Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:03:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp: No withdrawals for Bitcoin related companies  (Read 14451 times)
bitdude

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

I can confirm that BTC withdrawal worked for me today. So:

SEPA deposit - worked for me
buying BTC - worked for me
BTC withdrawal - worked for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcollector

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:07:10 AM

Hmm, wish I read that before I sent quite a lot of money to Bitstamp just a few days ago.

The deposit went well and the money appeared on my account. So far so good.
Bought some BTC. But I am worried if BTC withdrawal will work in the near future ...

You will be hit with KYC procedures when you make withdrawal. Enjoy Grin

I have read and understood the term KYC for a long time then today I realized its pronounced (kick). Sorry guys. Sometimes I'm a little slow. haha
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 07:42:04 AM

Is this just FUD?

Lot of people yelled at me for "FUD" here too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225707.0

Reading back it looks like people actually went back in and deleted their FUD comments.

Anyways just managed to withdrawal all my funds in BTC.
Good. Whenever any financial enterprise has difficulty processing withdrawals, get your money out immediately. That is a huge red flag. Talk to a lawyer. Threaten to go to the press. Raise hell until you get paid. This is a get out now signal for Bitstamp.

Legit businesses with "know your customer" requirements, like stockbrokers, do the checking before they let you put money in.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:10:18 PM

MtGox ?

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
HerrAndreas

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:25:12 AM

It´s a bit frustrating when most people do not do any own research (e.g.: visiting the websites in question).

Some are so quick to yell "FUD!", or even "MTGOX!" while for others it seems to be news that bitstamp switched from unicredit to raiffeisen (Slovenia).

Well they obviously have some issues concerning speed of deposits or handling of fiat withdrawals, but as there is not one report of btc withdrawal problems or "missing" fiat, I´d suggest to turn the panic volume down a bit.

Id would certainly be a nice move to have bitstamp switch it´s banking to fidor (germany). They are actively endorsing bitcoin biz (bitcoin.de market place is run in their name for regulatory reasons) and even kraken (also a british Limited) have their bank account there.
The question is rather, why have bitstamp not moved there yet, but switched to a bank which is not known for any bitcoinfriendlyness, but rather being one of the very few banks without any offices or operations inside the US (think regulation, think US sanctions on other countries)?

It is like the wild west in the movies, like russia in the 90ies.
It´s you, revolutionaries, scamers, gangsters, genuises, greedy soon-to-be loosers, billionares, and  big business at a global private party. It is bitcoin. http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/dont-panic/
IOCpromotiontips

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Givingittoyoustraight

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:24:49 AM

UPDATE.

raiffeisen bank, Bitstamps bank, are now rejecting all bank payments.

I just waited 3 days to be told this.  My Bank in the UK told me before Bitstamp did that raiffeisen bank are rejecting payments. So lord knows how long i will have to wait before i see my money again.

Simply AVOID Bitstamp. Not worth the hassle.

In the UK i am buying all my bitcoins from Bitbargain. 
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:25:37 AM

UPDATE.

I just waited 3 days to be told this.  My Bank in the UK told me before Bitstamp did that raiffeisen bank are rejecting payments. So lord knows how long i will have to wait before i see my money again.

RIPstamp
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 10:40:27 AM

UPDATE.

You mean you cannot deposit funds, withdraw funds or neither? And does it have to do with your bank, or is Raiffeisen just sitting on money & doing nothing?
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

I've used BitStamp in the past before the hack, and didn't seem to have a lot of problems, except that wire withdrawals took quite a long time to arrive after being approved (over a week or so). Looks like I'll have to find another reliable exchange to use.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: