Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are USD Withdrawals From Mt Gox to Dwolla Still Taking Weeks?  (Read 9812 times)
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 02:55:25 PM

Are USD withdrawals from Mt Gox to Dwolla still taking weeks? What's your latest experience in trying to do this type of USD withdrawal from Mt Gox?

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:44:05 PM

Hello EuSouBitcoin,

MtGox clarified some delay issues with this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88504.msg976490#msg976490

So I guess it all depends on the individual's situation.

epetroel

Activity: 431

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:12:48 AM

Yes.  I have several withdrawals queued up, all for relatively small amounts (less than $1000) and they have all been delayed by around 12-14 days or so before going through.

And I'm not a new account, been verified forever, and done around a hundred or so dwolla transfers with Gox over the past year or so.

So if there is anyone NOT having issues, I'd like to hear their secret Smiley
drlatino999

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:17:29 AM

Hello EuSouBitcoin,

MtGox clarified some delay issues with this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88504.msg976490#msg976490

So I guess it all depends on the individual's situation.

The post you quoted is about the issues with a wire, something not Dwolla related; maybe I missed it?

Sappers clear the way
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 09:24:03 PM

Bump

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2012, 10:19:24 PM

yes.. last withdrawal for me took 12 days.

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 01:10:56 AM

MtGox might be intentionally holding your $$ so they can put the $$ into some kind of interest paying investment.
I tried to withdraw $400, and it's been 3 days. Then I ask what happened, they said I need to have my account verified.
Their own FAQ stated that WITHOUT verification, one can withdraw up to $1000 a day. So how is $400 > $1000?Huh
I smell some sort of scam.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 02:32:03 AM

MtGox might be intentionally holding your $$ so they can put the $$ into some kind of interest paying investment.
I tried to withdraw $400, and it's been 3 days. Then I ask what happened, they said I need to have my account verified.
Their own FAQ stated that WITHOUT verification, one can withdraw up to $1000 a day. So how is $400 > $1000?Huh

Guys... we already replied to this question again and again and again. Please make sure to read carefully what we post. We are still waiting for Dwolla to give us a "Green Light" and continue to work with them. Since we do not have any reply from them after sending them all the necessary documentation we want to play safe. They can at anytime close or account and freeze any funds on it. To avoid this problem we are carefully monitoring the account and asked for people to be verified.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
ReginaldBuxley

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 04:18:39 AM

Guys... we already replied to this question again and again and again. Please make sure to read carefully what we post. We are still waiting for Dwolla to give us a "Green Light" and continue to work with them. Since we do not have any reply from them after sending them all the necessary documentation we want to play safe. They can at anytime close or account and freeze any funds on it. To avoid this problem we are carefully monitoring the account and asked for people to be verified.

Update your FAQ?
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:44:54 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2012, 03:57:25 PM by chungenhung

And how long does it take for withdrawals for verified accounts?
You made it sound like it doesn't matter if accounts are verified at MtGox or not. It sounded that Dwolla haven't reply to MtGox requests.
"Since we do not have any reply from them after sending them all the necessary documentation we want to play safe"

If Dwolla is not coorporating with MtGox, then you guys need to REMOVE Dwolla as one of your withdraw methods. Apparently, Dwolla withdrawals doesn't work. Having Dwolla listed as one of the withdraw methods is very misleading. I only traded b/c I thought I could withdraw easily via Dwolla.
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:52:18 PM

Why don't MtGox simply offer ACH withdrawals?
What other methods can one get USD out of MtGox besides WIRE?
If there's no easy way to move USD out, then I am sure MtGox is losing customers fast.
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 03:57:07 PM

"They can at anytime close or account and freeze any funds on it."

This definitely seems like withdrawing USD from Mt Gox via Dwolla is a crap shoot. Your USD could get frozen for an indefinite period of time. No thanks. I'm taking my BTC and USD to another exchange.

EuSouBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 10:46:49 PM

"Guys... we already replied to this question again and again and again. Please make sure to read carefully what we post. We are still waiting for Dwolla to give us a "Green Light" and continue to work with them. Since we do not have any reply from them after sending them all the necessary documentation we want to play safe. They can at anytime close or account and freeze any funds on it. To avoid this problem we are carefully monitoring the account and asked for people to be verified. "

Any idea on when you expect to receive a reply from Dwolla and when withdrawals to Dwolla might start to happen in a more timely manner? Or is this like waiting for your physical issue of Bitcoin magazine to arrive?

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 27, 2012, 11:18:18 PM

Or is this like waiting for your physical issue of Bitcoin magazine to arrive?
Huh

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:06:23 AM

If you are still waiting for Dwolla to give you the green light, then why is Dwolla still listed as a withdraw method??
Your statement sounds like MtGox are not processing ANY Dwolla withdrawals until Dwolla specifically reply to your requests. Is that correct??
chungenhung
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:11:42 AM

How do you explain the fact that DeathAndTexas WIRE withdrawal took over 19 days? More excuses?
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:38:07 AM

How do you explain the fact that DeathAndTexas WIRE withdrawal took over 19 days? More excuses?

I believe that things have been explained over and over and over, you are frustrated, for good reasons, but please try to understand what we announce. We are carefully monitoring the flow of money on Dwolla to not be caught in bad situation. Until Dwolla say otherwise we are still allowed to use their services. Having AML of people using Dwolla is also a good way to protect you guys using the service, if tomorrow they abruptly close our account and freeze funds we will have all your contact details handy to give your back your funds.

We do not give more excuse, we do not fabricate them neither, but you have to understand what Bitcoin is and how Banks, Financial authorities, Governments and others think about Bitcoin, they definitively do not love it! So in this rather unique situation you have to understand that sometimes some delays could happen.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 08:59:00 PM

My account is verified.  It took 9 days last time, up to day 7 now for latest one, so not quite weeks unless you add in the dwolla to bank delay. I think Gox is doing the best they can, it's just not good enough for me. There are faster and cheaper options now for anyone in the US.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:46:40 AM

My account is verified.  It took 9 days last time, up to day 7 now for latest one, so not quite weeks unless you add in the dwolla to bank delay. I think Gox is doing the best they can, it's just not good enough for me. There are faster and cheaper options now for anyone in the US.

Debating using CampBX for the ACH option for large sells myself.

Sappers clear the way
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:50:43 AM

I've already switched to a mix of CBX and bitfloor for the time being. I haven't written off MtGox totally, but I won't be using them until this stuff seems to be a little clearer.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: