Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: becoming suicidal  (Read 11475 times)
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:05:44 PM

first and most important rule about trading:

INVEST ONLY MONEY THAT YOU AFFORD TO LOOSE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

first and most important rule about trading:

INVEST ONLY MONEY THAT YOU AFFORD TO LOOSE
Fuck you. The word you are grasping for and somehow managed to miss is lose.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:44:51 PM

And god whatever you do, don't result to pharmaceutical antidepressants.

Wow, I cannot believe you just wrote this. What would happen if the guy is genuinely suicidal and taking medication and decides to take your "advice", and something bad happens because of it?

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

And god whatever you do, don't result to pharmaceutical antidepressants.

Wow, I cannot believe you just wrote this. What would happen if the guy is genuinely suicidal and taking medication and decides to take your "advice", and something bad happens because of it?

Pretty common mentality.  If a pharma co. made it, it's poison.  If some tweaker cooked it up in his bathtub, it's panacea.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:59:58 PM

Let's say we are in a concentration camp, and many of the prisoners are suffering from depression. By administering antidepressants that interfere with the natural pathways in their brains, we are able to make them happier and fully functional, so they can continue the slave labour we have set them.  Perhaps the unspoken purpose of such medication is not to make people happier per se, but to make them compliant.

Some common symptoms of depression include:  loss of energy, oversleeping or insomnia, loss of appetite, decreased libido, social isolation and withdrawal,  lack of motivation and/or enjoyment going about your daily routine, increased uncontrolled substance abuse, etc.

When your body is sick with a cold or flu, it provides an immune response.  If you have a fever, it's because your body is attempting to fight the illness.  Consequently, you feel like crap, which is actually a pretty good thing at least in the sense that it makes you want to lay in bed all day, which conserves energy and allows your immune system to do its thing as efficiently as possible.

When you have a mental illness (e.g. depression), there is a different type of immune response which may be described by some of the symptoms of depression I mentioned earlier.  However, they also have the effect of making you feel like crap, which is actually a good thing because, in an ideal world where we can freely choose when and how we address our problems, we most likely should be taking time to focus on ourselves in order to raise our awareness of the decisions we make which may cause or exacerbate mental illness so that we can likewise raise our awareness of ways we can better care for our mental state.  To this extent, Dank is generally correct.

However, we don't live in an ideal world, and we often don't get the chance to take as much time as we want when we want it to address anxiety and depression, or at least not without severe consequences.  We usually have so many other responsibilities that we simply don't have the luxury of dropping everything to take care of ourselves.  Additionally, when people do get time to themselves, most people do the wrong kinds of things.  I would define the 'wrong' kinds of things as passive/escapist activities like watching television, sleeping excessively, using drugs, etc.  Instead, active activities such as exercise, meditation or other relaxation techniques or therapeutic exercises, hobbies, reading, learning, etc. are what help us to grow and progress towards self-actualization.

But, if you have a depressed person who already feels run down and worn out, and who does not have the luxury of dropping all of their other responsibilities, the problem is that it isn't very likely that after attending to all of their other responsibilities they're already struggling to manage that they are going to be motivated to consistently do these "active" activities.  Instead, people usually resort to the passive activities I mentioned because they constantly feel like they need a break from everything.

So, for those people who don't have the discipline or capacity in their current mental state to both adequately fulfill their typical responsibilities and also adequately take care of themselves, antidepressants can help elevate a person's mood throughout the day so that they feel motivated and energized.  

In many cases where antidepressants fail and you see people struggling to ever ween off of them, the problem often isn't the antidepressant itself, but rather that people don't often take advantage of the increased motivation, energy, and optimism and apply it towards engaging in those more beneficial, active activities.  Contrarily, those who do are usually the ones you see who are successfully weened off their medications and continue to maintain a positive mental state by abiding by new, better habits instead of the older habits.

Note*: I'm generalizing throughout.

Our answer to problems is to blame the individual. If a fish is out of water don't put it back, but drive a cannula into its veins and pump it oxygenated blood. We treat people so they are functional in their environment, but maybe they should be dysfunctional, and maybe we shouldn't support that environment. Over one in ten Americans is on antidepressants I read. How did we ever cope in the past?
In the past we didn't live in a dysfunctional society.

Stumbled over an interesting theory recently. Apparently, an underdeveloped amygdala is correlated with mental issues, such as narcissism and an inability to properly judge risk. And the amygdala is stimulated by adversity. Thus, a safe society breeds insanity.

If this is true it would explain most of the problems in modern societies. The increasing number of people on prescription drugs, the rise in mental problems over the decades, the fact that global warming is not being laughed out of polite conversation, the focus on political correctness over facts.

It also follows that the younger someone is the more likely they are to be mentally handicapped in this manner. And since the mind becomes less malleable with age, one could hypothesize that past a certain age there is no helping them.

That's very interesting.  Do you know where you came across this theory?  I would love to take a look at it Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:49:35 PM

Let's say we are in a concentration camp, and many of the prisoners are suffering from depression. By administering antidepressants that interfere with the natural pathways in their brains, we are able to make them happier and fully functional, so they can continue the slave labour we have set them.  Perhaps the unspoken purpose of such medication is not to make people happier per se, but to make them compliant.

Some common symptoms of depression include:  loss of energy, oversleeping or insomnia, loss of appetite, decreased libido, social isolation and withdrawal,  lack of motivation and/or enjoyment going about your daily routine, increased uncontrolled substance abuse, etc.

When your body is sick with a cold or flu, it provides an immune response.  If you have a fever, it's because your body is attempting to fight the illness.  Consequently, you feel like crap, which is actually a pretty good thing at least in the sense that it makes you want to lay in bed all day, which conserves energy and allows your immune system to do its thing as efficiently as possible.

When you have a mental illness (e.g. depression), there is a different type of immune response which may be described by some of the symptoms of depression I mentioned earlier.  However, they also have the effect of making you feel like crap, which is actually a good thing because, in an ideal world where we can freely choose when and how we address our problems, we most likely should be taking time to focus on ourselves in order to raise our awareness of the decisions we make which may cause or exacerbate mental illness so that we can likewise raise our awareness of ways we can better care for our mental state.  To this extent, Dank is generally correct.

However, we don't live in an ideal world, and we often don't get the chance to take as much time as we want when we want it to address anxiety and depression, or at least not without severe consequences.  We usually have so many other responsibilities that we simply don't have the luxury of dropping everything to take care of ourselves.  Additionally, when people do get time to themselves, most people do the wrong kinds of things.  I would define the 'wrong' kinds of things as passive/escapist activities like watching television, sleeping excessively, using drugs, etc.  Instead, active activities such as exercise, meditation or other relaxation techniques or therapeutic exercises, hobbies, reading, learning, etc. are what help us to grow and progress towards self-actualization.

But, if you have a depressed person who already feels run down and worn out, and who does not have the luxury of dropping all of their other responsibilities, the problem is that it isn't very likely that after attending to all of their other responsibilities they're already struggling to manage that they are going to be motivated to consistently do these "active" activities.  Instead, people usually resort to the passive activities I mentioned because they constantly feel like they need a break from everything.

So, for those people who don't have the discipline or capacity in their current mental state to both adequately fulfill their typical responsibilities and also adequately take care of themselves, antidepressants can help elevate a person's mood throughout the day so that they feel motivated and energized.  

In many cases where antidepressants fail and you see people struggling to ever ween off of them, the problem often isn't the antidepressant itself, but rather that people don't often take advantage of the increased motivation, energy, and optimism and apply it towards engaging in those more beneficial, active activities.  Contrarily, those who do are usually the ones you see who are successfully weened off their medications and continue to maintain a positive mental state by abiding by new, better habits instead of the older habits.

Our answer to problems is to blame the individual. If a fish is out of water don't put it back, but drive a cannula into its veins and pump it oxygenated blood. We treat people so they are functional in their environment, but maybe they should be dysfunctional, and maybe we shouldn't support that environment. Over one in ten Americans is on antidepressants I read. How did we ever cope in the past?

Stumbled over an interesting theory recently. Apparently, an underdeveloped amygdala is correlated with mental issues, such as narcissism and an inability to properly judge risk. And the amygdala is stimulated by adversity. Thus, a safe society breeds insanity.

If this is true it would explain most of the problems in modern societies. The increasing number of people on prescription drugs, the rise in mental problems over the decades, the fact that global warming is not being laughed out of polite conversation, the focus on political correctness over facts.

It also follows that the younger someone is the more likely they are to be mentally handicapped in this manner. And since the mind becomes less malleable with age, one could hypothesize that past a certain age there is no helping them.

That's very interesting.  Do you know where you came across this theory?  I would love to take a look at it Smiley
I suspect you wouldn't like the source. But given your background, look up r/K selection theory and work your way from there.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

I suspect you wouldn't like the source. But given your background, look up r/K selection theory and work your way from there.

I don't care about the source inasmuch as I'm concerned about the merit of the ideas.  The source becomes more important to me if the ideas stem from methods that I don't fully understand.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:42:58 PM

I don't care about the source inasmuch as I'm concerned about the merit of the ideas.  The source becomes more important to me if the ideas stem from methods that I don't fully understand.
Alright. PM sent.

Daanie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:45:01 PM

It truly amazes me how a troll can get a discussion like this going. Applaus

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:16:58 AM

are you dutch or afrikans?
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 12:56:00 AM

It truly amazes me how a troll can get a discussion like this going. Applaus

Wisdom can't afford the luxury of assuming that someone claiming suicidal ideation is a troll.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:08:18 AM

Dude don't put your life in bitcoins or gambling, that's just stupid and will put your life at risk.

I recommend to sell the bitcoins back and live a normal life.
Samix

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:34:09 AM

All my life savings is in bitcoin , I even sold my son's bike to buy bitcoin.
My mental health is based on the btc market. So I'm very bipolar.
Today was a very depressed day , I tried to kill myself but now I'm a bit better.
For now I just lay in bed with a bottle of wisky trying to sleep.

Does anyone know if there is a small change we ever see 1000$ again?

thank you

dont put your whole earnings of life to btc lol

Juxt put some of your earnings to btc and dont gamble just save it !

and for now remember `just not to be yourself `  think about your family Smiley buddy
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 09:46:05 AM

Today was a very depressed day , I tried to kill myself but now I'm a bit better.

thank you

and for now remember `just not to be yourself `  think about your family Smiley buddy

He's trolling, so he didn't actually do it. :\ Look at the other posts he's made throughout the forum

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Samix

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:48:11 AM

thank you

He's trolling, so he didn't actually do it. :\ Look at the other posts he's made throughout the forum

ah juxt realized after the post Tongue
algo3

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:40:49 AM

thank you

yeah, most likely a typical troll
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 01:20:46 PM

thank you

yeah, most likely a typical troll

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 05:39:02 PM

thank you

ah juxt realized after the post Tongue

Props for being a good guy though Smiley People really shouldn't joke about suicide though.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Igdehi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:36:09 AM

I have a an advice for you...you shouldn't  bed rest but you should sell all your btc on the BTC market...maybe some people will buy them! GOOD LUCK!  Smiley
jodybay

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 09:42:10 AM

and now dank has become a preacher who was a drug user before lol
a lot of things happen here since i've left this forum
whats up guys

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: