Bitcoin Forum

Alternate cryptocurrencies => Altcoin Discussion => Topic started by: sitefive on January 02, 2014, 03:45:43 PM



Title: Should I Buy USED PSU?
Post by: sitefive on January 02, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
Need a 1000w PSU, for 3X 280x system im building.
However these good brand large wattage PSU's aint cheap.
Cheapest Corsair or any other good brand 1000w New PSU I can get is 140.

However from someone on ebay I can get  BeQuiet Dark Power P8 1000W  for 55  which is almost 3X less then a new psu!

Seems like it's a very great brand,fully modular/ over 90% efficient and cost 180 when new, BUT it's exactly 2years old.
Seller has sold some other pc parts with 100% good reviews and has assured me its in perfectly good condition.
I do need a psu obviously and want to spend as little as possible!
Should I get it or not?


Title: Re: Should I Buy USED PSU?
Post by: sitefive on January 02, 2014, 04:03:36 PM
Bump! watcha think?


Title: Re: Should I Buy USED PSU?
Post by: atp1916 on January 02, 2014, 04:04:54 PM
I would honestly not.

Noone ever gets rid of a quality PSU.  People ride em out till they die (if they do).


Title: Re: Should I Buy USED PSU?
Post by: sitefive on January 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM
I would honestly not.

Noone ever gets rid of a quality PSU.  People ride em out till they die (if they do).
Seems like from the other items he sold the guy was parting out his system.
oh well just bought it, seems like quality stuff and doubt it was made to last 2years and for the past 5years I havent had a single PC part die just because of the age.
90% chance it will be ok,just hope it wont be the 10% this time :D