Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Increase your bussiness using Bitcoin.  (Read 1206 times)
silvercardbank (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 05:43:02 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2011, 03:41:58 AM by silvercardbank

Just thought i would put this idea out here, to see what anyone thinks.

i want to promote bitcoin in my local area and actually use it with the people i trade with, in the local area i live.

Nobody accepts bit coin , nobody has ever heard of it , and most would not  be bothered to know how it works and load the program onto their computer.

whats in it for me ? ... the everyday person who uses money ?

The only people really into it are computer geeks,or traders speculating on the market with no real interest in the actual utility of use in the real world.

The best part of the bitcoin system i feel, is that is  really does take control away from the banks and all the charges they impose... until that is you have to exchange it into the currency of your country through a bank !
Everyone using it is back to square 1 unless you can spend it person to person freely in the area that you live without ever having to use a bank to convert it back.

Ok this is the idea :

is it possible to load your wallet onto a ibiz card with a certain amount of bitcoin on it ?  

http://www.ibizcard.biz/default.htm

If this can be done along with all the information you need to install the program and info about bitcoin,
links to movies, ie "what is bitcoin " as well as all the info about the business /service, you operate or product you provide.

Order how ever many you require, and load up your wallet onto one... with say 10 bitcoin on it.
  can this be done ?

I could just hand my bussiness card over to the person i am trading with and say here is an x amount discount that you can spend on my service again in the future.

I could also explain that unlike other discount cards is can be redeemed for cash and spent anywhere, or even loaded into your paypal account or credit card through a bit coin dealer.

This gets peoples attention, and they are more likely to put the card into there laptop or computer to redeem the cash and in the process learn all about bitcoin as well as my business.

i could open up as many bitcoin wallets as i like, and load each card with whatever discounts i wanted to offer, so in effect i could have several different pre loaded bit coin cards or accounts of different values that i can spend as money with all the people i introduce to it and/or already trade with.

the more people in a local area that trade with each other anyway,and can use bitcoin, the more viable bitcoin becomes.

The more viable my business becomes and the  less dependent we all are on the banks.

win win situation for all people concerned i think.

Bad news for the tax man & the banks.

what do you guys think ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 05:48:32 PM

I think you'd be able to accomplish the same thing in a more user-friendly manner simply by preloading some MyBitcoin accounts and then handing out the pre-selected usernames and passwords.  Recipient would simply transfer them elsewhere or change the password.  And you'd eventually be able to take back, fairly easily, any BTC that didn't get redeemed after so long.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
silvercardbank (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 05:57:30 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2011, 06:29:05 PM by silvercardbank

I think you'd be able to accomplish the same thing in a more user-friendly manner simply by preloading some MyBitcoin accounts and then handing out the pre-selected usernames and passwords.  Recipient would simply transfer them elsewhere or change the password.  And you'd eventually be able to take back, fairly easily, any BTC that didn't get redeemed after so long.

yes the user name and passwords of my account would be completely loaded up onto the card for there access.

the main purpose it not just to get them into bit coin but , to review all my business or product information and create repeat customers.

the card would be professionally made through an existing company, with the look and feel of my business and logo. but would also create a stronger network in bitcoin in my local trading area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: