Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People lending no collateral?  (Read 4515 times)
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:33:09 PM

It's just like any other business. Some people are skilled at picking and choosing who to loan to. Those people can make good money. Other people aren't so good at choosing the right lending opportunities. They either barely scrape by or they go broke.

The thing is that you cant know if someone is going to pay back even if they are legit and they are willing to pay back at first they may encounter some sort of problem and they wont be able to pay back, what are you going to do then, since you didnt want a collateral

That's true everywhere. Not just in the Bitcoin world. I have a number of credit cards in my wallet and every time that I use one, I'm getting a loan without collateral. Sure, I could walk away. But overall, the credit card company charges high enough interest to compensate for those who do walk away. It's the same with Bitcoin. The risk is much higher, but the potential rewards are higher too. It's a balancing act.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:31:50 AM

It's just like any other business. Some people are skilled at picking and choosing who to loan to. Those people can make good money. Other people aren't so good at choosing the right lending opportunities. They either barely scrape by or they go broke.

The thing is that you cant know if someone is going to pay back even if they are legit and they are willing to pay back at first they may encounter some sort of problem and they wont be able to pay back, what are you going to do then, since you didnt want a collateral

That's true everywhere. Not just in the Bitcoin world. I have a number of credit cards in my wallet and every time that I use one, I'm getting a loan without collateral. Sure, I could walk away. But overall, the credit card company charges high enough interest to compensate for those who do walk away. It's the same with Bitcoin. The risk is much higher, but the potential rewards are higher too. It's a balancing act.

Well i guess but still there is no point in not looking for a collateral, it just makes the deal 100% safe

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:35:55 AM

No Collateral loan are given to user who are trusted, reputed and trust is a collateral for such loan, giving a no collateral loan to newbie or low profile member is risky, it is always suggested to use collateral so if user didn't pay you can cover your loss,you can give loans without collateral if you can afford money to loose
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:39:10 AM

No Collateral loan are given to user who are trusted, reputed and trust is a collateral for such loan, giving a no collateral loan to newbie or low profile member is risky, it is always suggested to use collateral so if user didn't pay you can cover your loss,you can give loans without collateral if you can afford money to loose

There is a really small quantity of people that are really trusted and there are others that are trusted because they have done previous loans wich doesnt mean anything, just because they have given or taken loans doesnt mean they are trusted
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:23:55 PM

Well i guess but still there is no point in not looking for a collateral, it just makes the deal 100% safe

Actually, I think some lenders are doing it because of competitive pressures. Its not just no collateral loans that are offered either. Now I'm seeing 0% interest too.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: