Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 300k Bitcoins moved in one block  (Read 3601 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:51:53 PM

If he dumps them like the bearwhale it's our business because it affects us.

So what? It's a free market.

Every one is free to sell or buy a huge load of coins in one go whenever they want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

But unloading onto an illiquid market is stupidity.  Maybe there is something important happening in the background, like a new exchange or the etf getting prepared to trade.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/8f1d3a8ef6b2d4a25d2f499279e01518b4770819ccbc39a765c4c326170c61b3

Why can't I find the inputs for the transaction in this? Does blockchain.info no longer display that?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 07:48:07 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 07:59:24 PM by ElectricMucus

Can you imagine, a world where the whole economy stands under the intense fear of instant collapse each time a large financial transaction takes place?

Yes. Yes I can

Well that's stupid.

I can't.

Can you imagine a world where the solution to the problem you imply is simply not knowing if and when large financial transactions are taking place?

The real world - The less you know, the happier you are!

Yes I think nobody should know about any financial transactions except the own. A superior cryptographic payment system to Bitcoin should have that property.
I even go further, I wish that no amount of any data anybody generates is available to anybody else unless it's made available on purpose. - To the extent that contracts waving away these rights are completely unenforceable, not by law but by systematics.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:06:32 AM

https://blockchain.info/tx/8f1d3a8ef6b2d4a25d2f499279e01518b4770819ccbc39a765c4c326170c61b3

Why can't I find the inputs for the transaction in this? Does blockchain.info no longer display that?

Probably was really good photoshop!  Cry
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:08:03 PM

Probably was really good photoshop!  Cry

Nope.    Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:57:05 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 12:21:33 AM by hyphymikey

And I still want you to permanently leave this forum after I break it down in slow English for you...

Please let me know which exchange has the liquidity to go long with 300K btc, even 2:1 leverage... I never said that shorting was more profitable than whatever your strategy is, I was just saying that your strategy is impossible with this amount of coins because no exchange has that much fiat to borrow to go long with. So I'm not sure what you want to bet on. Like I said, if there is an exchange that has 200 million usd (2:1 leverage) in fiat to borrow I will bow to defeat and leave this forum. But I know you won't tell me because you always find a way around the true discussion like you did in your market cap thread (millions flowing out of bitcoin)

I'll be back after Christmas to see how you try to get out of this one too.
fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:25:20 PM

^ For the idiots who might say it can be used for a short position... Please understand shorts must be bought back at a later time & this will cause an insane pop & short squeeze!!

Sell (short) half of the coins now at 330 causing a crash, buy the other half of the coins from yourself at a much lower price with the money from selling the first half (closing your shorts) and enjoy insane profits. Duh!

Although I highly doubt this will happen, but don't call people idiots if you yourself are one, because this can be in fact used to short without causing a short squeeze.

How is that more profitable than using margin to buy long positions at market price, get BTC to an insanely high number in which most shorts are going to get squeezed and closed out meaning it goes wayyy high and than buyers who feel they missed out jump on board...

or consider what you said, crash the price all the way down, everyone gets scarred shitless and sells, multiple exchanges close and everyone trys to close their accounts and withdraw at once... but hey you get to rebuy your worthless coins way down below? Now you have no upside because you literally destroyed the market you were hoping to catch upside in? "DUH!" Just the fact you said short HALF the coins tells me you don't trade and have no idea what margin is. Selling half short and buying half at a lower price is called a hedge... that would be considered a safe way to invest not make profits. Who is still in bitcoin to NOT profit? let's be serious... You have proven to leave this conversation as way more of an idiot than you were coming in!

This isn't the stock market, this isn't google, you make no sense, you have no idea how to trade, think before you type, goodnight.

Well given that this thread is about someone with a bunch of coins, how in the hell are they going to buy more coins WITH COINS and go margin long? This is someone with coins, the only way to profit with ONLY COINS would be to short! I didn't say this was a smart move, if you read, I said I doubt this would ever happen (due to liquidity). I just wanted to point out that you called people idiots in advance for thinking this could be used as a short, and you said some rubbish about why it couldn't , when it actually could. So calm down tard!

Oh wait I remember you, you started all those threads not knowing what market cap was and that money was flowing out of bitcoin! The last sentence you wrote reminded me of you, the one who argues with no valid points, calls people idiots when they were in fact correct, and you were wrong all along, and your best comeback was to tell them to go educate themselves when in fact you have the mind of 13 6 year old.

Wow you proved my point again... you are in fact an idiot... you have no idea how margin or trading in general works! You should be banned from this section before you make people lose money... You probably lost all yours already... Please stop typing before you look like more of an idiot! "so calm down tard" hahhahah

Ok what was I wrong about? What point of yours did I prove right? There you go again with no valid points, straight to insults and dumb as shit like always! Its the same shit from you in every thread. And no I didn't lose mine already, I am willing to bet I have 10 times more coins than you.

I made everything bold...How are you really that blind to what you are saying???
Let me just say you probably have no idea how many coins are in the system, you probably don't even have 100 coins and you are talking about betting LOL get lost man

I have well over 100 coins sir. I have a few 100 coin casascius bars actually, just check my post history. There is 13.6XX millions coins in the system. Anything else?

There would be no short squeeze if I put up a wall with my 2nd half of coins, and then closed my short into my wall. The price would only rise 1 cent, or less if nobody got in the way. Shorting half and then buying the other half is a hedge only if you don't know where the price is going, but I in fact know the price is going down because when I short, there is sure to be a crash. So lets just say (hypothetically, not using any valid order books for this example) I sold the first half (100k btc) and dropped the price to 200, I went short at 10:1 leverage. I shorted 100K coins, so now I am in a profit of 100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop. Total profit before closing out my short is 100 million. Now, I put up a wall of 100K btc at 200.01 and I close my 100K btc short without a squeeze. Profit 100 million.

I have done this numerous times, but on a much smaller scale obviously, and I profited each time. So for you to say this wouldn't work, is 100% false.

LOLOL! You don't even know what a short squeeze is! A short squeeze happens as the price rises lmfaoooo what are you talking about hahahah this scenario you have in your head that you have NEVER done but claim you have is just HILARIOUS!

The fact you even calculate like this "100K coins X 10 leverage X $100 drop" instead of 1million coins X $100 proves that you have never traded using leverage.
I understand what you're trying to say even though you're saying it all wrong... but you're trying to prove shorting is more profitable than the way I mentioned but it isn't! You even keep mentioning about half the coins this way half the coins that way! You can use all of the coins one way until you want to change directions completely! Using leverage with my strategy literally has thousands of percent more profit than yours & yours might literally just wipe people away form BTC completely!

Please for the last time, stop making yourself look so dumb!!!

WHAT YOU SAID MAKES NO SENSE DUDE, WHO CARES IF I WANT TO GO A x B x C = X, I MADE IT SIMPLE FOR SIMPLE MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU... YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE MAKING YOURSELF LOOK STUPID.

YOU HAVE YET TO SHOW US YOUR STRATEGY, THAT WILL MAKE YOU SO MUCH MONEY. I JUST POSTED MINE, AND IF YOU CANT DO FUCKING SIMPLE MATH I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU KID.

SHOW ME YOUR STRATEGY, AND ON WHICH EXCHANGE THAT HAS ENOUGH LIQUIDITY TO DO IT, AND HOW IT IS BETTER AND I WILL LEAVE THIS FORUM FOR GOOD!

LOL@ CAPS LOCK !!!

Dude how many times do you want me to type the same thing before you understand.......
OK so you want an example using 10k btc??? So lets say you have 10K coins & will use 10:1 leverage in your example

This means you have control over 100K coins!

Which you shouldn't be using as half and half as you say because then you're only making a move half as big, which automatically means my move is more profitable since I am all in one direction & your move is half (read more on this below)
So now even if there wasn't enough liquidity to provide a market order in one shot they will keep giving you liquidity as you are creating short squeezes which make them tons of money too! OR of course with 10K coins you wouldn't want them all on one exchange (which is what all market makers are doing right now, hence why the markets move up/down at the same times) right??? So how the hell you wouldn't have enough liquidity is beyond me especially with a little BTC10K stash

Any more questions about part 1??

Now witht he margin account controlling over BTC100K coins you are literally buying up the order books causing thousands of people to literally lose their entire accounts overnight... Probably bringing the price to an unseen amount! Anyone using margin even a very little bit of it will be liquidated with the insane spike you & all the other permabulls who are thinking they missed the ship just caused. Now you have an entire market of people to sell coins too because they are willing to buy them!!! At a fabulously high price that you caused!!! Especially as you bought tens of thousands of them at a way lower price than the market price you just caused... Market makers even sell coins back and forth to themselves at the height of the bubble just to register higher prices when the day closes and/or to make the candle stick charts show insane strength... This is why just to make the rally look more legit they can spread out the sales and slowly make more bulls buy in to make the price way higher and profit even more on the way up & then sell to buyers willing to pay your price (this is a big one, read more below)

Any more questions about part 2?

The price rising or falling is simply just a quote of the last traded price (which when you're one of the biggest buyers & sellers YOU control)

Any more questions about part 3?

Let me explain what you are saying is more profitable than the above strategy... You are trying to say short 50K coins (which would bring the price down to a redic amount) then close that short into your "wall" of another 50K coins at that stupid low level of probably a buck... Buy up all the bitcoin you can & now you are stuck with 100K coins at a stupid low price that you can probably never sell for a reasonable amount again! The only reason why you even made profit off covering the first short is because your dumb ass was there to buy it again... Now that you did and are stuck with a bunch of coins at a low price instead of my strategy being stuck with a bunch of coins at a high price... What are you going to hope people buy the price back up for you to profit???

Any more questions about part 4???

As I have been saying I know you do not trade, I know you do not use leverage, I know you don't have plenty coins, and I know you can't think
I actually do this man... you do NOT
Take a seat, _/ and never post in this section again or just leave permanently like you said... Bitcoin is better off without idiots like you!
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:01:22 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 02:47:35 AM by hyphymikey

I do trade, and I do use leverage. I must admit I have not had much schooling other than the few economics and business managements classes I had to take in college for my engineering degree. And I have only traded with bitcoin, and lost about 500btc in the beginning using leverage, but that was not a big percentage of my holdings, so no love lost with margin trading. After learning on my own, I am far in the green now, and I'm pretty sure I have more bitcoins than most, and probably more than you (just a wild guess because I do not know you, but then again you don't know me either). The amount of coins I own was all I was willing to bet on, not on the fact of whose strategy is better. You can go through my previous posts and I never once said that my strategy was better, thats your big head putting words in my mouth. In fact I said I would never short this amount of coins, and this probably wasn't going to happen. I was just saying that it is in fact possible, when you were saying it wasn't! You have just been running your mouth like a big shot, and not even reading what I'm saying lol.

Also, all you did was tell me how to trade with 10K bitcoins, which is nothing. This thread is talking about 300K btc, not 10K. There are what 5 or 6 exchanges that let you trade with leverage? Put all those together and they still won't have over 100 million USD to borrow, so I don't think spreading everything over exchanges will work like you say, everyone knows about slippage but there still isn't enough funds available for use. I'm also not sure where these exchanges will just suddenly come up with the extra money for you to go long with over 100 million like you say, unless they are like Gox. Just because I am making them a few percent, doesn't mean that all adds up to over 100 million for me to borrow eventually. This 100 million is only 1:1, I am giving you the smallest option available because I know they don't have 250 to 300 million for using something like 2.5:1 or 3:1.

Lets just say there was just enough funds on exchanges to pull this off, the order books are so thin, even on the ask side, that once I got to the point where I have bought, say 70% of my coins, each new coin bought would push the price up way to much due to slippage. By the time I got all my buying done I would have wiped out the ask side completely, even the shorts that got squeezed would not be enough for what I need to buy. You know what the next sell price would be after I am done buying? Something far lower than what I just spent on my last 30% of coins. Oh shit, I am out of fiat to keep the price propped up, so down comes the price, back to its "fair market value" which is what people where buying and selling at before I started accumulating. So I spent all my money using all my margin and bought every coin available, and my average price is in 1000s, the price would immediately fall back down, and now I am stuck with a bunch of coins that are worth a lot less than I paid for them. This would be the equivalent of funding the willy bot (with leverage) and watching the price crash like the last bubble (when my funds run out).

You have proven yourself wise, but you still haven't proven to me where I can go long with 300k btc which is the main point, so sorry bud, I'm not going anywhere.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:46:50 PM

Click on 'show scripts and coinbase' on the right and it will show the individual inputs and outputs. By default it only shows the input and output addresses (probably because most people do not have advanced enough knowledge to understand what the inputs means)

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀