I am under as a British lawyer, which includes:

(a) professional integrity -- my word can be fully relied upon, and I will only state matters that I believe to be true
(b) acting in my client's best interests
(c) avoiding (or where appropriate, declaring) conflicts of interest
(d) strict client confidentiality
(e) upfront, clear information on costs
(f) safeguarding of client's money and other property
(g) adherence to principles of natural justice

In order to protect both myself and my clients, I will conduct my online legal services using strong cryptography and pseudo-anonymity.  If you wish to discuss my services then please contact me by email or private message in, the first instance, in order to arrange a method for secure communication.  Please only send to me private or confidential matters, after we have setup a secure communication method.

Initially, I intend to offer the following services:

(a) Dispute resolution through either mediation or arbitration
(b) Legal research and advice
(c) Drafting and provision of legal documents, such as contracts, wills and trust documents
(d) Escrow services
(e) Provision of bonds, such as performance bonds or arbitration bonds
(f) Safeguarding of digital assets

I would be grateful for your comments on my proposed business model.  As an incentive to my initial clients, I intend to offer my first client an entirely free service for their very first instruction, provided that the client will post a public review of my service afterwards, in order to assist me in establishing my reputation.  First come, first served!

Jonathan Moore
jmoore@i2pmail.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 09:25:57 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 10:13:10 PM by Jonathan Ryan Owens

I am a qualified British lawyer, with over 12 years experience in legal practice.  As well as English law, I also have practical experience in working with American and French law.

Jonathan,

I'm a fake caveman lawyer and need your opinion on this article. It would be an excellent way to prove your worth to the community if you would dissect the arguments and either confirm or deny the other fake lawyers opinion.

Is Bitcoin a Commodity?

Are Bitcoins Securities Under U.S. Law?

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 09:41:55 PM

I am a qualified British lawyer, with over 12 years experience in legal practice.  As well as English law, I also have practical experience in working with American and French law.

Jonathan,

I'm a fake caveman lawyer and need your opinion on this article. It would be an excellent way to prove your worth to the community if you would dissect the arguments and either confirm or deny the other fake lawyers opinion.

Is Bitcoin a Commodity?

This article is of high interest to me since I plan to create a futures trading platform where Bitcoin is the effective currency. Any opinion regarding CFTC regulatory authority?

TheHeroMember

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:56:27 AM

Have you handle a case regarding bitcoins already? Very interested to hear.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 10:18:05 PM

(a) Dispute resolution through either mediation or arbitration
(b) Legal research and advice
(c) Drafting and provision of legal documents, such as contracts, wills and trust documents
(d) Escrow services
(e) Provision of bonds, such as performance bonds or arbitration bonds
(f) Safeguarding of digital assets
We send our BTC, wallets, and goods to someone with an anonymous email and no history on the forum? Sounds good!

I will take the first freebie you offer: A class-action lawsuit against john doe, et al., operating mybitcoin, for aggravated theft and wire fraud. I think $3,000,000 might be an appropriate and actionable amount. Feel like doing some filing and subpoenas?
sangam121

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 12:41:52 PM

We are a leading online legal portal that providing legal advice services in India as well as in all over the world.
to find us you can follow world corporate and other legal service provider in India.
naphto

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

We are a leading online legal portal that providing legal advice services in India as well as in all over the world.
to find us you can follow world corporate and other legal service provider in India.

Why don't you create your own thread?
btceic

Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 01:22:19 PM

Hi jmoore,
welcome to the board, as an fyi we also have msantori as a lawyer here and 1 more will definitley be in the interest of the community, thanks for joining.

What brought you to bitcointalk.org?
Are you personally or otherwise involved in bitcoin?
Have you been involved with prior cases involving currency, derivitives, etc that you feel would benefit the bitcoin community in anyway?
Would you be willing to share some of your case history?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

The question I have on my mind is about whether this is all for charity, for the 'greatness' and 'potential' of bitcoin, OR do you intend to charge users on a case-by-case basis for your services?

The first half of the OP seems like a charity making a media announcement but the second half sounds like you are here to turn a quick buck. If you intend on making money around here from users I hope you have some way to verify or prove you are indeed qualified (for their sake).

It's fairly well known that most lawyers (and various other professionals) will never give their opinion or advice unless they are in a formal agreement with a client because of the obvious liability issues that could arise.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: