Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:07:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLAM COMMANDER. If you owned Bitcoin/Litecoin or Dogecoin... you have CLAM!  (Read 1862 times)
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 11:30:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4TTedpirFs

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

To end any discussion that will likely come of it. No, you cannot redeem coin held on Cryptsy as per our ToS. We do not honor snapshots, or anything that involves the private keys etc associated to our wallets.

Everyone is welcome to withdraw coin to their own personal wallets if they wish to take advantage. I see more and more of these types of coins popping up and it is not a practice we will be participating in even if we list the coin.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 11:56:32 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 12:11:53 AM by BayAreaCoins

To end any discussion that will likely come of it. No, you cannot redeem coin held on Cryptsy as per our ToS. We do not honor snapshots, or anything that involves the private keys etc associated to our wallets.

Everyone is welcome to withdraw coin to their own personal wallets if they wish to take advantage. I see more and more of these types of coins popping up and it is not a practice we will be participating in even if we list the coin.

Thanks for nipping that in the ass fast BitJohn.

Lots of fuckin copy cats, but I speculate CLAM is a good one and would be greatful if y'all list it.

I'd also be interested in buying CLAMS OTR if you happen to have any.

Thanks!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

Why not?
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:12:48 AM

While I total understand your position I would argue that what Poloniex did was absolutely no security risk and very community friendly.  Aka they claimed there wallets (although they didn't have a lot as they had reset there wallet system recently before the snapshot)  and then gave them away in a giveaway to there users.

Of course a user withdrawing their coins to there own personal wallet at this point would have no effect in claiming clams they might have gotten from coins in cryptsy systems.  There yours now as you own the private keys those outputs belong to. Sending them out of your system would have no effect whatsoever.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:13:56 AM

[...] it is not a practice we will be participating in even if we list the coin.

Why not?

Best not to argue with him. He's likely sitting on a butt-load of virgin CLAMs. If he wants to leave them un-dug rather than selling them into the market then that's fine with me.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 12:17:58 AM

[...] it is not a practice we will be participating in even if we list the coin.

Why not?

Best not to argue with him. He's likely sitting on a butt-load of virgin CLAMs. If he wants to leave them un-dug rather than selling them into the market then that's fine with me.

^^^^ A million times over.

tryphe

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:25:18 AM

Please try not living in the past for one second and embrace the idea of a great distrubution method. Either you cater to your market, or the market leaves your exchange. With the exception of all the shitcoin markets you have listed made on http://coincreator.net/.

Or is the profit from those alone not enough that you wish to exploit fair distribution rather than promote it?
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 12:28:15 AM

Please try not living in the past for one second and embrace the idea of a great distrubution method. Either you cater to your market, or the market leaves your exchange. Minus all the shitcoin markets you have listed made on http://coincreator.net/.

Or is the profit from those alone not enough that you wish to exploit fair distribution rather than promote it?

I see where you are coming from and it might able to be used as a great reason for people to log back into their Cryptsy account if they were credited with their CLAM... which would be worht a few bitcents or even more.

Same goes with any exchange or service I guess.  

It will be interesting to see how this turns out!

I can see what John is saying 100% though.  Once CLAM becomes a sucessful coin over night.. so many fucktards will try to make their own shit copy rather than work hard... could be uber annoying getting 1000 messages a day.

dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:12:32 AM

Replace CLAM whit SCAM

only a 1 letter difference boy,s ( the irony )

lol no ty
Accommodation

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:21:56 AM

Replace CLAM whit SCAM

only a 1 letter difference boy,s ( the irony )

Yeah 1 letter indeed and you mixed up one letter it should be "with" not "whit" you have to move that H from the second place to the last place. 1 letter can make all the difference.  Wink
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 01:56:10 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 02:14:45 AM by BayAreaCoins

This isn't a arguing thread.

Stop or take it to PM. Smiley

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:18:52 AM

wtf is this, someone please fill me in.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
SuperClam

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 07:27:37 AM

In May of this year, we launched CLAMS.

Before launch, we distributed it all to the community, by sending an even share to each and every non-empty address in BTC, LTC, and DOGE.  We called it "proof-of-chain" - we were the first Grin

Concerning the Cryptsy exchange:

It would mean quite a lot to us, and likely your users, if you chose to make an exception for CLAMS.  We were the first proof-of-chain crypto and it is possible the TOS may very well have even been different for your users at that time.  Of coarse, the administrators control the keys of the exchange wallets.  In the end, the CLAMS that were distributed to those addresses were intended for the users who deserve them.

That said, the liquidity and services offered by the Cryptsy exchange would serve a positive benefit to the existing CLAM community and thus we welcome the addition of CLAMS to Cryptsy.  We would only ask that if Cryptsy chooses not to claim and distribute the CLAMS to their users that there be some respect of the investment others have chosen to undertake.

If the intent is to leave the exchange wallet CLAMS unclaimed; so be it (though we think at bare minimum a middle-ground solution might be to claim and send them to the CLAM Dev bounty fund).  In the end, the person who controls the keys, control the CLAMS.  Regardless of our intent when we sent them, which was clearly to send them to the account holder of the address, not the custodial controller.

Again, regardless of the decision, I think it goes without saying that the Cryptsy platform would provide additional awareness and service for the CLAM community.  Awareness and service that would be kindly welcomed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:57:38 AM

In May of this year, we launched CLAMS.

Before launch, we distributed it all to the community, by sending an even share to each and every non-empty address in BTC, LTC, and DOGE.  We called it "proof-of-chain" - we were the first Grin

Concerning the Cryptsy exchange:

It would mean quite a lot to us, and likely your users, if you chose to make an exception for CLAMS.  We were the first proof-of-chain crypto and it is possible the TOS may very well have even been different for your users at that time.  Of coarse, the administrators control the keys of the exchange wallets.  In the end, the CLAMS that were distributed to those addresses were intended for the users who deserve them.

That said, the liquidity and services offered by the Cryptsy exchange would serve a positive benefit to the existing CLAM community and thus we welcome the addition of CLAMS to Cryptsy.  We would only ask that if Cryptsy chooses not to claim and distribute the CLAMS to their users that there be some respect of the investment others have chosen to undertake.

If the intent is to leave the exchange wallet CLAMS unclaimed; so be it (though we think at bare minimum a middle-ground solution might be to claim and send them to the CLAM Dev bounty fund).  In the end, the person who controls the keys, control the CLAMS.  Regardless of our intent when we sent them, which was clearly to send them to the account holder of the address, not the custodial controller.

Again, regardless of the decision, I think it goes without saying that the Cryptsy platform would provide additional awareness and service for the CLAM community.  Awareness and service that would be kindly welcomed.

Again by policy we will not participate in any snapshot, redemption etc.
28. Staking Interest

Some Cryptsy wallets may provide staking interest rewards. Any staking rewards, conversions, snapshots, or likewise will become the property of Cryptsy.

29. Wallet Public & Private Keys

Wallet public and private keys are the property of Cryptsy. Deposit addresses are used to identify the recipient of crypto currency transfers into Cryptsy. Addresses may be revoked and changed from time to time as required to ensure system stability.

We have no intentions on starting the practice either. There is a simple solution if you become aware of a coin that is going to offer this type of thing withdraw the coin to a private wallet and take advantage.
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 10:03:01 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 10:29:42 AM by BayAreaCoins

We have no intentions on starting the practice either. There is a simple solution if you become aware of a coin that is going to offer this type of thing withdraw the coin to a private wallet and take advantage.

It is good practice to hold your own priv keys anyways.

Thanks BJ

Edit:

What if MtGox listed it... could your choice change? Tongue

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:17:14 AM

I don't think this is a fight worth fighting. He doesn't want (and according to policy, cannot accept) the CLAMs he was given, and that's OK.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

I don't think this is a fight worth fighting. He doesn't want (and according to policy, cannot accept) the CLAMs he was given, and that's OK.
But what's to stop him from just dumping everything once the price reaches a level he feels it's worth to claim them?
SuperClam

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 02:57:21 PM

... We were the first proof-of-chain crypto and it is possible the TOS may very well have even been different for your users at that time....

Again, regardless of the decision, I think it goes without saying that the Cryptsy platform would provide additional awareness and service for the CLAM community.  Awareness and service that would be kindly welcomed.
Again by policy we will not participate in any snapshot, redemption etc.
28. Staking Interest
Some Cryptsy wallets may provide staking interest rewards. Any staking rewards, conversions, snapshots, or likewise will become the property of Cryptsy.
29. Wallet Public & Private Keys
Wallet public and private keys are the property of Cryptsy. Deposit addresses are used to identify the recipient of crypto currency transfers into Cryptsy. Addresses may be revoked and changed from time to time as required to ensure system stability.

That makes a great deal of sense, and in fact if I ran a similar system myself: I would likely not desire to handle such matters either.

However, it is worth considering that your users had not agreed to those Terms of Service when CLAMS were distributed.  

In May of this year, when the Cryptsy wallets received distribution funds on the CLAMS chain, neither of those provisions existed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140209162023/https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/terms
https://web.archive.org/web/20140701133723/https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/terms

Again, I have bolded the final comment from my quote above to emphasize that CLAMS would benefit greatly from the choice to be included in the coin offering at Cryptsy.

I only suggest that due to the fact we launched in May, before the above Terms of Service existed, you reconsider forwarding exchange Wallet CLAMS.

We launched CLAMS with proof-of-chain in order to attempt to achieve the widest distribution possible: I would be remiss to not at least attempt to win Cryptsy's support in that endeavor Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:39:41 PM

But what's to stop him from just dumping everything once the price reaches a level he feels it's worth to claim them?

Nothing. We know cryptsy runs a shared wallet. Your deposit address is simply for accounting purposes. Coins you deposit to "your" deposit address are quickly moved to other address, and either used to fund withdrawals for other users or swept offline. At the point of CLAM distribution it was effectively random which users' deposit addresses were funded and which weren't. It was outside of the individual users' control.

It's hard to argue that those deposit addresses and the other addresses controlled by cryptsy don't belong to cryptsy, and that any stakes or other rewards received by those addresses don't belong to cryptsy. Whether they explicitly state that or not doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm not saying that cryptsy shouldn't give out the CLAMs they received. The way I see it, it's their decision. It would look good if they did. It might attract business if people saw that they give out freebies like that. But if they think it's better for their bottom line to keep the CLAMs for themselves, or that it's just not even worth the effort to dig them up, then I think that's fine too.

██████████         
      ██████████████████