Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome  (Read 116918 times)
disq

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 08:04:18 AM

for php-cli:

php -r '$a=trim($_SERVER[argv][1]);if($a=="")die("no address specified\n");$d=json_decode(file_get_contents("http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/balances.json?"),true);$p=$d[$a];if(!isset($p))die("no payout for address in pool\n");$p[oldest]=date("r",$p[oldest]);$p[newest]=date("r",$p[newest]);$p[balance]/=1000000000;$p[balance].=" BTC";print_r($p);' <your address>

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:02:02 PM

I've been mining for the last few hours and your site tells me I have no shares. Anyone else having this issue?

Switching away until issue resolved. Lost eight hours (at least) already.

Same thing happened to me, even though i was mining i can't see my bitcoin address even after an hour.
Also one time, i saw my address with some results & i didn't get paid.
So, i stopped mining in this pool completely.
Some one always cheat, if they get chance.
grndzero

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:10:32 PM

for php-cli:

php -r '$a=trim($_SERVER[argv][1]);if($a=="")die("no address specified\n");$d=json_decode(file_get_contents("http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/balances.json?"),true);$p=$d[$a];if(!isset($p))die("no payout for address in pool\n");$p[oldest]=date("r",$p[oldest]);$p[newest]=date("r",$p[newest]);$p[balance]/=1000000000;$p[balance].=" BTC";print_r($p);' <your address>

Grin

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant argv - assumed 'argv' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant oldest - assumed 'oldest' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant oldest - assumed 'oldest' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant newest - assumed 'newest' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant newest - assumed 'newest' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant balance - assumed 'balance' in Command line code on line 1
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant balance - assumed 'balance' in Command line code on line 1
Array
(

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:45:52 PM

I've been mining for the last few hours and your site tells me I have no shares. Anyone else having this issue?

Unless you can find a minimum of 1 share per 5 minutes (the timedelta), hashrate.php will always misreport. I see a balance of 0.165 BTC on your address, which will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.

Another idea I had, was to put it back to paying out tiny coins again, but also accepting transactions using those coins at no fee. The two problems with this plan would be: 1) the clients will still think they need to pay a fee unless you hack them, and 2) it leaves less space in our blocks for normal with-fee transactions. Currently undecided. It also wouldn't be very easy to write.

jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 01:46:50 PM

Same thing happened to me, even though i was mining i can't see my bitcoin address even after an hour.

you are proven moron, a week ago deepbit was stealing you, get a life

Bleutrade
10,000 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 02:18:32 PM

How about using the address itself to determine the intended minimum payment? Use the last character in base 62: 0-F => .05 BTC, G-V => .50 BTC, W-k => 1 BTC, l-z => 5 BTC or similar. On average you'd only have to create 4 addresses before getting the amount you want as the minimum.

Mind you, this may prove a barrier to entry for the less savvy.
travex

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 02:42:39 PM

A quick question luke, I've just joined your pool and mining at 1.2GHash , got like 500 shares at the moment for 4 miners, but have yet received any BTC in my client, so I just want to know how to check my total share for the pool, and what is the ETA for the first btc payout from your pool ? Or its just pure luck for the whole pool like when a block is found, everybody get the shares, none found = nothing ?
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 03:05:32 PM

A quick question luke, I've just joined your pool and mining at 1.2GHash , got like 500 shares at the moment for 4 miners, but have yet received any BTC in my client, so I just want to know how to check my total share for the pool, and what is the ETA for the first btc payout from your pool ? Or its just pure luck for the whole pool like when a block is found, everybody get the shares, none found = nothing ?
There's been a couple scripts posted in this thread (page 3) that read your own address's balance from the pool. Payouts occur out of the generated blocks. At the current hash rate, the pool gets a block on average every 12 hours.

travex

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 03:07:16 PM

There's been a couple scripts posted in this thread (page 3) that read your own address's balance from the pool. Payouts occur out of the generated blocks. At the current hash rate, the pool gets a block on average every 12 hours.

Thx mate, cheer for the good work Tongue
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 05:18:37 PM

you are proven moron, a week ago deepbit was stealing you, get a life

you are proven ASSHOLE. With out knowing what happened & not even seeing any log never reply. shut ur asshole mouth & get lost u moron.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 06:31:40 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 08:01:15 PM by Luke-Jr

dishwara and jkminkov please take it somewhere else. It has nothing to do with this thread.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 07:02:31 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll switch back now that I understand what's going on.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 10:03:39 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2011, 10:20:47 PM by dishwara

@ Luke-Jr:   Understood

I think Luke-Jr can explain now very clearly even though i am mining in his pool with address 1KaSXG6ncuriX2MXpsFohT7eELNQJSiS1E
my address is not showing in his pool. The miner running now is the 5 one. I mean i ran miner to mine 30-40 shares , closed & restarted. This is 5 time.
Where my shares gone?

I am mining in current block, but the current block doesn't show my address with page refresh every 30 seconds.

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 10:56:41 PM

Where my shares gone?
Don't know why they're not listed in that page, but they're registrered:

jrstatus.pl 1KaSXG6ncuriX2MXpsFohT7eELNQJSiS1E
oldest: 2011-04-30 00:54:00
newest: 2011-05-01 00:53:00
balance: 0.827431
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 10:58:05 PM

I'm still not listed on the current block either. More work to be done I suppose.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 11:37:06 PM

Unless you can find a minimum of 1 share per 5 minutes (the timedelta), hashrate.php will always misreport. I see a balance of 0.165 BTC on your address, which will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.

Another idea I had, was to put it back to paying out tiny coins again, but also accepting transactions using those coins at no fee. The two problems with this plan would be: 1) the clients will still think they need to pay a fee unless you hack them, and 2) it leaves less space in our blocks for normal with-fee transactions. Currently undecided. It also wouldn't be very easy to write.

If the pool hash rate goes up significantly and you use the latest bitcoind (which allows sending payments to multiple recipients at once among other things), then it will probably will be useful.  Just my thought on the matter.  I haven't looked into what it would take to build a pool.  I would have to dabble in solo mining with multiple machines [and one master] to get closer to deciding to do so.  However, I think there will be enough pools by then that a new pool won't be useful.  I think a pool with a great website and lots of features while sticking to the 2% rate would be a winner!  Maybe I and a couple of buddies should whip something up [nah ... won't happen Smiley].

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 01:51:17 AM

Where my shares gone?
This is < 1 BTC

If the pool hash rate goes up significantly and you use the latest bitcoind (which allows sending payments to multiple recipients at once among other things), then it will probably will be useful.  Just my thought on the matter.  I haven't looked into what it would take to build a pool.  I would have to dabble in solo mining with multiple machines [and one master] to get closer to deciding to do so.  However, I think there will be enough pools by then that a new pool won't be useful.  I think a pool with a great website and lots of features while sticking to the 2% rate would be a winner!  Maybe I and a couple of buddies should whip something up [nah ... won't happen Smiley].
You don't seem to understand how my pool pays out. There are no payout sends, you get original coins direct from the coinbase.

travex

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:37:41 AM

Where my shares gone?
This is < 1 BTC

You don't seem to understand how my pool pays out. There are no payout sends, you get original coins direct from the coinbase.

Yo Luke, your pool is cool but IMO you need more complex control panel for user and for pool monitoring,
DonChate

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:26:22 AM

Thanks Luke. I'm getting good response from the pool so far. Lets see how it develops!

Definitely user stats area would be nice, but that is less important than mechanics and reliability of the pool itself.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 03:41:51 AM

I want to make one thing clear, in hopes of explaining where I am coming from personally: I have no interest in running a pool for-profit. Until this difficulty, I was perfectly happy mining on my own. The only reason I have a pool, is because I can no longer get a block within a single standard difficulty period of 2 weeks by myself. Therefore, my operating this pool will be under that assumption, particularly with regard to the lack of a fancy webpage or stats. Please note that actually useful stats, like the ones I have thrown together so far, are not included in that.

That being said, if the pool members wish to pay me for making fancy stats, I could perhaps setup some kind of optional "pool development fund" donation thing. But writing the code for that would also be non-trivial and incur a cost to me. So it would only work off-the-bat as a pool-wide fee, or a simple Bitcoin address those who desire such features can manually send to. As not everyone necessarily cares about such things, I have decided the better is a superior method. Therefore, if you want to contribute funds toward fancy statistical stuff, please send your contribution to 16yREn3ixJuPLP1RaLgTjVERsQDhUJgZg

In the meantime, I would appreciate all comparisons between "expected' earnings (eg, the ";;bc,gen" command on IRC) and actual earnings from my pool.
I personally have received 15.73 BTC, while my "expected" is only 8.51 BTC. I hope you all have similar results.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: