Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why MP is your God.  (Read 38104 times)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:15:54 PM

It's still around. But maybe you can get Mr. Poopscoop to hire somebody to take over from Tradefortress who seem to have some credibility problem.
Or do you think you are up to it?

In that case you better get to work, I am starting to worry since my free XRP are becoming worth something.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:18:23 AM

It's still around. But maybe you can get Mr. Poopscoop to hire somebody to take over from Tradefortress who seem to have some credibility problem.
Or do you think you are up to it?

In that case you better get to work, I am starting to worry since my free XRP are becoming worth something.

Honey, even Namecoin is "worth something" these days.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:13:24 AM

What's an MP?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:31:20 AM

What's an MP?

He's your GOD. Didn't you read the topic?

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:05:41 AM

Who is he?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:16:19 AM

Who is he?

It is Mircea Popescu's (of MPEx) detachable transvestite penis robot (PR) that fancies itself to be an all knowing Bitcoin guru.

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:51:32 AM

Probably because some of you guys workship or admire him so he miight be great, so he probably be a great man to me

MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

VII. MP rules Bitcoin not a currency, Oct 4 2012.

Fincen obeys that ruling, Mar 18 2013.

Central bank of China obeys that ruling Dec 4, 2013.

Banque de France obeys that ruling, Today.

Who is your god? All together now....

PS. Mad props to all the irrelevant redditards and assorted armchair lawyers who thought they knew better than MP.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:09:40 PM

I'm still convinced they're the same person?

They are two different persons.

Here is my hypothesis about MPOE-PR.

Background

It is proved that human brain develops rapidly during pregnancy and during period 0 -3 years after the birth. After a human reaches 4 years of age the neurogenesis (creating new brain cells) only happens in a small part in hipocampal area called dentate gyrus). It is essential that mother delivers good environment to the child during the pregnancy (she should not undergo stress, she should run healthy life and eat good food) and at least during first 3 years of life.

After the child is born the child should be taken care of by loving parents or guardians and learn from them how to solve problems. If parents solve the problems through negotiations the child will pick up this method quickly and there is high probability that this human will transform into a valuable person.

If parents / guardians solve problems by ways of coercion, beatings, ridiculing then the child will quickly pick up such way of solving problems. There is high probability a child who was maltreated, will develop a sociopathic or psychopathic personality.

What we know about MPOE-PR

Fetal alcohol syndrome:
From her pictures we know she has a short upturned nose. This is a classic symptom of fetal alcohol syndrome http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/19842.htm or http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/Birth/Birth-defects/Fetal-Alcohol-Syndrome It is very sad pregnant women drink alcohol. Whenever I see a human with fetal alcohol syndrome I feel deeply sorry.

Abusive parents / guardians:
The way MPOE-PR treats other humans tells a lot about her childhood. She must have been treated this way as a child. Ridiculed (even if she was right), maybe beaten. Whenever I see a child who is incapable of having a normal conversation I feel deeply sorry. If I can I try to talk to parents and persuade them not to beat the child anymore, not to ridicule, etc. Sometimes I can help, sometimes I can't.

Why I don't feel sorry for MPOE-PR

She is a grown up. She had plenty of time to sort out her problems: she could go to a psychologist, she could talk to friends, etc.

There is no way she can reverse the symptoms of the fetal alcohol syndrome, but with a professional help at least she could manage to overcome her early childhood experiences and become a better human. Had she done it, she would make now a good PR person. She is smart, intelligent, but somehow she finds pleasure in ridiculing people. Ridiculing and other anti-social behaviours have been imprinted in her brain since she was a baby - but this should have been cured long time ago.

Who is MP?

He is just a guy. If he is smart, he should have noticed these problems. If he cares about other human beings, he should have helped MPOE-PR. He didn't help her. He is just using this poor girl and maybe he is getting sick satisfaction seeing her being ridiculed back.

^ What he said.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Being quite fluent in french, I read the whole "Focus", and that's very positive, overall.
https://www.banque-france.fr/fileadmin/user_upload/banque_de_france/publications/Focus-10-stabilite-financiere.pdf

It is basically just a warning.
- French banks won't allow you to have account denominated in BTC. (opposite would have been scary).
- BTC value is not backed by any real activity, nor any underlying asset (la valeur du bitcoin n’est adossée à aucune activité réelle et n’est représentative d’aucun actif sous‑jacent). ==> Cool. How about fiat? Grin
- If you get burnt speculating with BTC, don't run cry and run to mum.

Example:
N’offrant aucune garantie de sécurité, de convertibilité et de valeur, le bitcoin présente peu
ou pas d’intérêt pour une utilisation par les acteurs économiques, au‑delà des aspects marketing
et publicitaire, tout en les exposant à des risques importants

Since BTC offers no guarantee of convertibility(?) nor value, economic actors should ignore it, as it has (close to) no interest.
Maybe you can pull some instant victory off through marketing and ads, but you'd expose yourself to high risks (of non-sustainability).

Apart from that, they basically just say: go for it, if you feel like it. Just don't expect us backing BTC any time soon.
There is actually much less FUD than I'd have expected (still is a little, but I'm impressed).

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:17:31 PM

There is actually much less FUD than I'd have expected (still is a little, but I'm impressed).

You forgot to translate this part, teh funny bit :-)

au‑delà des aspects marketing et publicitaire

Kouye

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:22:41 PM

au‑delà des aspects marketing et publicitaire

Maybe you can pull some instant victory off through marketing and ads, but you'd expose yourself to high risks (of non-sustainability).

Might be some funky translation, but it's here.  Wink

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Kouye

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:32:52 PM

The important part is not in the text, it is in the name of the file.

"Stabilité financière".

Financial stability.

That's what really scares the Banque de France !

Maybe we should fork this thread to a more specific one, not to piss DA GOD off, but I disagree.
The global feeling after reading their document (which is fairly accurate, sincerly, and mentions bitcoin-central, too) is that they don't give a fuck, as long as banks don't play along by letting people get accounts denominated in BTC, and as long as you don't come and cry to them after getting scammed/losing wealth.

Conclusion : They still feel secure, and see that as a speculator game. We still are ninjas. Grin

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:31:35 AM

VII. MP rules Bitcoin not a currency, Oct 4 2012.

Fincen obeys that ruling, Mar 18 2013.

Central bank of China obeys that ruling Dec 4, 2013.

Who is your god? All together now....

PS. Mad props to all the irrelevant redditards and assorted armchair lawyers who thought they knew better than MP.

These central bank people have likely never heard of Mircea Popescu. He is a nobody in the great scheme of things. They don't obey him. Maybe he got the same idea they hold now months before they thought of it. Big deal.

Now hit me with lightning then I'd be impressed. Tongue
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:38:58 AM

I'd be interested to hear his current market insights, Is their a link to them on his blog?

I guess I'm just lost, in need of direction and seeking to rectify my sins of selling too early or too late.
Kouye

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:45:23 AM

I'd be interested to hear his current market insights, Is their a link to them on his blog?

http://trilema.com/2013/a-simple-example-as-to-why-fiat-institutions-cant-stand/
Just check the "Recent Articles" right menu and enjoy.

As weird has he can get, Popescu made it to my ~10 names trust list.
He's definitely someone you can trust, provided you play by the his rules.
Rules that are clearly defined.

Chang Hum

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:49:39 AM

http://trilema.com/2013/a-simple-example-as-to-why-fiat-institutions-cant-stand/
Just check the "Recent Articles" right menu and enjoy.

As weird has he can get, Popescu made it to my ~10 names trust list.
He's definitely someone you can trust, provided you play by the his rules.
Rules that are clearly defined.

Appreciate the link. I'll probably just be a silent reader!
Chang Hum

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:22:05 AM

You can also lurk on #bitcoin-assets.
And I've learned quite a few things by asking the right dumb questions!

Cheers
Kouye

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:35:56 AM

You can also lurk on #bitcoin-assets.
And I've learned quite a few things by asking the right dumb questions!
Use several VPN, and Tor, or understand you'll get hacked, if not, though.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 11:48:34 AM

Use several VPN, and Tor, or understand you'll get hacked, if not, though.

#bitcoin-assets may be the cave of the lion, but I'm pretty sure no one there has ill intentions like hacking those who arrive without using Tor or VPNs. Wink

Related: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#cloaks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: