Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is TradeFortress a scammer?
Yes
No
Other / waiting for more evidence / unsure / show the poll results / etc.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Is TradeFortress a scammer? TRUSTED FORUM MEMBER, lol  (Read 14576 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:54:29 PM

Probably because I'm not a scammer?

I don't use shill accounts to vote.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:08:24 PM

Very convincing, a significant amount of votes that you don't scam. You're good at BSing excuses.

Obviously you're not going to convince me, since I actually got scammed by you for 27 Bitcoins plus the 1 Bitcoin judge.me took from me on arbitration after you said you'd pay the fee and never did.

You only need to scam 1% of your interactions to make a sizable amount of coin and apparently not face repercussions from the community.
Meanwhile, I'm out 27 bitcoins regardless because the any recovered coins are already written off and would be donated to charity as I already explained.

Looks like TF is laying low, looking for a big scam opportunity at this point, with only intermittent scam sightings, such as the one from May where TF facilitated someone getting scammed through ripple (possibly by TF, possibly by an associate).
Followed up on the public ripple ledger.

Shortly after he initially sent the BTC back to me, he sent one of his IOUs for 15BTC to bitcointalk user aadje93 ripple address rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39 who then immediately withdrew 9.15 BTC to bitstamp.

See https://ripple.com/graph/#rH3bZsvVUhzugvcYuJVoSYCEMHkfK6wHNv

Mods: please check the IPs of this user aadje93 to see if it's the same as TradeFortress.

The other 1 BTC was done as a test by a member who said they'd be happy to it back to me, even though they don't owe it, tradefortress does.

Is there a comprehensive list of TF's scams? I've only seen the scattered threads (4 plus separate claims) which require some digging to get to.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 09:18:50 PM

Looks like TF is laying low, looking for a big scam opportunity at this point

Is he?  I see him very active promoting his many popular websites.  People seem to trust him, and like him.  Have you considered the issue might be you?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

Looks like TF is laying low, looking for a big scam opportunity at this point, with only intermittent scam sightings, such as the one from May where TF facilitated someone getting scammed through ripple (possibly by TF, possibly by an associate).

Shortly after he initially sent the BTC back to me, he sent one of his IOUs for 15BTC to bitcointalk user aadje93 ripple address rMyHUbgreHFvvxoD5pGmg1fKRdSBHisy39 who then immediately withdrew 9.15 BTC to bitstamp.

Mods: please check the IPs of this user aadje93 to see if it's the same as TradeFortress.

The other 1 BTC was done as a test by a member who said they'd be happy to it back to me, even though they don't owe it, tradefortress does.

Is he?  I see him very active promoting his many popular websites.  People seem to trust him, and like him.  Have you considered the issue might be you?

No, I'm not going to blame the victim, regardless of "likability", gtfo, lol.

Someone scams 1% and is liked by some people so we should forgive him?

"Obviously you're not going to convince me, since I actually got scammed by [TF] for 27 Bitcoins plus the 1 Bitcoin judge.me took from me on arbitration after [TF] said [he]'d pay the fee and never did."

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 10:54:01 PM by Vod

No, I'm not going to blame the victim, regardless of "likability", gtfo, lol.

Well, this is the first time I have interacted with you, and you've already been an ass.

The large red warnings under your name to the left back it up - the issue is with you, not TradeFortress.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:38:04 PM

Is he?  I see him very active promoting his many popular websites.  People seem to trust him, and like him.  Have you considered the issue might be you?

This would be my guess.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 10:52:56 PM

This would be my guess.
From what I read, he has hired another developer for MoneyPakTrader.com, but found him "unworkable".
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 10:25:59 PM by MoneypakTrader.com

Compilation of a few of the different scams TF has done:
#0 - Scammed over 4,000 BITCOINS! from idiots who trusted his website and investment "service" despite my thread here outlining his previous scams.
Link will come soon.

#1 - Report of TF committing a nearly identical Programming Scam to how he did me:
I had hired tradefortress to do some programming for me and I had given him a 15btc deposit.  He hasn't responded to any of my messages for a week.  How do I have a scammer tag applied.[...]
JUST and FYI.  Please dont trust Tradefortress he scammed me out of 15 btcs.

#2 - Another reported TF Programming Scam (posted in response to TF scamming me) :
LOL, [TF] did the same thing to me and then made up some BS and still owes me a few BTC but i got over it. [...]
[TF] basically did nearly the same for me, made me a few apps I requested but the apps werent in the time frame I need and there were lots of excuses he threw in and some BS about him wanting half up front to make half the apps the rest to finish it when he didnt mention that. Then the apps he didnt give me any details about what the apps did at all simply naming them app1,app2 and so on.

#3 - TF scamming through ripple:
Just facts: TradeFortress issued IOUs and sent them to users who trusted him. IOU means "I owe you". Thus he admitted that he owes to that people.
Question: If one owes to people who trust him, but is not going to pay them, then who is that person?
[TradeFortress] posted on a newbie forum the following: " I am giving away at least 1 BTC per address on Ripple."

You flat out said you are giving away BTC on Ripple.  The only way to do that on Ripple is to issue an IOU since the only trust-free currency on Ripple is XRP.   You are playing on the fact that people don't understand how Ripple works.  That is not a flaw. [...]
[TF] owes me 10.15 BTC that he has taken from me and given to other people.
He has also promised to pay 445+ other people 1 BTC each which he has yet not fullfiled.
Worse, he has done so by asking them for 100 BTC credit, in a deceitful manner, setting up a scenario where many people could be scammed out of a great deal of money.
[...]
I PM'd [TradeFortress] to ask him how he would deal with redeeming IOUs so that anyone could convert his IOUs into BTC.  He wrote...

So in summary he misled people, while counting on their ignorance of how Ripple works, into letting him put them in harm's way so he and his confederates could steal their legitimate IOU's from reputable gateways.

#4 - From tmbp's List of ongoing scams -
Here I will present the current list of ongoing scams in order to protect the community, it has been stripped of all non essentials to keep the community safe from scams, I will hold all Bitcoin businesses for full responsibility:
Tradefortress - Member "Tradefortress"
[/quote]

#5 - Praise for his work on the development of defunct website www.terrawallet.com
[...] I've been working with him for awhile and the site is actually quite complicated: www.terrawallet.com and I've been happy so far.  [...]
TF never did get past the beta stage for terrawallet, which only managed to display a horrible looking and virtually unusable website (as of a few weeks ago). It was finally put out of it's misery after numerous people lost TRC and the code utterly crapped out as described in this thread:
[...]
The wallet is closed and will not reopen. [...] The software was not final version- nor anywhere close and many things had not been taken care of yet.
[...] To those who have written rather nasty messages even before I announced the closure to complain with vulgar language: I probably won't write you back.
I must stress that all users were warned clearly on every page of the site that it was Beta and that there was a very real possibility of losing your coins. I regret that this has happened but I must stress the warning listed on every page:
"Do not lose your password- it can not be reset! As the Value of TRC rises on the exchange we must say again- this is BETA and with no warrenty! Also, don't store more coins then you can afford to lose- this site is still yet BETA and we won't take any responsbility for hacks, intrusions, coding errors or negligence! Don't be stupid. [...]"

I will be posting the source code for the wallet soon.  
If the code is ever revealed, users should ignore reviewing the worthless source code seeing how horrible the site looked and performed during it's perpetual "beta" stage.
Reviews and feedback of that site are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135974.0;all

#6 - My encounter with TF:
I hired TF in December, 2012.
Paid TF a total of 27 btc for a "2 week" job that he couldn't finish in over 2 months.
TF offered to pay for arbitration around early March after I fired him towards the end of Febuary when I realized that he couldn't code the site and would continue to deliver unusable "final versions" of the site.
Later in March, TF refused to pay any share of arbitration or participate in it, even after I paid half the fee to judge.me (which judge.me is refusing to refund).
Around that time, I released the code that TF provided as his final product, it shows the incompetence of his programming.
I saw the code, half it's functions were not working, the structure looks like it was made by a 14 year old with 2 months experience.
IMHO, the job that MoneyPakTrader paid for was not delivered in time nor completed, so he deserves at-least a partial refund.
This applies: "When the script was delivered to me, some of the features weren't working"
In late March, early April I contracted with a developer who coded the site (moneypaktrader.com) which needed a "complete rewrite". This was finished in late April when it was publicly launched. Since then development has been done on a per issue basis, such as after  TF performed an unauthorized penetration test, leading to some site developments to repair that vulnerability.

TF has continually refused to either deliver a final usable version of the website I paid him in full for or refund any of the deposits I sent to him (totaling 27 BTC). I already paid for moneypaktrader.com to be created by another programmer, so TF owes a full refund for his failure to perform on the programming contract as I have plenty of evidence for. I have committed to turning over 100% of recovered btc to charity and will honor that promise in the unlikely event any recoveries are made.

There's plenty of links in this thread to realize that no matter how many people *like* TF, he scammed me on the web-development. And no matter how many people *dislike* me and who I do business with, I was the victim of TF's web-development scam similar to numerous other users.

Message me if you have something to add.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:07:49 AM

oops, fixed the added number for same persons second post. Otherwise accurate.

If you trust the right people, it becomes obvious that TF is an untrustworthy scammer:

Unfortunately, the forum default trust list includes him despite the fact he's a scammer. You'll need to ad your own trusted people to your list before deleting that.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:14:21 PM

Looks like he's gotten away with all those scammed coins and none will be donated to charity as I promised to do with any recoveries:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151880.msg2702121#msg2702121

Be careful. people out there are more than willing to steal your coins.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

So this means MoneyPakTrader.com has 76 alts.

:    Is TradeFortress a scammer?
Yes   - 76 (25.5%)
No   - 108 (36.2%)
Other / waiting for more evidence / unsure / show the poll results / etc.   - 114 (38.3%)
Remove Vote
Total Voters: 298
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:16:23 AM

I guess ignorance is an option, leave the evidence behind and just believe what you want to, eh.
BTW, I long suspected many of the TF votes were from his alts and alts of his stooges.
I wish I had known before TF got me:

Has he stopped scamming people? maybe he made enough, who knows why the TF scam reports have died down. . .

No big deal, I wrote off the 27 coins TF Scammed from me and would have donated any recoveries to charity. no such luck though.

Are you suggesting starsoccer9 is an alt also? They were scammed by TF too.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:24:45 AM

There was some rumors of TF stealing/selling identity info of forum users that trusted him, anyone have details on this?

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:49:46 AM

Not yet! But TF is a scammer I mean still waiting for clean proof. We have some unsubstantiated rumors going around but as of now he's just an idiot.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
viboracecata
Legendary

Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 08:43:07 AM

No, I did get paid from him.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:18:35 AM

These are the 2 places to find most of the TF scam reports:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=67058

Be Warned, TF has no problem stealing your coins!

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:19:28 PM

Is there a concise summary of TF's new million dollar scam?
Looking for a single all in one link to add unless there is multiple new scams.

haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:11:38 PM

Very convincing, a significant amount of votes that you don't scam. You're good at BSing excuses.

Obviously you're not going to convince me, since I actually got scammed by you for 27 Bitcoins plus the 1 Bitcoin judge.me took from me on arbitration after you said you'd pay the fee and never did.

You only need to scam 1% of your interactions to make a sizable amount of coin and apparently not face repercussions from the community.
Meanwhile, I'm out 27 bitcoins regardless because the any recovered coins are already written off and would be donated to charity as I already explained.

Is there a comprehensive list of TF's scams? I've only seen the scattered threads (4 plus separate claims) which require some digging to get to.

sounds like he had time to think this one through!!!  Roll Eyes
gaston909

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:10:41 AM

100% scammer.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 10:40:29 AM

Removed my vote on No, no need to guess what I changed it to.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: