Bitcoin Forum
March 02, 2024, 10:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]
 
  Home Help Search Login Register More  
  Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
1  Economy / Services / Re: KICKICO Signature & Avatar Campaign on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:27 PM
Username: wizardee
Current Posts: 693
Bitcoin address: 1Ptekj2hfX8DJdoFWaYzisUvsdUKNFrirw
Rank: Hero Member
2  Economy / Scam Accusations / Re: LUST ICO is a scam. on: August 14, 2017, 12:01:09 PM
Wow, I am quite surprised with the amount of Scam ICO's out there. As stated by aTriz, it certainly seems like any ICO can turn into a scam operation. OP, nice find. We need more people like you that help sniff out these scammers.
3  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: Bitcoin is instant way to get rich ? on: August 14, 2017, 09:18:31 AM
Well, I wouldn't think so. We have all seen the potential of bitcoin, but the majority of that 'richness' could only have been earnt if you had invested around 3-4 years ago, when the price of bitcoin was fairly low. However, that is needles to say that it is never too late to invest in bitcoin. In the past week or so, we have seen a ~20% value increase, and we can most certainly expect more of these to come in the future. The only way bitcoin can currently make you rich is if you hold onto your coins for a really long period of time. But you will soon realise that you can't hold onto all your funds and eventually you will need to spend some of it.
4  Economy / Economics / Re: Would bitcoin help teach kids about saving? on: August 14, 2017, 06:46:58 AM
So I have 2 cousins. One of them doesn't save and is a huge spender while the other is a saver and spends only once a year. So would bitcoin be a good way to teach them about saving? Since, mining bitcoin is the only way to make alot of bitcoin, I would use a alt wallet to show them what happens if you spend and don't save. What do you think?

Well, I guess it can teach kids about saving, but I think there are bigger problems to tackle for our generation's education than introducing them to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin generally is a very complex structure (as mentioned by masterwakokok7) and it may not be such a good idea to introduce the young to this world of the blockchain just yet. Saving or spending is up to themselves to decide, and while Bitcoin has the potential to enforce saving, it ultimately comes down to the character of the individual to decide that.
5  Other / Off-topic / Re: Young people should go all in on bitcoin on: August 14, 2017, 06:41:22 AM
While this may sound good at the start, I do not think that young people should literally go ALL in. Most young people today make just enough money to pay off their everyday lives, and whatever the outcome of Bitcoin may be, it might not be in their favour. I would suggest only to invest in Bitcoin as a standalone young individual if you have a stable job, and enough money that can be used as a safety net in case you loose your job or suffer an accidental that you may not have been insured for. The rest can be invested into Bitcoin.
6  Economy / Services / Re: 🎮 ENJIN 🎮 Signature Campaign - BIG reward on: August 14, 2017, 05:51:21 AM
Hello Decoded! I am re-applying from 3 weeks ago. Please consider me to join your campaign if you have any spots left. I will wear signature and avatar if accepted!

Username: wizardee
Rank: Hero Member
Starting Post Count: 687
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=407977
Bitcoin Address:1Ptekj2hfX8DJdoFWaYzisUvsdUKNFrirw
7  Economy / Services / [Removed] on: August 14, 2017, 12:44:56 AM
Removed for a self managed version of this thread
8  Economy / Speculation / Re: Bitcoin has just surpassed $ 4,000 and continues to grow rapidly in the near fut on: August 13, 2017, 09:26:01 AM
Yes, this is great news for bitcoin. In the future, we should be able to see bitcoin's price go even higher and maybe break the 10K mark by the end of next year. This is certainly good news so far!
9  Economy / Services / Re: [1 SLOT OPEN] ChipMixer Signature Campaign | 0.00075 BTC/post on: August 13, 2017, 04:11:36 AM
Username:   wizardee
Post Count:   681+1
BTC Address:   1Ptekj2hfX8DJdoFWaYzisUvsdUKNFrirw

Would love to be able to join!
10  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: bitcoin is unstoppable on: August 13, 2017, 01:36:28 AM
even when attacked from the inside by blockstream/core it just forks and offers two chains. at least one will continue delivering p2p electronic money to the people with low fees.  maybe both?  we'll see. Smiley
People leave bitcoincash because their block is still not perfect, so they prefer to go back to bitcoincore. And I'm sure bitcoin will reach $ 4000 by the end of this year  Wink


I would say by the end of this month! Yes, bitcoin is sort of unstoppable right now, and that is of course a good thing for us. The more users that join the bitcoin network, the higher it will push the price up.
11  Economy / Economics / Re: stable currency on: August 13, 2017, 01:03:16 AM
Bitcoin's value is tied to its demand. If the demand goes up, so will its value. The main reason as to why bitcoin is not so 'stable' is that it is entirely decentralised (mostly). The whole network is built on a platform of user trust. The only reason why fiat is 'stable' in its own way is that it is backed up by the government, however that same government is kind of screwing it over by inflating it in a bubble.

Bitcoin's price was stable before August 1 and for a few days after. Then it shot up like crazy, which it what we can see now.
12  Economy / Economics / Re: Best way for steady income on: August 13, 2017, 12:41:45 AM
There is no said way that will give you a guaranteed solid income for an extended period of time. It all comes down to how much you want to work and what area you want to work in. Signature campaigns are a great way to start earning money and is relatively stable, provided you write the minimum amount of posts and not break any campaign rules. Another great, stable way to earn bitcoin is to sell your services. I guess it comes down to how much time you want to invest in it to make it a stable income. If you are lazy and don't commit, then you might not get paid and then it won't be a stable source of income. If you do, then you can make a decent amount in a relatively short amount of time.
13  Economy / Reputation / Re: Lauda going to sleep with a neg trust on: August 13, 2017, 12:24:45 AM

Thank you shorena, thank you QS, that's the best gift you can give us tonite.

I remember when lauda left me a neg trust last year, this account was my life. Huh Huh

There is no need to start a thread, purely on this topic. So she got negged, whatever.

Like most of the people in DT-2 lauda does a pretty good job at catching scammers and rarely makes wrongful accusations. The negative trust you are talking about is probably deserved and you are probably just butthurt.

Quickseller has supposedly removed his/her negative trust and only shorena's neg remains.

If you feel you were negged wrongly, you can also send her a pm to resolve the issue.

"rarely makes wrongful accusations", I disagree with this statement, just look at my thread and some others:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2066778.0

Oh yes, I read that thread you posted 'fisheater' not long ago.
Well, all I can say is that we are all human and are bound to make mistakes. As said by aTriz, Lauda has done a very good job at catching scammers in the past and has also caused controversy to many others. I do think Lauda has done the right thing so far and has greatly contributed to the community, mostly good. I would also suggest to PM her to resolve any problems - any wrongful accusations that have been made on her behalf.
14  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: Highest bitcoin profit you have ever received... on: August 12, 2017, 11:45:20 PM
Most profit margins (%) will differ for each and every individual. All in all, it comes down to when you invested and how much you sold. I first invested in bitcoins in 2012, but later sold after the price dipped a little. So dumb of me... However, I have earnt most of my profits through altcoin trading, ETH specifically. I will be looking forward to investing in more altcoins and possible ICOs.
15  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: So Bitcoin is better than Gold? on: August 12, 2017, 12:05:34 PM
So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes
Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes







Lauda, you have most certainly summed it up very nicely! I have always been highly against trading fiat because of its bloated, inflation-like nature. The bubble that has been expanding since 2008 will soon burst again - guaranteed. Gold is very stable, but offers almost no room for profits because of its stability. I know many people that have bought bitcoin only to then buy gold with it.....  Undecided

I am new in bitcointalk but I understand that bitcoin is better than good.bitcoin rate day by day pumping but not yet.

This isnt always the case. No-one can tell what is a better investment option, only you can. If you are looking for something very long term with no clear sign of selling any time soon, then Gold is your best option. However, if you want to make quick profit and then use that as a currency, bitcoin is your best bet. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
16  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: Why people are holding Bitcoin? on: August 12, 2017, 11:45:04 AM
People are holding onto bitcoins in pure faith that the price will go up. If more and more people are investing in bitcoin, that will only drive the price of bitcoin up. Bitcoin is built up on a network of trust. People are holding onto their bitcoins as they are waiting for a good value rise. I would encourage this movement, however if too many people do this, then the market will be slowed down as not many transactions / trades would be made.
17  Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: How ATM bitcoin work??? on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:18 AM
It would work just like any traditional ATM that we have working nowadays. The only problem that I can see with this is while depositing fiat to bitcoins is ok, vice-versa - not so much. The core idea of bitcoin is to have it separated from any other form of currency. And with an ATM, you are essentially trading bitcoins for fiat, or vice-versa. This is why I do not think that bitcoin ATMs will become a booming idea, as there will always be another form of currency behind it if used.
18  Economy / Economics / Re: Is Capitalism Flawed? on: August 12, 2017, 10:48:00 AM
Is Capitalism flawed? I used to believe that Capitalism solves issues, but if I really look around me, it actually only creates more issues that were not here before.

> There are many rich people with tons of capital but there are more unemployed people that will not have access to that

> People are living in luxury mansions and driving very expensive car, and then kids are starving in other places

> Profits of companies is going up, but real wages going down, people are living paycheck to paycheck

> Everyone is in debt, nobody has any savings, and most people are working part time jobs

> Nobody has a house, nobody can afford one, yet real estate speculators own thousands of them

> Banks have trillions of $ of money, but they still charge you 50$ / transaction because of their greed

> People have no future prospects, no career opportunity, they just live from paycheck to paycheck trying to pay off the debt and buy some shit GMO food filled with poison, because why sell healthy food to the public when the GMO food is more profitable?



It looks to me like Capitalism is flawed. Nobody has any money and everyone is suffering. I think a universal income must be implemented as fast as possible.

Yes, capitalism is very flawed and there are many major problems with it that are not properly addressed. People / investors are so fixated on profits that it is causing major damage to society as they are willing to go to never seen before lengths to gain money.
However, capitalism does open up the windows to many opportunities for people to do, so I guess it has its pros and cons. But capitalism will soon tople itself with more and more money being printed and the bubble we are living in soon to burst.
19  Economy / Economics / Re: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc on: August 12, 2017, 10:00:38 AM
I would definitely lean towards holding bitcoin as opposed to holding gold. Gold will always hold its value and is very stable, whereas bitcoin is far more volatile, but we can expect to see its price increase much much higher in the future. If you want to invest in something very stable and with a small window of profit, then gold is your answer. If you invest in bitcoin, it is just a bit riskier, but more profits will come your way.
20  Economy / Economics / Re: Cashless society on: August 12, 2017, 09:48:42 AM
Have you ever wondered how would the world's economy be like in the future as a cashless society?

Perhaps, with the increased traction of blockchain acceptance nowadays, could lead to the creation of digital fiat currencies powered by blockchains that are managed by governments themselves. With this in mind, there would be no need for physical cash, as digital fiat currencies would provide many advantages such as quick settlement, global payments, full transparency, implants use on citizens to make payments, and more.

If this becomes a reality, which I'm sure that it will, it would radically transform our lives for the better and reduce criminal activity as a result of the full transparency and auditability that a digital fiat currency would have thanks to the power of the blockchain technology.

Also, it makes me wonder if cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin would exist by that time, or will they co-exist with digital fiat currencies.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your opinion about this.  Wink

I can definitely see digital currency to be the 'next' form of payment method, in the sense that it will replace paper money altogether. Cashless society is very much possible, there is no reason to say that it would not work. Credit / debit cards are already the first form of cashless payment methods, and it is working quite well. This just goes to show that it is possible to have a society that will be 100% cashless.

Also, bitcoin debit cards are already a thing, making the lives of many of those easier who want to purchase a product from a store that does not yet accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!