Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum Python Files For armoryengine  (Read 714 times)
genericpersona (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:46:34 PM

I want to use Armory's Python library for running a watch-only wallet on a machine unable to store the entire blockchain. 

After running make on the Armory Github source, which files are required to import armoryengine.ALL?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 09:35:35 PM

I want to use Armory's Python library for running a watch-only wallet on a machine unable to store the entire blockchain. 

I'm not sure how you'd go about implementing a watch-only wallet using Armory without having the entire blockchain. Armory is designed to require it. If you want some Python software to implement a watch-only wallet, something Electrum-based might fit your needs better.

After running make on the Armory Github source, which files are required to import armoryengine.ALL?

FYI you don't need to build Armory from source in order to use its libraries, you can just use one of the distributed packages (unless of course your target platform isn't among those supported).

I know that doesn't answer your question, though.... sorry I don't know the answer, but my guess would be most of the .py and .pyd files except the BitTornado stuff, although I really don't know the details.
josephbisch

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:11:54 PM

To import armoryengine.ALL, you need:

armoryengine directory and its contents
bitcoinrpc_jsonrpc directory and its contents
CppBlockUtils.py
_CppBlockUtils.so
qrcodenative.py
SDM.py

With just those files and directories, I was able to run the samples at https://bitcoinarmory.com/using-armory-python/.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: