Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawala Network - Orange County, CA / Las Vegas, NV / Laurel, MD  (Read 1778 times)
Tuxavant (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 03:10:56 PM

I would like to meet someone from Orange County, CA or Fort Mead, DC area, who would be willing to potentially meet a family member or friend of mine locally to do a face-to-face bitcoin-for-cash exchange. It would be infrequently, and I don't have any specific needs right now, but I would like to establish a relationship now and exchange social network info now.

I am willing to do the same for anyone that needs a contact in Las Vegas, NV for the same purpose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 06:28:14 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2012, 10:13:18 PM by Stephen Gornick

Hawala is a term for where two or more hawalders work together to transfer funds from point A to point B.  What you are describing instead is your wish to find someone selling buying bitcoins for and paying cash [Updated after reading reply].  That's a simple person-to-person exchange.

For the most part, Bitcoin can replace the Hawala networks.   Instead of one international cash transfer transaction, there instead are two domestic cash transfer transactions with the crossing the border part occurring through Bitcoin's P2P network.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 07:01:03 PM

I see your point.

To be more clear, I have friends/family in those locations for which I'd like to send Bitcoins. They know how to use Bitcoins, but they are not interested in keeping them or "using them". Frequently, I just need to get them some dollars, but I don't want to use traditional systems. So I'd like to send them Bitcoins and refer them to another local Bitcoiner who might be able to easily do the exchange and get them dollars.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:17:31 PM

Frequently, I just need to get them some dollars, but I don't want to use traditional systems. So I'd like to send them Bitcoins and refer them to another local Bitcoiner who might be able to easily do the exchange and get them dollars.

[Update: Heh, pasted wrong reply in this post initiially.  Fixed]

So you want a cash out service.   There should be plenty of people willing to buy bitcoins with cash, as there are no exchange fees or costs to transfer the cash after depositing at a bank.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Tuxavant (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 10:58:42 PM

Well, it would be cash in too.. if they wanted to send me money I could direct them to their local bitcoiner.

And also, I'm offering my "cash delivery" service to anyone "stuck" here in Vegas.... (kinda thing).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: