Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][MARA] Maracoin | 1 billion coins | Open Soure | Community Driven  (Read 1950 times)
Maracoin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:05:47 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 08:51:50 AM by Maracoin

MARACOIN

Maracoin is a planned cryptocurrency that uses the Mara as its design. Similar the dogecoin, the mara is a friendly, cute, and loveable looking animal that looks like a type of large guinea pig mixed in with a rabbit with longer legs that will hopefully encourage mainstream acceptance of cryptocurrencies. Maracoin hopes to be at the forefront of this revolution.

Specifications

Maracoin is designed to be a community driven coin and so there will be a vote by the community to decide its features such as the algorithm used. Even the number of coins is not set in stone yet.

Algorithm: Scrypt or SHA-256 (decided by the community)
Block generation time: 2.5-10 minutes (may be changed by the community)
Total coin supply: 1 billion coins (may be changed by the community)
Based on: Either Litecoin or Bitcoin (decided by the community)

There will be no mining of new coins. All coins will be generated in the genesis block and miners will mine for transaction fees.

The plan

There will be an IPO. 50 percent of the total coins will be reserved for this IPO. The IPO will close on March 31 2015 23:59:59 UTC. The coin will be released in early to mid April.

The other 50 percent will be reserved for development costs, bounties, an emergency fund, faucets, giveaways and other related costs.

Upon further thought, I think it might be a good idea to add a mining phase to encourage miners to mine. The new specifications will call for 33 percent of the total coins being reserved for the IPO which will close on March 31 23:59:59 UTC. IPO funds will also be used to hire a developer who will develop the coin, social media marketing, logos, bounties, pools, and also pay for hosting costs.

Another 33 percent will be reserved for development costs, bounties, an emergency fund, faucets, giveaways, marketing, and other costs.

The final 33 percent will be distributed via proof-of-work mining.

The coin will be released in early to mid April.

The IPO address is:

1MARAvJvUU7sXdVF9Z2PCWBYx7iQxHjZSM

Send a message containing your profile along with your transaction using Blockchain.info. Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TimSweat

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

TimSweat

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:12:02 AM

think im first

hmm, not really any mining as such .

Maracoin (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:17:55 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 08:56:17 AM by Maracoin

Unfortunately, I can't add a poll to this thread because I chose the wrong option so please vote for each of the options below. 1 vote per account:

Based on: Litecoin (scrypt) or Bitcoin (sha-256)?
Total coins: Please state your choice
Block generation time: Please state your choice

I will count the votes 10 days from now and the answers will determine what the final coin looks like.

think im first

hmm, not really any mining as such .

Yes you are first.

There is no new mining of coins but I might change this if the community really demands it. If mining of new coins is adopted, then something like 33% IPO, 33% developers fund, and 33% mining could work.

I have decided to incorporate mining. Thank you for your feedback. Smiley

We are also launching our first contest:

Logo Design Contest

Think you can create a better logo? Submit your designs and if you get 1st place, you will get 1,000 maracoins after launch!

Requirements:

- Must include a picture of a mara
sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:08:16 PM

what is mara? looks like rabbit Grin maybe rabbit fucked a sheep and this is the result ?  Huh

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
Maracoin (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:17:50 AM

what is mara? looks like rabbit Grin maybe rabbit fucked a sheep and this is the result ?  Huh

Yup. It's similar to a rabbit though no sheep is involved. Cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patagonian_mara

Genus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mara_%28mammal%29

They are similar to guinea pigs but look like rabbits with shorter ears and longer legs. Very nice animal.
clxqgifh

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 05:29:50 AM

http://www.google.com
description
Maracoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:16:58 AM

Exciting news everyone!

We now have our very own (temporary) website at www.pollydee.com/maracoin.

As we get closer to our launch, we will need to ramp up our social media efforts to ensure our coin is a success.

If you want to help promote Maracoin then change your signature and/or PM message to:

Code:
MARACOIN - THE FUN CRYPTOCURRENCY!
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:04:44 AM

Why pollydee.com?

Mmm.... Maybe I can design you a logo...
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:59:52 PM

I predict this one gets ignored by the community.

Clearly an attempt at making some BTC for doing nothing.

EDIT: okay let me help you make your coin.

No premine, No IPO, No Instamine.

KGW or DGW or some good difficult re-adjustment is needed. The stock coin creator sites just are not going to cut it.

BOTH scrypt and Sha256 algos.

PoW period of 2 weeks or so. Lets say 30,000 blocks or whatever.

PoS kicks in after block 30,000 or whatever you decide. NO PoS blocks during PoW cause thats just amature.

Give us a reason to point thousands of dollars worth of mining equipment and hundreds in electrical costs at this coin. Look at Crave and what they did with their roadmap.

Get coinssource approved.

seasonw

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:46:10 AM

Yes, I think this coin has been abandoned. Poor Mara, abandon before launch~~  Grin
VegasMiner

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:56:47 AM

Same dev as Shitcoin  Huh
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:38:47 AM

Yes, I think this coin has been abandoned. Poor Mara, abandon before launch~~  Grin

I agree exactly ,dead before born
komdo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:33:36 AM

IPO funds will also be used to hire a developer ?? So you are not developer. everyone can make their own coin and IPO to hire developer. HahHa you do nothing. Grin Grin  im out.
Maracoin (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:53:24 AM

Hi everyone I'm back!

Looks like we have an odd situation. We have no funds!

Not to worry, I have decided to reschedule the launch to the end of April. I will also be laying out a new development plan and will be doing the development myself. I am also rethinking the IPO so please don't send any funds to the IPO address until the next update. It is possible that we might not have an IPO at all.

Secondly, I admit this thread looks a bit rushed compared to the other coin pages out there so I'll be making a new thread in a few days and this one will be locked.

Thanks.

Clearly an attempt at making some BTC for doing nothing.

EDIT: okay let me help you make your coin.

No premine, No IPO, No Instamine.

KGW or DGW or some good difficult re-adjustment is needed. The stock coin creator sites just are not going to cut it.

BOTH scrypt and Sha256 algos.

PoW period of 2 weeks or so. Lets say 30,000 blocks or whatever.

PoS kicks in after block 30,000 or whatever you decide. NO PoS blocks during PoW cause thats just amature.

Give us a reason to point thousands of dollars worth of mining equipment and hundreds in electrical costs at this coin. Look at Crave and what they did with their roadmap.

Get coinssource approved.

Thank you for the suggestions. I might implement some of them. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: