Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32]
  Print  
Author Topic: [prediction] Next spike $560,000 14 {<-oops!} months from now (2017 Update!)  (Read 71459 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:20:57 AM

For me BCH is the coin that most closely implements the white paper, which is what all of my posts since 2011 have been based on.

I wish BTC all the best with their project. No hard feelings. It's just not what I bought into.

Fair enough but I sure as shit did not sign up for a coin mined and controlled by one entity. I think that's even a tad further away from the white paper than blockstreamcorelizardbilderbergcoin.

The truth is, I wouldn't have signed up for BCH, and I wouldn't have been able to afford to sign up for BTC with fees like they are. It's safe to say everything has changed.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:42:37 AM

For me BCH is the coin that most closely implements the white paper, which is what all of my posts since 2011 have been based on.

I wish BTC all the best with their project. No hard feelings. It's just not what I bought into.

Fair enough but I sure as shit did not sign up for a coin mined and controlled by one entity. I think that's even a tad further away from the white paper than blockstreamcorelizardbilderbergcoin.

If this is th only and last argument against then it s gonna be fixxed anyway by the flippening when miners change to mine BItcoin Cash in the mayority.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:10:50 AM
Merited by 600watt (1)

If this is th only and last argument against then it s gonna be fixxed anyway by the flippening when miners change to mine BItcoin Cash in the mayority.

LOL!
Keep dreaming man!
You're definitely drinking the Roger Ver Kool-Aid.
Bcash lives from the Bitcoin core devs code. Even the Judas admitted that on TV.
Your dream of a flippening will just keep being a dream. A dream of you naive guys. And at a certain point in time Judas will drop you all, like a hot potato, leaving you with all those big bcash bags while he cashed out millions again.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 05:28:22 PM

LOL!
Keep dreaming man!
You're definitely drinking the Roger Ver Kool-Aid.
Bcash lives from the Bitcoin core devs code. Even the Judas admitted that on TV.
Your dream of a flippening will just keep being a dream. A dream of you naive guys. And at a certain point in time Judas will drop you all, like a hot potato, leaving you with all those big bcash bags while he cashed out millions again.

You seem to give Roger little too much power?

Check reality and that many change the support: denk er again.

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:35:02 PM

sgbett reaffirms $560k Bitcoin (#BSV)

https://twitter.com/simonbettison/status/1128714633022529536

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:36:07 PM

Bless yer heart.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:26:58 PM

Can you either retweet it or share a copy of that tweet, I can't see it!

I get this message when I try to see it.

Sorry, you are not authorized to see this status.
This account's Tweets are protected.
Only confirmed followers have access to @simonbettison's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 07:28:28 AM

agreed

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 09:13:31 AM

didn´t really age well, didn´t it?   Wink

do you still believe in that "flippening"?

stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 10:35:32 AM

Can't confirm, I can't see the tweet, it says "Only confirmed followers have access ..................", I should follow this guy because I like his prediction.
$560K is a life changing price, I don't know if I can still hold that time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 12:25:25 PM

The SVippening - sure

BTC cannot scale for all 18Months

BCH is fucked for all 6Months

BSV is ready now

Wink

sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:54:19 AM

Sorry gang, forgot I had protected tweets - too much trol-o-loling on twitter. request to follow and I'll probably add you unless your feed is utter trash Wink

The tweet just said the same thing as the forum post. I just cross linked for great justice.

@600watt - times change, smart people move with the times, foolish people stick with dogmatic beliefs for fear some random OTI might point out they once said something different. When I said BCH was the best implementation of bitcoin, it was. Now it's not, so I updated my thinking.

I can't tell y'all what to do, and you shouldn't listen to others that are telling you what to do. Maybe you should look around at what is happening though and be mindful of why you hold beliefs, what informs them, whether any initial premises you based your decisions on still hold true.

I got into BTC back in the day because I loved the promise of what the tech could do (and it seems I only grokked the half of it at the time!), when core forked BTC into segwit coin, now LN coin, now Liquid I stuck with the bitcoin I knew and believed in. When ABC forked bitcoin by changing protocol I stuck with the bitcoin I knew and believed in.

If you are in it for speculation, then maybe BTC is a good choice for you - it's where the speculators are. I have a thread on that too Wink tl;dr everything is proceeding as predicted.

@gentlemand i do wonder - you're on old timer so you shouldn't be as affected by the Blockstream propaganda machine as some of the newbies, so what gives? why don't you see the problems with BTC/LN unfolding (as predicted) as being indicative of what is really going on beneath the hype and market action?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:05:18 AM

@gentlemand i do wonder - you're on old timer so you shouldn't be as affected by the Blockstream propaganda machine as some of the newbies, so what gives? why don't you see the problems with BTC/LN unfolding (as predicted) as being indicative of what is really going on beneath the hype and market action?

I'm yet to be convinced of anything regarding lightning networks. I can well believe they may remain an egghead dead end. As for BlockstreamBorgAxaLizard, the majority are choosing them. I have no particularly strong feelings.

BSV is a fork of a fork with near total mining centralisation and not one competent or non skeevy person visibly involved. I wouldn't entrust them with my snot.

If the 'purity' of the software is all that counts then people should run their own version of BTC at home on two computers and bat it between them.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 11:53:42 AM

The SVippening - sure

BTC cannot scale for all 18Months

BCH is fucked for all 6Months

BSV is readyfinished now

Wink

ftfy  Wink
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 01:38:32 PM

I'm yet to be convinced of anything regarding lightning networks. I can well believe they may remain an egghead dead end. As for BlockstreamBorgAxaLizard, the majority are choosing them. I have no particularly strong feelings.

BSV is a fork of a fork with near total mining centralisation and not one competent or non skeevy person visibly involved. I wouldn't entrust them with my snot.

If the 'purity' of the software is all that counts then people should run their own version of BTC at home on two computers and bat it between them.

Interesting thoughts! Reading between the lines I'm guessing its a anti-CSW thing?

I'm pretty close to the "core of the network" over on BSV and I have quite a different view of things to what you perceive. I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you of anything though, I don't think you'll change your view until you see it for yourself.

I'll just keep popping my head in here from time to time, to let you all know I still care Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32]
  Print  

Jump to: