PREORDER IS NOW CLOSED
UPDATE OCT/7 : We've now ordered all NanoFury NF1 devices for manufacturing. Everyone that placed an order has been sent an email with instructions for the second payment (which was also due to bitcointalk being down for several days). If you placed an order and did not get one with those instructions please send an email and PM to vs3 just in case and we'll get back to you
UPDATE OCT/2 : We'll be announcing the final price at some point tomorrow (while we confirm actual component prices today and tomorrow).
As announced on Oct/1 we can still accommodate a few more orders but they will not influence the price anymore. Cut-off date for any additional last-minute orders is Oct/6.
UPDATE OCT/1 : We might be able to accommodate a few extra orders before we've purchased all components.
Any orders received after the final price has been announced will be required to prepay them in full.
We'll be ordering all components and services on Oct/6 and there will be no exceptions after that's happened!
Orders placed after that will be automatically cancelled!
Group Buy And Product Assembly Announcement
NanoFury NF1 USB stick using 1 Bitfury chip offering approx. 2GH/s
(see second post
for all technical details and third post for FAQ)
There are 2 options with this group buy with the following pricing
- Assembly service only
: You supply the chips, we do the rest. Includes full PCB assembly, PCB and components based on the NanoFury NF1
Final price will depend on the quantities in this group buy. Current estimate is 0.3BTC
(for less than 500 devices) to 0.2BTC
(for over 3000 devices).
- Fully Assembled NF1 unit
: Utilizes 1 BitFury ASIC chip to produce approx. 2gh/s per unit. Includes one BitFury chip and assembly service - full PCB assembly, PCB and components based on the NanoFury NF1
Final price is currently estimated to be in the 0.3-0.6BTC
range (depending on total quantities this GB attracts) and price of BitFury chip (currently anticipated in the 0.2-0.3BTC
range pending announcement happening supposedly this weekend
Above prices do not include shipping.
- PCB or DIY kit
option: PCB only or PCB and all components in unsoldered form for those who like to solder. Please contact us individually with requests.
Payment (2 stage)
: Pre-order at 0.4BTC
per NF1 device or 0.2BTC
per device for assembly-only service. Closes Oct 1
: By Oct 3
detailed final price including shipping options will be determined. By Oct 14
you'll be required to pay the remainder of that price and your pre-order price.
Target dates and anticipated schedule
- End of pre-order.
- Final pricing announced (including shipping).
- Components ordering. No cancellations after this date.
- All Bitfury chips must be received for the assembly only service
- All components sent to assembly factory. All orders need to be fully paid.
- Finished products received from assembly factory. Start of testing and shipping.Note: all this presumes that everything goes as planned. There is always the possibility of something getting delayed which may cause the dates following it to slip. We have a few days of buffers here and there and hope that if any slippage does occur it will be limited to a week or so.
Shipping prices will be as follows:
Within the US:
|Service: |First Class | Priority | Express |
|Shipping time:* | 3-5 b.days | 2-3 b.days | 1 b.day |
|Devices: | | | |
|1-3 | $4 | $6 | $47 |
|4-12 | $6 | $6 | $47 |
|13-70 | $16 | $16 | $47 |
|71-125 | $24 | $24 | $47 |
|126-250 | free | free | $94 |
|250-500 | free | free | $188 |
|501+ | free | free | free |
|Service: | First Class | Priority | Express |
|Shipping time:* | varies | 6-10 b.days | 3-5 b.days |
|Devices: | | | |
|1-4 | $12 | $24 | $100 |
|5-8 | $21 | $24 | $100 |
|9-70 | $65 ** | $65 | $100 |
|71-100 | $85 ** | $85 | $100 |
|101-500 | $0.9/device | $0.9/device | $1/device |
|501+ | free | free | free |
* - Shipping time is in Business Days (as per USPS)
** - International "First Class" for those amounts is same price as "Priority" so we'll automatically upgrade it to "Priority"
- Full payment is required prior to shipment to final destination.
- All purchases are processed in a First in, First out queue.
- Address signing is required for dispute settlement.
- We assume no responsibility for any issues that may arise due to circumstances outside our control, including but not limited to buzzdave failing to ship, shipment being seized by customs, shipment arriving late, etc.
- All NF1 devices will have a warranty against manufacturing defects for 30 days. There are no other expressed or implied warranties of any kind. Any modifications to the board void the warranty.
- You may choose to change your address a maximum of two times.
- In order to change your shipping address you must sign the change order with the purchase address.
Important notes. Please Read!
* 3000 devices
is the target volume for this GB (50 have already been pre-ordered by myself
If there are less than 300
orders we'll consider cancelling the GB and issuing a refund. We’re open to this discussion even if number of orders are a few more or a few less.
* Pricing is based on $120/BTC exchange
rate as per Coinbase. If exchange rate changes significantly we’ll adjust the prices accordingly. That’s the exchange we’re using for now and that’s the rate that will matter.
* The prices above, including the BitFury ASIC chips, are tentative and subject to change pending finalization of all parts required. Each item which price has not been finalized includes an increased margin reflecting this uncertainty, and may be reduced.
* If final prince ends up being less than your initial deposit we’ll refund the BTC difference.
: You may cancel your order at any time prior closing of the group-buy. No cancellations will be accepted after that since we would have spent the money on the parts and services. All cancellations and refunds are subject to a 1% fee (which is how much we get charged).
* The NanoFury NF1 project is currently in a testing phase. Within a week or two we’ll know exactly how much hashing power it will produce, potential heat issues and all other details and limitations. We’ll be posting regular updates to this thread about that.
* We are a small team and have daytime jobs that give us enough free time to run this project. We also sleep at night. So please cut us a break if we don’t reply to posts and emails right away. We will however try to address all questions and emails in a timely manner
We're in Southern California, so expect most of our posts to occur in the morning and evening hours (Pacific time).
* We’ve seen what happened to Avalon and BFL preorders and we’re absolutely committed to not repeating their mistakes!
We will not spend a single cent of your money until we know that we can deliver what we promised! And if we can’t we’ll be refunding your money.
Currently there are two gotchas: 1) We are dependent on buzzdave (megabigpower.com) to deliver chips on time, and 2) we are dependent on him for reasonable chip pricing. Regarding #1 he has already stated that they have plenty of chips in stock, so currently our only concern is #2
Purchase instructions (or HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER):
Until we get our online shop up please use the following procedure:
1. To calculate BTC required
: Multiply the number of NF1 boards desired by NF board price (either Fully Assembled NF1
or Assembly-only service
2. Send payment to: 1AHvViTD5wohPywNYHi8NZ8uPhbY9dZXCY*Note* Do not send funds from an address you do not control. You will be required to prove ownership of the sending address upon request.
3. Sign and Email: nf1order[at]nanofury[dot]com
(and just in case send also a PM) with the subject “NF1 Order
”, and the following information in the body:
Number of NF1 boards:
Service type: (Fully Assembled NF1 or Assembly-only)
* Please put the part of the message that you signed between the dashes (don't include the dashes so that we know from where to where to copy-paste; the slightest change - every single character, space, extra or missing one, etc will invalidate the signature).
*See FAQ for questions.