Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple ? Goodbye.  (Read 3947 times)
toknormal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:35:31 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:21:55 PM

was a good read, until i read darkcoin...

Darkcoin was quoted for a reason: that it adds fungibility to an otherwise un fungible digital currency.

In any money system fungibility is what supports privacy.

bitcoin is aiming to anonymity too, that's why i don't like that he talked about darkcoin
toknormal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:51:37 PM

bitcoin is aiming to anonymity too, that's why i don't like that he talked about darkcoin

Bitcoin is not "aiming to anonymity".
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:52:02 PM

bitcoin is aiming to anonymity too

http://youtu.be/J8y_GypCWf4?t=23m50s
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:27:42 PM

Apple?  Right to privacy?

http://bgr.com/2015/01/20/iphone-spyware-edward-snowden/

“Edward never uses an iPhone; he’s got a simple phone,”Kucherena said. “The iPhone has special software that can activate itself without the owner having to press a button and gather information about him; that’s why on security grounds he refused to have this phone.”

Tails and a shitty old phone is what Edward uses, but he is an extreme example, most people don't need that level of privacy.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

Apple?  Right to privacy?

http://bgr.com/2015/01/20/iphone-spyware-edward-snowden/

“Edward never uses an iPhone; he’s got a simple phone,”Kucherena said. “The iPhone has special software that can activate itself without the owner having to press a button and gather information about him; that’s why on security grounds he refused to have this phone.”

Tails and a shitty old phone is what Edward uses, but he is an extreme example, most people don't need that level of privacy.

yes they dont need it but they should want it anyways.
calci

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:27:20 PM

Recently I heard Lenovo laptops have a recorder or some location chip embedded in them. Maybe APple might do the same to invade the privacy , and might already have access to our bitcoin on our systems.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:33:41 PM

Personally I couldn't give a shit if anyone's watching me on the internet. I'd mainly feel sorry for them wasting their lives doing such a thing.

I can see why it's an important thing for many and privacy shouldn't have to require a conscious effort. So many people are so far gone it may be too late. I'm old enough to have bypassed the desire to put up any piffling details of my life up there for all to see.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:59:57 PM

If you have a credit card, bank account, email address... just about anything tied to a digital record then you don't have the privacy you think you do.  Go find that spot of rain forest where the pygmies still live and then you may be off the grid enough to enjoy that precious "privacy".

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:44:56 AM

Recently I heard Lenovo laptops have a recorder or some location chip embedded in them. Maybe APple might do the same to invade the privacy , and might already have access to our bitcoin on our systems.

I assume you don't use Android or any of Googles other services, either, right?
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:04:54 PM

Personally I couldn't give a shit if anyone's watching me on the internet. I'd mainly feel sorry for them wasting their lives doing such a thing.

I can see why it's an important thing for many and privacy shouldn't have to require a conscious effort. So many people are so far gone it may be too late. I'm old enough to have bypassed the desire to put up any piffling details of my life up there for all to see.

It's not just about you - nobody gives a shit - but you are giving out information about other people you interact with who value their privacy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: