Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Accept Bitcoin?  (Read 19676 times)
mizerydearia (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 06:59:27 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2010, 07:32:45 AM by mizerydearia

Do you accept Bitcoin?

Not at this time / No determined interest
Ctrl+Alt+Del / SplitReason.com
DeviantArt
NewEgg
ThinkGeek.com
xkcd

No response
bandcamp.com
ipredator.se
Penny Arcade
PokerStars.com
Saturday Morning Breakfast club

Not contacted yet
AppleGeeks.com
Cyanide & Happiness
Etsy.com
Girls With Slingshots (mention donations in Bitcoin)
MegaGear.com
Topatoco.com

Notes:
- I realize asking same question "Do you accept Bitcoin?" over and over seems repetitive and is also obvious (in most/all) cases that it is not accepted.  However it is a simple, short question that may be useful to introducing Bitcoin without writing too much.  KISS in effect.

Update: Perhaps I can pursue another approach besides asking if Bitcoin are accepted; something informational presenting Bitcoin; something similar to http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=804.0  Actually, I think asking if they accept Bitcoin is helpful enough to introduce existence of Bitcoin and potentially incentivize researching without any expressed effort on my part.  It is also likely that by asking or otherwise mentioning Bitcoin from only one person or a couple persons will not produce enough incentive to do anything about it, but if enough interrest is accumulated, perhaps then there will be more consideration to establish accepting Bitcoin.  I, for one, would put forth extra effort to buy things simply because of acceptance of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 07:04:15 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2010, 06:50:59 AM by mizerydearia

NewEgg

02:00:10 PM :  Connected with Vanna. Your reference number for this chat session is 1775513.
02:00:10 PM :  Hello my name is Vanna. How may I help you today?
02:00:34 PM : Mizery De Aria: Do you accept Bitcoins as payment for your products/services?
02:01:48 PM : Vanna: I would be glad to assist you with that. Our payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. You can also pay using Newegg Preferred Account, Newegg Gift Card, Bill Me Later, Paypal, Check, or Money Order. Please be advised that no international credit cards are accepted and Canadian credit cards can only be used on Newegg.ca.
02:02:43 PM : Mizery De Aria: Do you know if there is any consideration or research into potentially accepting Bitcoins for payment for your products/services?
02:03:43 PM : Vanna: Is it a kind of credit card?
02:05:00 PM : Mizery De Aria: No, it is a peer-to-peer network based digital currency. http://bitcoin.org

04:04:51 PM :  Connected with Sophie. Your reference number for this chat session is 1776033.
04:04:51 PM :  Hello my name is Sophie. How may I help you today?
04:05:04 PM : Mizery De Aria: I lost my connection to previous chat session 1775513
04:05:30 PM : Mizery De Aria: My last message that I sent was "No, it is a peer-to-peer network based digital currency. http://bitcoin.org" and I missed everything that was said afterwards. Are you able to relay what I missed?
04:07:21 PM : Sophie: I would be glad to further assist you since your chat was disconnected with Vanna. How may I assist you with?
04:07:45 PM : Mizery De Aria: Are you able to relay any messages she had sent to me that I missed?
04:08:27 PM : Sophie: She sent you nothing as your chat was discounted.
04:08:36 PM : Sophie: disconnected*
04:08:50 PM : Mizery De Aria: Okay.
04:09:04 PM : Mizery De Aria: I will ask again with you then.
4:09:05 PM : Mizery De Aria: Do you accept Bitcoins as payment for your products/services?
04:10:02 PM : Sophie: Our payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. You can also pay using Newegg Preferred Account, Newegg Gift Card, Bill Me Later, Paypal, Check, or Money Order. Please be advised that no international credit cards are accepted and Canadian credit cards, Paypal and American Express can only be used on Newegg.ca.
04:10:34 PM : Mizery De Aria: Do you know if there is any consideration or research into potentially accepting Bitcoins for payment for your products/services?
04:11:57 PM : Sophie: Unfortunately, we are not given such information. Once Bitcoins is considered as our payment, it will be posted on our site. You may check the site online.
04:13:58 PM : Mizery De Aria: I believe that is all other than one more question. Do you know which department I, or someone else, may contact to discuss future potential for accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment?
04:15:52 PM : Sophie: You can send an email to one of our customer service agent and we will forward it to our related team
04:16:32 PM : Sophie: My email address is Sophie.Y.Wang@newegg.com.
04:16:32 PM : Sophie: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
04:17:18 PM : Mizery De Aria: That is all. Thank you Sophie! ^_^

I followed up with an email:
To: Sophie.Y.Wang@newegg.com
Subject: Bitcoin

Hello Sophie,

Sophie: You can send an email to one of our customer service agent and we will forward it to our related team

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10863#msg10863

Sincerely,
Mizery

Response:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for this information. I have forwarded your email to our related department to consider. If interested, they will most likely contact you at the email address you wrote us from.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Your friend from Newegg,
Sophie Wang

Dear Customer,

I was informed by our related department that at the present time we are not looking for any new payment options. Thank you for your suggestion.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Your friend from Newegg,
Sophie Wang
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 07:14:20 PM

Nice work, and a wonderful start.  I wonder what would happen if a bunch of us started to do the same thing at Newegg.  Would a number of geeks looking to buy via Bitcoins get their attention?

I would also like to read the remainder of the conversation, if you are willing to share it.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 07:16:59 PM

Gah, I am experiencing such horrendous system lag and instability that I lost the connection and will try again once I figure out what is causing my system to fail.
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 07:38:36 PM

I suggested bitcoin as a means of currency to pokerstars.com. They have 5 million free tables, why not have a couple bitcoin tables?

Here was the response, probably nothing comes of it:

----

Dear Valued Player,

Thank you for your email.

We always strive to make PokerStars the best poker site on the web. In order
to achieve this goal, we welcome the suggestions and feedback from all of
our valued players.

That is why we have already forwarded your email to the department in charge
for consideration.

We thank you for your support and cooperation towards making PokerStars the
number one poker site available.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact us again.

Regards,

Carlos M
PokerStars Support Team

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 07:53:41 PM

I suggested bitcoin as a means of currency to pokerstars.com. They have 5 million free tables, why not have a couple bitcoin tables?

Looks like a standard email response form to me.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 08:03:25 PM

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 08:25:09 PM

Not to mention pokerstars is notoriously slow for adopting new things. Their affiliate program took forever to offer rake and still do not allow them to offer rakeback. Granted they are the fastest and most stable with IMHO the best cashout procedure. A better option might be the Merge Network(Carbon poker is one of the skins of many) and/or FullTilt for quick adoption.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 09:30:57 PM

ipredator.se

Email sent
Do you accept Bitcoin payment for your services?  If not, then you should consider it!

http://bitcoin.org
irc.freenode.net / #bitcoin-dev

hint: Winnar is me.
1: I had contacted ipredator.se
1: no response from ipredator.se
2: hrm... too bad. but maybe they're thinking about it... or maybe your email went to spam.
3: ill just be very patient then or something
2: 1: here's a suggestion: make a nice writeup about how great of a match bitcoin+ipredator would be... and try submitting it as an article to slashdot.
1: I am contemplating something like that, but I would like assistance in the write up ^_^
1: And not just for ipredator, but for others too.
2: hm yea
2: 1: well if you do the first draft, i'll help you out from there.

#?: if your writeup is more general, talking about other services where anonymity is paramount, and where bitcoin may be a good fit, maybe that'll have an even better chance of making it
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 09:43:32 PM

bandcamp.com

Email sent:
Do you accept Bitcoins as payment for your services?

Awaiting response...
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 09:45:13 PM

ThinkGeek.com

You are now chatting with 'Rob'
Rob: Hi, how can I help you?
Mizery De Aria: Do you accept Bitcoins as a method of payment for your products?
Rob: We do not. We only accept major debit or credit cards, PayPal, and check or money orders.
Mizery De Aria: Do you know if there is any consideration or research into potentially accepting Bitcoins for payment for your products?
Rob: At this point I don't believe there is, no.
Rob: Is there anything else we can do to assist you?
Mizery De Aria: Is it possible you may escalate the idea of accepting Bitcoin and perhaps researching whether or not it is viable for your business?
Rob: I will bring it to the attention of our web development team, you bet!
Mizery De Aria: Thank you. That is all. ^_^
Rob: Have a great day!!!
Mizery De Aria: Actually, last thing: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10897#msg10897
Mizery De Aria: You too!
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 09:56:59 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2010, 09:46:21 AM by mizerydearia

DeviantArt

Do you accept Bitcoins as payment for your premium membership service or photo prints products?

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10901#msg10901

Formulated Response:
Hello. Smiley

Thank you for contacting deviantART. I'm sorry but the only payment options available are those shown on the checkout page.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Chris Price
Customer Service Representative
deviantART, Inc.
www.deviantART.com
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:07:15 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2010, 01:10:01 AM by mizerydearia

xkcd

Email sent:
Do you accept Bitcoin for products purchased from your xkcd store?

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10903#msg10903

On an unrelated note, it would be AMAZING if xkcd were to produce a comic dedicated to Bitcoin!

Response:
Hello,

No, we don't : /  We only accept credit/debit cards and PayPal.

best,
Matthew Smoot
xkcd order wrangler
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:13:17 PM

Penny Arcade

Email sent:
Do you accept Bitcoin for products purchased from your store?

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10906#msg10906

Awaiting response...
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:16:17 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2010, 04:11:13 AM by mizerydearia

Ctrl+Alt+Del / SplitReason.com

Email sent:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10908#msg10908

Response:
No we do not.  Just Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.

Nate Stoltz, Split Reason Clothing Inc., http://www.splitreason.com, nate@splitreason.com
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:27:46 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2010, 10:47:48 PM by mizerydearia

Saturday Morning Breakfast Club / Topatoco.com

Email sent:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10910#msg10910

Awaiting response...

Note: Contact topatoco.com directly instead.
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:33:39 PM

The Oatmeal

Email sent:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909.msg10911#msg10911

Awaiting response...
mizerydearia (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 10:46:45 PM

I wonder what would happen if a bunch of us started to do the same thing...

I encourage it!  There are many businesses.  I am focusing primarily on geek, technology, or artist-related sites/businesses.  You're welcome to contribute if you'd like.  I can link the reply in the first post as I have been doing.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2010, 11:16:47 PM

Not to mention pokerstars is notoriously slow for adopting new things. Their affiliate program took forever to offer rake and still do not allow them to offer rakeback. Granted they are the fastest and most stable with IMHO the best cashout procedure. A better option might be the Merge Network(Carbon poker is one of the skins of many) and/or FullTilt for quick adoption.

Being a huge company they are often slow. But that's a terrible example. Affiliate are a curse on poker. I clicked a bad affiliate link 6 years ago so I can't get the same rake back as most people on FT. I get excellent rakeback on PS with no affiliate. The fact that they don't call it rakeback doesn't make it spend any less well. I get over 40%, you are not going to get that without large volume though. Which is totally reasonable and fair, it's just like buying at Costco or from a wholesaler.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2010, 07:23:41 AM

Great work, misery!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: