Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an Altcoin  (Read 3714 times)
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

An altcoin is a coin that's an alternative to Bitcoin.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Altcoin

Therefore, Bitcoin cannot possibly be an altcoin as nothing can be an alternate to itself.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
betterangels

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:18:32 AM

Bitcoin was the first coin, bitcoin is the king. So all reference will be made with BTC. Its not an actual alternative, but relative.

Bitcoin is the queen in the network.... long live to the queen!!!.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:43:01 AM

Bitcoin is an altcoin to Peercoin and Peercoin is an altcoin to Bitcoin.

Do all of you understand what "alt" means? It stands for alternate.

So when shown some new technology in crypto I get annoyed when people go, oh it's just another alternate.

Bitcoin is also an alternate to other technologies.  I hate how all of you are acting like the current bitcoin protocol is the end all be all project in the crypto scene. Satoshi brought true innovation and all of you are acting like there can't be any more for some reason.

So please next time something innovative is made don't just go, oh that's just another altcoin. Actually use your heads and look at the technology for what it's worth.

This idiotic thought process that some of you posses is exactly why a lot of you and a lot of people didn't get in early on Bitcoin. Because when faced with something new your underdeveloped/underpowered brains don't know how to process everything and you immediately call scam or fail on what you can't understand.

HAHAHAH THANK YOU!! +1000
Thats how I feel every time someone calls Ethereum "SCAM COIN!!"

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:26:49 AM

So when shown some new technology in crypto I get annoyed when people go, oh it's just another alternate.

Bitcoin is also an alternate to other technologies.  I hate how all of you are acting like the current bitcoin protocol is the end all be all project in the crypto scene. Satoshi brought true innovation and all of you are acting like there can't be any more for some reason.

So please next time something innovative is made don't just go, oh that's just another altcoin. Actually use your heads and look at the technology for what it's worth.

This idiotic thought process that some of you posses is exactly why a lot of you and a lot of people didn't get in early on Bitcoin. Because when faced with something new your underdeveloped/underpowered brains don't know how to process everything and you immediately call scam or fail on what you can't understand.

I don't understand how one thing is related to the other. Besides, we have already stated that the meaning OP is giving to “alternate” is not the real one (or the one everyone else agrees with).

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:08:13 AM

I don't understand how one thing is related to the other. Besides, we have already stated that the meaning OP is giving to “alternate” is not the real one (or the one everyone else agrees with).

is that right?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:54:15 AM

I thought I was in the Bitcoin forum. My mistake.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Plank

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:11:38 AM

Its an altcoin with respect to other coins but frankly speaking, it has become a trend, thats what you are talking about.
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 10:22:22 AM

Funny thinking Smiley Bitcoin is the first crypto is the crypto! Anything else is secondary and not considerable as BTC

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 10:49:14 AM

Everything with a beginning has an end, so the supremacy of Bitcoin will not last forever. That's reality. Hope for you it is distant in the future.
It's going to be in the very distant future if 'stupid' coins are being released like the ones that we had/have so far.
It's obvious that nothing will last forever, but it depends on how long it will last. Look at banks, Microsoft OS dominance?
Also it seems like people don't get this forum/it's name at all.
It's called BITCOINtalk for a reason.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

I think the term is based on the software development.  The code is being developed under Bitcoin and the "altcoins" take that code and make some changes to provide an alternative but they depend on the development of the Bitcoin project for updates.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:58:12 PM

bitcoin was the first one, so everything else is altcoin. Cool Cool

It was not actually the first one, I remember there were other people trying to come up with a similar thing.
Bitcoin was the first one to do it right tho, and get the bigger adoption. SO yeah, I could understand people that say its the first one.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: