Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The single biggest thing that will bring Bitcoin to the mainstream in 2015  (Read 3819 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 02:43:56 PM

People getting paid in Bitcoin.

Using bitwage.co, starting in 2015 I will get 100% of my paycheck in bitcoins.

2014 was the year of big companies accepting bitcoin but converting those to fiat. 2015 will see more and more people choosing to get all or part of their paycheck in bitcoin.

There has always been a chicken and egg problem with Bitcoin. Merchants won't accept it because people don't spend it, people don't spend it because merchants don't accept it. People getting paid in bitcoin will push the spending part.

If by the end of 2015 there are 10-20,000 people getting paid in Bitcoin that is a huge steady stream of fiat to bitcoins, setting up 2016 to be huge with the halving.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:47:58 PM

it's few months i'm considering to ask the company i work for to pay me in bitcoins instead of euro (i work in europe)
today i found out bitwage, i wonder if european companies can actually do this and if yes i wonder how easy is bitwage to use (for both parties)

do you have experience with it? any feedback from workers / employers ?
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

it's few months i'm considering to ask the company i work for to pay me in bitcoins instead of euro (i work in europe)
today i found out bitwage, i wonder if european companies can actually do this and if yes i wonder how easy is bitwage to use (for both parties)

do you have experience with it? any feedback from workers / employers ?

I just started using it. In the US most of us get paid via Direct Deposit into our bank account. To make this happen we give our company our bank account number and they make a deposit on pay day.

bitwage asks for your payroll company and some information about you, then they give you their direct deposit number to use. By getting your information, when they get a deposit into their account they can look at the source and see that it is for you. They then convert it to bitcoins and send it to your address.

I guess something similar could be done if you use your IBAN for deposit. I am impressed by the way they figured it out.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 02:53:30 PM

I am interested to know whether or not the CIYAM Open model of working (on tasks rather than for a single employer) is something you have or would consider?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:56:38 PM

2014 was the year of big companies accepting bitcoin but converting those to fiat. 2015 will see more and more people choosing to get all or part of their paycheck in bitcoin.

There has always been a chicken and egg problem with Bitcoin. Merchants won't accept it because people don't spend it, people don't spend it because merchants don't accept it. People getting paid in bitcoin will push the spending part.

If by the end of 2015 there are 10-20,000 people getting paid in Bitcoin that is a huge steady stream of fiat to bitcoins, setting up 2016 to be huge with the halving.

If this project can fly, the impact might be huge. It'll solve the classic price drop problem due to large dumping as this will work as a counter force for price rise.

astrobitcoin

Activity: 134

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

I guess something similar could be done if you use your IBAN for deposit. I am impressed by the way they figured it out.

ye i guess so,
but bitwage seems usa-oriented. i hope a similar service will pop-up in europe sometime soon and i can finally get rid of bank account
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

I am interested to know whether or not the CIYAM Open model of working (on tasks rather than for a single employer) is something you have or would consider?

I have certainly used it for my website to some extent. I hired a few people via Freelancer to do specific tasks. From an employer it is good because you can hire for one thing you want done and not have to pay when you don't need work done. Though from an employee's point of view it is more difficult because you spend a lot of time searching for your next job.

I work in the contracting world. There are two types of workers in this world. Someone who gets hired on for a short amount of time to help complete a specific task and someone who works for a company that gets contracts and assigns it to their employees. The person who works short term for specific tasks tends to get paid about 2 or 3 times the amount of the regular employee, but they also have to take on the risk of not finding another contract, paying for their own health care, retirement, etc. The regular employee will take a lower pay but they usually have a stable job for a few years with benefits.

I don't think too many people would want to work doing specific tasks. But with the low employment rate, they might not have a choice.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:03:34 PM

ye i guess so,
but bitwage seems usa-oriented. i hope a similar service will pop-up in europe sometime soon and i can finally get rid of bank account

Or you can start one in europe Wink

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

I work in the contracting world. There are two types of workers in this world. Someone who gets hired on for a short amount of time to help complete a specific task and someone who works for a company that gets contracts and assigns it to their employees.hey might not have a choice.

Agreed - I was a contractor for many years and I created CIYAM Open as actually that is the way I am comfortable to work.

From the dibber's perspective the main issue is the number of project tasks that are available - so this is again a "chicken and egg" problem.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:11:15 PM

I work in the contracting world. There are two types of workers in this world. Someone who gets hired on for a short amount of time to help complete a specific task and someone who works for a company that gets contracts and assigns it to their employees.hey might not have a choice.

Agreed - I was a contractor for many years and I created CIYAM Open as actually that is the way I am comfortable to work.

From the dibber's perspective the main issue is the number of project tasks that are available - so this is again a "chicken and egg" problem.

I would not do well. I am only good at spurts of productivity. So I need a cozy job that lets me post on bitcointalk all day until something big comes up while still getting paid Tongue

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:14:30 PM

I would not do well. I am only good at spurts of productivity. So I need a cozy job that lets me post on bitcointalk all day until something big comes up while still getting paid Tongue

Hmm... well maybe if the tasks have big enough rewards then those spurts can see you through times of inactivity without going broke in the meantime - but thanks for the honesty (that does help me to understand why the concept is perhaps *ahead of its time*).

cheekychap

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

I think a lot of people are not ready to be paid in bitcoin because of the volatility.
That is the only big drawback which demotivates people from investing into bitcoin.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:19:49 PM

I think a lot of people are not ready to be paid in bitcoin because of the volatility.
That is the only big drawback which demotivates people from investing into bitcoin.

Even 5-10% of your paycheck would be a good way to get started.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:28:43 PM

Hmm... well maybe if the tasks have big enough rewards then those spurts can see you through times of inactivity without going broke in the meantime - but thanks for the honesty (that does help me to understand why the concept is perhaps *ahead of its time*).

There needs to be a larger collection of available job types. Bitcoin can't advance unless you can be something like a common retail employee or construction worker and get paid in btc.

The concept of getting people paid in btc is the best way to enlarge the user base. But how do get people that make a living playing with hammers and screwdrivers to take their pay in btc?

bitcoin_purist

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Fearless, except for those who are fearless

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:44:25 PM

Companies should pay workers in bitcoin
Goverments should accept is as means for taxation, not that I'm in favor for taxation, but that battle cannot be won, ever.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 03:50:44 PM

There needs to be a larger collection of available job types. Bitcoin can't advance unless you can be something like a common retail employee or construction worker and get paid in btc.

The concept of getting people paid in btc is the best way to enlarge the user base. But how do get people that make a living playing with hammers and screwdrivers to take their pay in btc?

They can. I work for a US defense contractor, do you think they would ever start paying in bitcoins? Not likely.

But with a company like bitwage.co I can get paid in bitcoins without my company needing to know anything about Bitcoin.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

can Europeans get paid?

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 04:10:56 PM

can Europeans get paid?

Looks like they only do ACH.

btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

I am much better with just a portion being paid in btc. I would be scared to scramble to convert btc to USD in order to pay the mortgage. Again that goes to what your saying cause if bank of america accepted btc for my mortgage payment that would solve that problem.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:15:13 PM

They can. I work for a US defense contractor, do you think they would ever start paying in bitcoins? Not likely.

But with a company like bitwage.co I can get paid in bitcoins without my company needing to know anything about Bitcoin.

Interesting, I almost wish I wasn't retired so I could set it up. Almost  Wink

But you're a techie guy, how do you get the contractors, retail workers and everyone else to do it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: