Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need someone to work on Bitcoin-Postal Mail project with me  (Read 2027 times)
danieldaniel (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 06:33:16 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2012, 06:46:36 PM by danieldaniel

Hey,
I had an idea that could potentially be profitable.  It is a bitcoin -> mail sort of thing.

I found a website that would send all the mail automatically, with an API of course.

I was thinking that we could generate a private key, wait for a couple confirmations, send some bitcoins to the address that is related to the private key, and then send the information through the mail.

I started the project, but I am running into a few bugs, and would want someone else to work on it with me (for a split profit sort-of thing Wink).

If anyone is interested, you can reach me on here, on Skype (PM me with your Skype name), or on #bitcoin-otc (I am on right now, my username is danieldaniel).

EDIT:
I was trying to protect my idea at first, but I guess its all publicly available anyways.  Wink

Ok, so the website is http://www.postalmethods.com/
They have a cool API, which I think could be very useful.  It could be similar to that other gift card thing (I think it was called BitBills), but we wouldn't shut our site down  Smiley.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drknow012

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 06:41:06 PM

i might be interested, but i would need more information. it sounds like your either hiding something or you're protecting your idea. you can pm me with details and i'll tell you how i can help, or if you could simply post them on this thread, i'm sure others would provide some insight as well.

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 06:42:13 PM

i might be interested, but i would need more information. it sounds like your either hiding something or you're protecting your idea. you can pm me with details and i'll tell you how i can help, or if you could simply post them on this thread, i'm sure others would provide some insight as well.
I don't want everyone to steal my idea, but I guess its all publicly available on the web.  Lemme edit the thread.
Edit:
Edited.

drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 06:49:13 PM

I don't want everyone to steal my idea, but I guess its all publicly available on the web.  Lemme edit the thread.
Edit:
Edited.

i suggest you re edit your thread, and remove the link to your resource. resources are assets, including information assets. i myself had no idea this website existed until you posted it, and now nothing will stop me from creating a project of my own using the api services provided by the resource you just listed.

my point, keep your resources, but share your ideas. Smiley

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 06:52:23 PM

Edit:
Edited.

i suggest you re edit your thread, and remove the link to your resource. resources are assets, including information assets. i myself had no idea this website existed until you posted it, and now nothing will stop me from creating a project of my own using the api services provided by the resource you just listed.

my point, keep your resources, but share your ideas. Smiley
Well, I want people to be able to look at the site.  If someone else does it without me, I really could care less.  I would obviously prefer them to work with me, but they can do whatever they want.

Also, IMO, anyone who is reputable enough to be trusted with making a site wouldn't steal another persons idea, but as I said, do whatever you want with it.  Smiley

drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 06:57:54 PM

at the moment i'm a little busy with other projects, and i was really just trying to scare you Smiley

it seems like an interesting service. what do you think you could do with it?

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 06:59:48 PM

at the moment i'm a little busy with other projects, and i was really just trying to scare you Smiley

it seems like an interesting service. what do you think you could do with it?
I said in the thread that I was thinking of a "mail a bitcoin" sort of service.

I haven't seen a fully developed service out there like this, that is completely automatic, so I feel like it could be a useful addition to the community.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:00:34 PM

That is an awesome site. Thanks for showing it to me; it will be perfect for an unrelated (non-bitcoin) project.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:02:09 PM

That is an awesome site. Thanks for showing it to me; it will be perfect for an unrelated (non-bitcoin) project.
Smiley  Glad it was useful to you.

ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 10:17:30 PM

I said in the thread that I was thinking of a "mail a bitcoin" sort of service.
So a sort of snail-mail coinapult?

Heck, even just wrapping their service so people can use it paying with bitcoins would be cool, although I'm not sure how much use it would get.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
btcnode

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:00:53 PM

Still looking for help?
drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 10:25:50 PM

i can design a user interface for a website, but you would have to host it. interested?

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 11:26:15 AM

Who would print and send the mail?

drknow012

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 02:34:29 PM

the user/member of course... unless i'm mistaken? any thoughts from danieldaniel on this?

danieldaniel (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 08:06:10 PM

the user/member of course... unless i'm mistaken? any thoughts from danieldaniel on this?
No, it's all automatic with the website I posted.

Also, PM'ing you about the interface.

tosaki

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 10:15:30 AM

any news? i certainly would use your service
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 02:10:10 PM

It would be cool to send myself paper bitcoins or send bitcoin postcards to people.

unclemantis

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:51:31 PM

I am interested

I have bitcoin project experience. Nothing published at this time but I do have over 25 years of web development experience.

My skill sets besides bitcoin technologies are:

I have BOLDED the technologies that I am currently involved in.

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, PHP, XHTML, AJAX, HTML5, CSS, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla! Platform and ASP using VBScript/C#; ActionScript, Bash, BASIC, Batch, C++, Objective-C, Perl, Python, VBScript and Visual C#

SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
Microsoft, Visual SourceSafe, Visual Studio, Internet Explorer, Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, After Effects, Bridge, Dreamweaver and Illustrator

OPERATING SYSTEMS
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2008, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Ubuntu 11.10

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 11:31:37 PM

I am interested

I have bitcoin project experience. Nothing published at this time but I do have over 25 years of web development experience.

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, PHP, XHTML, AJAX, HTML5, CSS, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla! Platform and ASP using VBScript/C#; ActionScript, Bash, BASIC, Batch, C++, Objective-C, Perl, Python, VBScript and Visual C#

SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
Microsoft, Visual SourceSafe, Visual Studio, Internet Explorer, Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, After Effects, Bridge, Dreamweaver and Illustrator

OPERATING SYSTEMS
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2008, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Ubuntu 11.10

Thats a lot of qualifications  Smiley

unclemantis

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:39:24 PM

I am interested

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS

OPERATING SYSTEMS

Thats a lot of qualifications  Smiley

It sure is Smiley Better to have a lot than a little.

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: