Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 300k Bitcoins moved in one block  (Read 3602 times)
escalicha (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:51:22 PM

Block https://blockchain.info/es/

Bearwhale? No dubt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:57:02 PM

unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:58:24 PM

Do you mean this block?

https://blockchain.info/block-index/515643/000000000000000010f2f17182a341605b7d810f00f01bcf32d13c693ad040e1

This address from it seems to be a whale's.

https://blockchain.info/address/1JoktQJhCzuCQkt3GnQ8Xddcq4mUgNyXEa

Total Received   217,517.6465 BTC   

Final Balance   133,517.6461 BTC
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:01:04 AM

Exchange owned wallet?

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:01:47 AM

Exchange owned wallet?

Recent blocks Found By Unknown with 1AcAj9p Address

Looks to me like a pool

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

Can you imagine, a world where the whole economy stands under the intense fear of instant collapse each time a large financial transaction takes place?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:08:52 AM

Can you imagine, a world where the whole economy stands under the intense fear of instant collapse each time a large financial transaction takes place?

Yes. Yes I can

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:10:01 AM

Another flaw in Bitcoin recognized. Thanks for your sobering comment ^^.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:10:06 AM

Yes. Yes I can

Well that's stupid.

I can't.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:13:24 AM

Yes. Yes I can

Well that's stupid.

I can't.

Well, I don't know. Maybe you need to imagine harder?

/troll-mode off

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:19:29 AM

Block https://blockchain.info/es/

Bearwhale? No dubt

Karpeles moving "stolen" coins.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:48:19 AM

Why must I explain myself every time I move some of my coins?

Because the economy depends on knowing everyone's business. Sounds like a government now  Tongue

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:02:56 AM

Did anyone assume this can be used for margin & bought up as a long position worth over BTC1million
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:03:52 AM

^ For the idiots who might say it can be used for a short position... Please understand shorts must be bought back at a later time & this will cause an insane pop & short squeeze!!
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:34:56 AM

^ For the idiots who might say it can be used for a short position... Please understand shorts must be bought back at a later time & this will cause an insane pop & short squeeze!!

Sell (short) half of the coins now at 330 causing a crash, buy the other half of the coins from yourself at a much lower price with the money from selling the first half (closing your shorts) and enjoy insane profits. Duh!

Although I highly doubt this will happen, but don't call people idiots if you yourself are one, because this can be in fact used to short without causing a short squeeze.
GÜNther.Danish

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:57:07 AM

I bet that this address is one organization or company
fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:57:11 AM

Sell (short) half of the coins now at 330 causing a crash, buy the other half of the coins from yourself at a much lower price with the money from selling the first half (closing your shorts) and enjoy insane profits. Duh!

Although I highly doubt this will happen, but don't call people idiots if you yourself are one, because this can be in fact used to short without causing a short squeeze.

How is that more profitable than using margin to buy long positions at market price, get BTC to an insanely high number in which most shorts are going to get squeezed and closed out meaning it goes wayyy high and than buyers who feel they missed out jump on board...

or consider what you said, crash the price all the way down, everyone gets scarred shitless and sells, multiple exchanges close and everyone trys to close their accounts and withdraw at once... but hey you get to rebuy your worthless coins way down below? Now you have no upside because you literally destroyed the market you were hoping to catch upside in? "DUH!" Just the fact you said short HALF the coins tells me you don't trade and have no idea what margin is. Selling half short and buying half at a lower price is called a hedge... that would be considered a safe way to invest not make profits. Who is still in bitcoin to NOT profit? let's be serious... You have proven to leave this conversation as way more of an idiot than you were coming in!

This isn't the stock market, this isn't google, you make no sense, you have no idea how to trade, think before you type, goodnight.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:06:52 AM

How is that more profitable than using margin to buy long positions at market price, get BTC to an insanely high number in which most shorts are going to get squeezed and closed out meaning it goes wayyy high and than buyers who feel they missed out jump on board...

or consider what you said, crash the price all the way down, everyone gets scarred shitless and sells, multiple exchanges close and everyone trys to close their accounts and withdraw at once... but hey you get to rebuy your worthless coins way down below? Now you have no upside because you literally destroyed the market you were hoping to catch upside in? "DUH!" Just the fact you said short HALF the coins tells me you don't trade and have no idea what margin is. Selling half short and buying half at a lower price is called a hedge... that would be considered a safe way to invest not make profits. Who is still in bitcoin to NOT profit? let's be serious... You have proven to leave this conversation as way more of an idiot than you were coming in!

This isn't the stock market, this isn't google, you make no sense, you have no idea how to trade, think before you type, goodnight.

Well given that this thread is about someone with a bunch of coins, how in the hell are they going to buy more coins WITH COINS and go margin long? This is someone with coins, the only way to profit with ONLY COINS would be to short! I didn't say this was a smart move, if you read, I said I doubt this would ever happen (due to liquidity). I just wanted to point out that you called people idiots in advance for thinking this could be used as a short, and you said some rubbish about why it couldn't , when it actually could. So calm down tard!

Oh wait I remember you, you started all those threads not knowing what market cap was and that money was flowing out of bitcoin! The last sentence you wrote reminded me of you, the one who argues with no valid points, calls people idiots when they were in fact correct, and you were wrong all along, and your best comeback was to tell them to go educate themselves when in fact you have the mind of 13 6 year old.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:20:13 AM

Well given that this thread is about someone with a bunch of coins, how in the hell are they going to buy more coins WITH COINS and go margin long? This is someone with coins, the only way to profit with ONLY COINS would be to short! I didn't say this was a smart move, if you read, I said I doubt this would ever happen (due to liquidity). I just wanted to point out that you called people idiots in advance for thinking this could be used as a short, and you said some rubbish about why it couldn't , when it actually could. So calm down tard!

Oh wait I remember you, you started all those threads not knowing what market cap was and that money was flowing out of bitcoin! The last sentence you wrote reminded me of you, the one who argues with no valid points, calls people idiots when they were in fact correct, and you were wrong all along, and your best comeback was to tell them to go educate themselves when in fact you have the mind of 13 6 year old.

On BFX you can leverage long with BTC as your collateral. Then your tradable balance grows with price, and you profit from both the collateral and the long position (which also must be sold at some point)

fewcoins

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:22:15 AM

Wow you proved my point again... you are in fact an idiot... you have no idea how margin or trading in general works! You should be banned from this section before you make people lose money... You probably lost all yours already... Please stop typing before you look like more of an idiot! "so calm down tard" hahhahah
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: