Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2015 The Year?  (Read 14797 times)
Bobblehead Pete (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:46:29 PM

Will Bitcoin Bounceback This Year?
http://bitforum.info/t/will-bitcoin-bounceback-this-year/659

With last year's bitcoin roller coaster ride, do you think bitcoin has what it takes to bounce back?

Earlier this year, business after business and merchants after merchants are learning to accept bitcoin.
Do you think this is enough to turn the tides around?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:51:56 PM

Mmm... Maybe just bumb a little? Back around $300~$500?

Looking back at "cloud mining" and ponzis trends, that still would be the sidedown of bitcoin.
Atleast that mean more traders will accept bitcoin soon so I be able to buy more stuff then!

Let just hope Wink
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:57:05 PM

With last year's bitcoin roller coaster ride, do you think bitcoin has what it takes to bounce back?

Earlier this year, business after business and merchants after merchants are learning to accept bitcoin.

I think business accepting it is a good way for it to hit the mainstream because it informs more people about it. But for it to really hit the big time business need to be holding bitcoin and setting prices in bitcoin that don't fluctuate based on the exchange rate this will drive a more stable price. I know it might not seem like good business to do this but it is what is needed for it to be a stable and accepted currency. Is 2015 the year? I don't know that is for the community to decide if it is time.

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 02:59:56 PM

I don't know anything about stock markets / investments / highs and lows / futures / whatever, but I have a feeling that by the time bitcoin stabilizes, it'll be significantly lower than most predictions. Maybe $100-200? It's hard for me to see 1BTC @ $50,000 USD (as I've read in the past from hopeful enthusiasts).

On the other hand, I could be wrong. Often am. Wink

Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:40:53 PM

This year is a year of venture capital money flowing in like crazy, just look at the facts. There are graphs that show this. 2015 is the year with the biggest pump in VC money so far.
Actual BTC price will be stable. This is the last year for us peasants to get as much BTC as possible while its affordable to buy entire units of BTC.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:54:11 PM

Just because merchants are starting to accept bitcoin doesn't mean the price will go up or the bitcoin adoption will increase.

This year is a year of venture capital money flowing in like crazy, just look at the facts. There are graphs that show this. 2015 is the year with the biggest pump in VC money so far.
Actual BTC price will be stable. This is the last year for us peasants to get as much BTC as possible while its affordable to buy entire units of BTC.

I think the same was sort of true in 2014 but did not lead to the rise in the price of bitcoin then. I would hope for a stable price than a pump.
bitcoinluv79

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:14:03 PM

I think it will rise in price quite a bit by the end of this year, but it will never reach the $1000 it once was.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:23:47 PM

Just because merchants are starting to accept bitcoin doesn't mean the price will go up or the bitcoin adoption will increase.

I think the same was sort of true in 2014 but did not lead to the rise in the price of bitcoin then. I would hope for a stable price than a pump.

The same was not quite true over the whole of 2014.  2014 saw lots of good news, but in terms of VC capital, 2015 looks to be off to a far stronger start.

http://www.coindesk.com/venture-capital-funding-bitcoin-startups-triples-2014/

2014, at $314 million, more than tripled what 2013 did.  

In 2015, we've already seen close to $200 million, and that was before the end of the first quarter.  The rate of money coming in this year is quite a bit faster.  There was a lot of positive news, but most of it was news suggesting things to come (and we still haven't seen them yet, but they're on the horizon) it wasn't enough to stem the tide of a necessary correction.

Also keep in mind 2014's price action was largely a downtrend as part of a correction from the crazy bubble that pushed BTC from $100 -> $1100.  The price was influenced very heavily by speculation, and it still is.

As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price, and then all of that news from 2014/early 2015, and VC money along with Wall Street stepping in will be quite ready for the next phase of the market.  Once there's little profit to be made from dumping and shorting, there's only one direction to go.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:26:13 PM

BTC RxIxP 2015 -

*You scammed all your loyal believers, you deserved that painful death you received, now rot in hell you bastard.*

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:27:32 PM

I think it will rise in price quite a bit by the end of this year, but it will never reach the $1000 it once was.

$1000 definitely won't happen this year. i don't even think next year. it will need to be a stable rise.
i think it will go to $400 at most. i'm already happy if we maintain $300 this year.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

$1000 definitely won't happen this year. i don't even think next year. it will need to be a stable rise.
i think it will go to $400 at most. i'm already happy if we maintain $300 this year.
At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board, the amount of new money that comes in won't just come in in a small and steady fashion. There'll be massive green candles coming and the price jumps will be huge. And, that's just the diagnosis w/o the remittances, e-commerce, precious metals holders coming in. It's most likely gonna blow the doors off this thing and be an incomprehensible rise that will make history going forward. People are so down in the dumps right now that they either forget what happens during bull markets or are new and can't conceive of such a situation happening.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:16:57 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board, the amount of new money that comes in won't just come in in a small and steady fashion. There'll be massive green candles coming and the price jumps will be huge. And, that's just the diagnosis w/o the remittances, e-commerce, precious metals holders coming in. It's most likely gonna blow the doors off this thing and be an incomprehensible rise that will make history going forward. People are so down in the dumps right now that they either forget what happens during bull markets or are new and can't conceive of such a situation happening.

Wait how do you know if an ETF is actually going to happen? Did the twins actually pull through with SEC? this conversation started back in 2012 when buttferfly labs was still a leading market for most asic miners.

I dont see the ETF being passed anytime soon, as for their other new exchanges to open, thats something actually more tangible since they blew like a couple million into it already.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:18:44 PM

2015 target: 17 777$ per bitcoin

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:36:20 PM

You are right, Chef. This market being so thinly traded that any sort of big move cuts like a hot knife through butter. There simply isn't enough liquidity on either side to stop it and big moves snowball as traders all pile on.

That said, we are more stable than 2013 because the the market has better price discovery mechanisms: futures, leveraged long/shorts, skilled traders to take on whales, and more liquidity. Bitcoin will only be "stable" relative to current capital markets in 5-10 years, when its market cap is much higher and has millions more in liquidity on either side of the orderbooks. At that point, we may be trading in bits.

Until then, strap in or get off the bus because it's going to be a bumpy ride both ways.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:44:26 PM

seems nice Cheesy and everyone becomes a millionaire
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 09:46:34 PM

seems nice Cheesy and everyone becomes a millionaire

You would only need 56.25246105 bitcoins to be a millionaire.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

maybe in the alternative universe...but it is OK to contemplate such things

with BTC at 17777, it's market cap would be ~259.5 bil (with ~14.6-14.7 coins by the end of the year) and implied market cap (based on 21 mil coin)-$373 bil-a size of Google or 1/2 of Apple.

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 10:01:48 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 10:23:14 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

The same was not quite true over the whole of 2014.  2014 saw lots of good news, but in terms of VC capital, 2015 looks to be off to a far stronger start.

In 2015, we've already seen close to $200 million, and that was before the end of the first quarter.  The rate of money coming in this year is quite a bit faster.  There was a lot of positive news, but most of it was news suggesting things to come (and we still haven't seen them yet, but they're on the horizon) it wasn't enough to stem the tide of a necessary correction.

Also keep in mind 2014's price action was largely a downtrend as part of a correction from the crazy bubble that pushed BTC from $100 -> $1100.  The price was influenced very heavily by speculation, and it still is.

As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price, and then all of that news from 2014/early 2015, and VC money along with Wall Street stepping in will be quite ready for the next phase of the market.  Once there's little profit to be made from dumping and shorting, there's only one direction to go.
Sorry but it goes more like this:

"As you said, at a certain point we'll find a stable price"
^^^ Yes, and that price will be at low double/single digits, which will take a few years. By that time, everybody will be starting to adopt semi-centralised technologies that work in a similar way as the blockchain to move fiat currencies (like the IBM adept project or others), taking what's useful about this whole crypto movement (a distributed ledger to move any asset/currency around, and smart contracts ) and discarding the unusable bullshit (bitcoin).

(dumb) VC money in the bitcoin space (which is not a lot of money by the way) will suddenly realise that it has invested in a mini dotcom bubble that is collapsing. Everybody will look at bitcoin as the little volatile, irreversible, non scalable joke that nobody uses or needs aside from drug dealers, speculators, gamblers, and libertards.

BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

I think bitcoin will end 2015 in green Smiley I personally think (and hope) that btc will see 500 USD again this year.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:58:06 PM

In the very early stage of Bitcoin, yes, it's still early, every year is THE year for Bitcoin.

It becomes stronger and stronger. As Chef Ramsay stated, we have to wait for wealthy investors who bring in fresh money.

They laugh at the current market cap of Bitcoin. Once they start investing heavily in Bitcoin we might all feel like we are early adopters, even if you bought today.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:04:57 PM

Warren Buffet is a decrepid old man. The best investment of all times would have been to register domain names back in the early 90's. Warren Buffet has no idea about technological breakthoroughts because he doesn't know how to use a computer. He's hanging around with Floyd May or not Mayweather those days, enough says.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:09:24 PM

Warren Buffet is a decrepid old man. The best investment of all times would have been to register domain names back in the early 90's. Warren Buffet has no idea about technological breakthoroughts because he doesn't know how to use a computer. He's hanging around with Floyd May or not Mayweather those days, enough says.

+1
he's an old fart who should just shut up and start wrapping up his shit on this planet before he leaves it

maybe in the alternative universe...but it is OK to contemplate such things

with BTC at 17777, it's market cap would be ~259.5 bil (with ~14.6-14.7 coins by the end of the year) and implied market cap (based on 21 mil coin)-$373 bil-a size of Google or 1/2 of Apple.

yes, and I'm choosing that alternative universe.

lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

I think there is an outside possibility that this could come true, but I think there are too many people that have just recently heard about bitcoin and are just waiting with their fingers on the trigger to jump in.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:23:21 AM

The fact that there are increasing numbers of merchants alone cant rise the price too high alone, but the fact that there is interest in the technology is definetly promising.
I personally doubt that bitcoin will go to a sharp rise, or a bubble within 2015, but rather in the early months of 2016, before the halving, and it will again be mostly driven by speculation.
Its even better in the longrun to keep current prices, but to gain more liquidity, so that in cases of big cashing out, that doesnt reflect on price the way its reflecting now. That is the healthiest way for bitcoin to go,
and those traders/holder that are interested in sharp rise and volatility are no friends to bitcoin, because they will drop their bags and sell their souls if that brings them profit, and in the end were left with
even worse situation than before.

cheers
Braino

Activity: 644

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:30:01 AM

2015 is going to be HUGE for bitcoin and crypto, you wait and see.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should get out now!

Get educated as a whale watcher and change your thinking, then you'll know the real secrets to make bank.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:26:07 AM

It takes worldwide financial crysis to be back. Which will happen soon, combined with 2016 BTC halving, I think we will see 10k $ in no time.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:28:29 AM

Don't you think Bitcoin is bigger, more important advancement than Google and Apple (all together). Me I just think like that. Bitcoin is unstoppable.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:24:09 AM

If you ask me, I would say, I don't think so. Whatever the outcome, eventually everything still goes back to the basic supply and demand factor. As long as demand has not catch up, and supply is going to be the same as it is, the price will drown. My only hope is when the halving took place which is suppose to happen some time next year.

slushee

Activity: 101

Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:42:57 AM

2015 - The year of DASH
 Cool
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:49:05 AM

2015 - The year of DASH
 Cool

You mean XMR...

And no.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:50:21 PM

if we can replicate end 2013 and then with 2016 early 2014, it would be good, but the trend seems uncertain, too many whales playing, and the price is stuck there
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:10:13 PM

if we can replicate end 2013 and then with 2016 early 2014, it would be good, but the trend seems uncertain, too many whales playing, and the price is stuck there
We can't do nothing but wait and watch as we are not major players in the market, we can only hope for the best, and I have big trust on bitcoin being a success.
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:30:04 PM

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 11:04:52 PM

2013 was the year of Bitcoin.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:40:08 PM

Especially if you bought into both pumps (in April and December), traded on Silk Road and used MtGox as your main exchange.  Wink
Bitcoin is doing fine and if you make the right decisions every year is a good one. As long as Bitcoin exists there's money to be made.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:59:33 PM

^^^ Yes, and that price will be at low double/single digits, which will take a few years. By that time, everybody will be starting to adopt semi-centralised technologies that work in a similar way as the blockchain to move fiat currencies (like the IBM adept project or others), taking what's useful about this whole crypto movement (a distributed ledger to move any asset/currency around, and smart contracts ) and discarding the unusable bullshit (bitcoin).

(dumb) VC money in the bitcoin space (which is not a lot of money by the way) will suddenly realise that it has invested in a mini dotcom bubble that is collapsing. Everybody will look at bitcoin as the little volatile, irreversible, non scalable joke that nobody uses or needs aside from drug dealers, speculators, gamblers, and libertards.

Yet here you are. Every. Single. Day.

Give us a break.

The exchange price could be sent back to 1000 for probably as little as twenty million dollars of exchange buying. What is that in the context of 500 million dollars of VC money flooding into the scene in the last year and a half. And you think these guys don't want a return on their money and are 'dumb'?

10,000 other random guys like me buying bitcoins each month are currently enough to buy up the entire mining supply. Next year after the halving that drops to just 5000.

That is the real reason you are here though right? Or do you post endless negative tripe on other enthusiast fora for other things you think will fail?

You were here in 2011 bearish on bitcoin when it was 2 dollars. I would imagine you don't want to think about 2011 being the year of bitcoin. You have so much bitterness towards bitcoin (because you had the chance for wild riches and blew it by being cynical) that you will never be taken seriously on this forum Nagle.
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 12:39:30 AM

Only when those of us confident enough about higher prices hold them can the higher price be sustained.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 01:16:26 AM

Personally, I'd rather have a stable price than have it 'bounce back'.  However, with technologies like Tether coming along, you can still use BTC without actually having to deal with the price swings.  Bitcoin should be seen as more of a tool than a long-term investment IMO.

As for if I think it will, not really.  We'll see some rallies and some dips, but nothing like the China bubble we had. 

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:57:53 AM

i don't really agree, 2013 wasn't the first time where bitcoin went high, i recall 2011 was the same x20 increase in price

based on this one can suppose that basically every two years bitcoin go BOOM, so next one should be this year
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:02:23 PM

based on this one can suppose that basically every two years bitcoin go BOOM, so next one should be this year

If I remember right, 2014 was the first year Bitcoin actually went down.
Until then, people thought Bitcoin always moved up during a calendar year.
So there is always a first time.  Smiley
godlyitems

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:23:58 PM

well, its hard to predict now. but i think bitcoin will go up this year  Grin
depend the news or gossip or something out there about bitcoin, i think its can make increase bitcoin price go up  Grin
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:43:19 PM

Seems like 2015 is starting to look up for a strong rebound or even permanent trend upwards.

1) next week it seems we may see a nice pop when the GBTC quasi-ETF starts seeing some trades finally - the initial puts will demand a BTC price jump back up toward $300 to make sense...

2) the tons of wall street news just doesn't seem to stop each week now.  it is always the announcement of plans though so when we finally start seeing some launches and action the price should head up - as market cap grows.  if market cap shoots up, price has to as well...
  - Gemini, first "true regulated USA based exchange" was supposed to launch in Q1.  you would assume any day now even if late.
  - COIN true ETF should launch in near future as well.  been very quiet which is a good sign and you would think it'll target around same time or after Gemini.
  - We have all these ex-financial exec leads jumping into BTC now, sure the ones that exploded CDOs, etc.  Seems shady a bit but go ahead and ride along.

3) Adoption continues at a stead pace as a "currency."  This will continue to get interesting as price rises from above.

4) Europe is due to implode any day still now - can't prop it up forever.

5) USA $$$ is due to implode one day.  I mean we are at what $19 trillion in debt, the first rate increase is due finally, the markets should dive somewhat, inflated tech stock values has Silicon Valley in a bubble somewhat again, etc.  Come on...

5) China, they love BTC but just need a reason to throw fund into it more acceptingly - government will give up trying to block some day and approve of it.  China itself is in a huge credit bubble that is going to bust eventually as well so people will want to get out of the yuan and into something, BTC will see some growth...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 04:44:39 PM

Quite hard to see it above $2000 by end of this year

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:18:56 PM

I hope so but I don't see it.  Despite lots of good news the price action has all been sideways or down.  Any rallies are met with a fair amount of selling from miners who apparently can just barely cover their costs.  The price of any commodity approaches its extraction cost, and it would seem like we are in a slow period for the price right now.

Hope I'm wrong.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:54:23 PM

Why not? Nasdaq and nyse are on the sidelines, waiting to throw money at Bitcoin. Next rise could very likely be orders of magnitude bigger than the previous rise.

I'm not saying we will see 6 digits, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:08:28 AM

Why not? Nasdaq and nyse are on the sidelines, waiting to throw money at Bitcoin. Next rise could very likely be orders of magnitude bigger than the previous rise.

exactly. we've already seen 1,2,3,4 and 5 digits. the next big thing can only be 6 digits. simple logic. easy money.

oh wait... we haven't seen 5 yet.. then 5 will be next.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:27:22 AM

exactly. we've already seen 1,2,3,4 and 5 digits. the next big thing can only be 6 digits. simple logic. easy money.

I'm leaning towards this gentleman's prediction. Once the market can be trusted by institutional money, lots of it will come into this space.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:15:43 AM

I'm leaning towards this gentleman's prediction. Once the market can be trusted by institutional money, lots of it will come into this space.

It is now a question of when the institutional money will flow in. 2014 has been a great year for money flowing into Bitcoin companies. At some point, this will be reflected in the price as well.
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:35:22 AM

the same question in 2014  "Is 2014 The Year?"

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:40:41 AM

the same question in 2014  "Is 2014 The Year?"

every year people say it's the year. and btw, what is considered the year of bitcoin?
explosion of price? mass adoption? wall street?
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:05:00 PM

For Bitcoin to rally, it needs some good news on the development front; or even better, some bad news from the global economic front.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:52:54 PM

we all thought that 2014 was the golden era, but it turned out as the black book for the market in the end. So no predictions on that one. But hoping that price holds a steady price to attract new market.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:46:38 PM

No, 2015 is clearly not the year. It will be the base building and trend reversal year. Important one, but not the one. The real fun will come the next year with ETF, halving and other fireworks.

this space is intentionally left blank
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:09:59 PM

2016 will be the year of bitcoin, when next reward halving happens

Available
PM me to rent this space.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:23:57 AM

2015 seems like everyone back in 2013, where we just said it`ll go higher then $1,000 back then when it was $1,000 due to mt gox.

but I am a bit optimistic, since its so volatile. I think if anything though, if it does go up to $300ish $400 range, it should be around based on whales making another stab based on the investments they see going on in the bitcoin arena.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:44:05 AM

2015 seems like everyone back in 2013, where we just said it`ll go higher then $1,000 back then when it was $1,000 due to mt gox.

but I am a bit optimistic, since its so volatile. I think if anything though, if it does go up to $300ish $400 range, it should be around based on whales making another stab based on the investments they see going on in the bitcoin arena.
We are going to see tons and tons of people regreting not buying like we ded back in early 2013, then they will blame BTC being too high when they had the opportunity to get it cheap.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:39:20 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 06:51:25 AM by uki

2015 is buying and accumulation year. it may be boring, but the real fun will be next year.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 09:12:46 AM

2015 is buying and accumulation year. it may be boring, but the real fun will be next year.
Nonsense. Every year people say that. When is the 'buying and using year'. Bitcoin is not a investment, it is a currency.
OP I do not think that this is the year in which we will see the price surge that you expect. This year we will see a lot of development in the infrastructure.
We could potentially see a price surge in 2016 after the halving, or once the ETF goes public. You never know.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:22:54 AM

At some point in the near future bitcoin will begin it's next run, basing off the ~$250 mark (interestingly very close to previous ATH before last bubble ~$266 and even closer when viewed in total market cap not price.)

When it begins bitcoin will double in value in a relatively short time frame, say 6-8 weeks to $500. Then it will top off and base some more maybe months to a year (halving) ... OR it will continue to run in a new mania, doubling again to $1000 in a shorter time frame, say 3-4 weeks, at which point the new mania will be fully-blown, it will double again in 2 weeks to 2000 and then to 4-6000 range in a week and then 8-12,000 in a matter of days, before popping and collapsing ... but not below 1200 again.

techgeek

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:57:59 PM

In 2015, we've already seen close to $200 million, and that was before the end of the first quarter.  The rate of money coming in this year is quite a bit faster.  There was a lot of positive news, but most of it was news suggesting things to come (and we still haven't seen them yet, but they're on the horizon) it wasn't enough to stem the tide of a necessary correction.

The day bitcoins $1 per 1 btc will be some sight to see. the thing with technology you would have to use a source thats already been created. why bother re-create it in a new way?

And for wall street to come in, I thought they are already were involved. the dumb vc money is still a shit ton of money I mean if you think thats small money then you prob havent seen that in person.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

2015 is the year that will make Bitcoin even stronger then ever before.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:56:48 PM

2015 is the year that will make Bitcoin even stronger then ever before.
Indeed you only need to look at venture capital and new services appearning nonstop. The fact the masses hasn't caught on it yet reflects on the price, but its a matter of time.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:53:01 PM

I think it could very well be a year for the price to recover to a certain degree, but I haven't really made up my mind on whether we will achieve a new ATH. Chances of recovering to $1'000 aren't that bleak, though - in my opinion!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:30:54 AM

I am really hoping BTC will bounce back this year. No one can know for sure, but last year was pretty much bear the whole year. Hopefully this year wont be the same.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:57:58 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 10:17:03 AM by Amph

this year is a consolidation year for bitcoin, bitcoin will see a strong correction price and a new value will be established without the worry to return to the previous price, 230-250 seems already this value, is holding very good

i could see a steady and very slow rising from now
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:12:17 AM

Nonsense. Every year people say that. When is the 'buying and using year'. Bitcoin is not a investment, it is a currency.
OP I do not think that this is the year in which we will see the price surge that you expect. This year we will see a lot of development in the infrastructure.
We could potentially see a price surge in 2016 after the halving, or once the ETF goes public. You never know.
Nonsense. Bitcoin may be seen as an asset, and in fact, it has been seen as an asset by most of it users so far.
It has been mostly driven by speculators so far, and thus, this year seems to be good year to accumulate coins cheaply, ahead of the bitcoin-positive events coming next year, i.e., halving event, ETF, etc.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 10:29:13 AM

Nonsense. Bitcoin may be seen as an asset, and in fact, it has been seen as an asset by most of it users so far.
It has been mostly driven by speculators so far, and thus, this year seems to be good year to accumulate coins cheaply, ahead of the bitcoin-positive events coming next year, i.e., halving event, ETF, etc.
That's not even contradicting it was rather supporting. A lot of people do see Bitcoin as an asset. It's mostly because of these 'got rich with Bitcoin' stories. That train is gone.
I'm not even surprised that we have had many people complaining. Don't get me wrong. I'm accumulating as well, but whenever I see something that I need that can be bought with Bitcoin I buy it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:37:26 AM

If I had a rice cooker, I could use it to make bread. Just because something is made with a certain purpose in mind, doesn't mean it has to be used for that purpose. It doesn't even necessarily have to remain as the primary purpose.

It's the same for bitcoin. If bitcoin was meant to be a currency, that doesn't mean it works best as a currency. Certainly it doesn't work very well right now, because the infrastructure is not there. I can possibly imagine a day when bitcoin will work well as a currency, but it is far behind fiat in pretty much every single way currently. There's no point having a fast international transfer confirmation when it can't really be used on the other side, or would take days to have it converted back to fiat at some cost.

There's no real point in forcing bitcoin to be a currency right now. It can do that when the infrastructure is more mature, and it gets better at doing that. For now, it is good as a speculative asset, and I think the key is to get people to recognize the potential of this technology, rather than to try to force them to subscribe to some political ideology.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:23:21 PM

I strongly believe we will (at least) experience the trend reversal this year, which - in my opinion - has already happened in January and it's confirmation happens as we speak!!!

EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:51:48 PM

The year is 2016 wihtout fbi dumps, with etf and halving
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:58:04 PM

The effect of ETF/Gemini et al. is greatly overestimated, in my opinion. It's not these things that bring no real benefit to the usability of bitcoins, that bring really no innovation to the field that will catapult bitcoin to mainstream.

Besides, we already know about these things.

What will really make bitcoin succeed are the projects we don't currently know about, projects we currently aren't paying attention to. Who knew that clash of clans will become so popular when it's really just a clone of so many other similar games? We don't really know when something will breakout like that. Or what it will be.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:54:19 PM

The effect of ETF/Gemini et al. is greatly overestimated, in my opinion. It's not these things that bring no real benefit to the usability of bitcoins, that bring really no innovation to the field that will catapult bitcoin to mainstream.

I think it'll blow our tits off.

I doubt finance professionals care remotely about the currency aspect, it's all about BTC as an asset class and there's nothing else quite like it out there.

If it arrives then it might well start a tidal wave of others looking to enter.

Not the original intention at all, probably an active perversion, but a very possible outcome.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:38:14 PM

If I had a rice cooker, I could use it to make bread. Just because something is made with a certain purpose in mind, doesn't mean it has to be used for that purpose. It doesn't even necessarily have to remain as the primary purpose.

It's the same for bitcoin. If bitcoin was meant to be a currency, that doesn't mean it works best as a currency. Certainly it doesn't work very well right now, because the infrastructure is not there. I can possibly imagine a day when bitcoin will work well as a currency, but it is far behind fiat in pretty much every single way currently. There's no point having a fast international transfer confirmation when it can't really be used on the other side, or would take days to have it converted back to fiat at some cost.

There's no real point in forcing bitcoin to be a currency right now. It can do that when the infrastructure is more mature, and it gets better at doing that. For now, it is good as a speculative asset, and I think the key is to get people to recognize the potential of this technology, rather than to try to force them to subscribe to some political ideology.
That is exactly my point. Bitcoin is a speculative asset for now, until it is not proven otherwise.
Meaning, whenever you feel there is more room to the upside, rather than to the downside, there will be speculators buying, hoping to sell it more expensive.
And I see 2015, as the year of potential good buys.

DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:48:47 PM

i don't really agree, 2013 wasn't the first time where bitcoin went high, i recall 2011 was the same x20 increase in price

Haha i like your theory

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:11:02 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board...
When the pros come in, it's to take money out, not put money in. Always remember, Bitcoin is zero-sum.

If you've been in the game for half an hour and don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.
Shibashi Nikamoto

Activity: 104

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:01:15 AM

I doubt.

Things are so boring so far

Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:49:26 PM

I doubt.

You never know. It might be the calm before the storm.

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:28:31 PM

I doubt.

Exactly, and usually the trend reversal events are long and boring. So far so good.
That is what we need to start a healthy leg up.

techgeek

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:43:24 PM

At some point when the new ETF and exchanges start opening up for business and as wealthy onlookers and hedge funds start coming on board...
When the pros come in, it's to take money out, not put money in. Always remember, Bitcoin is zero-sum.

If you've been in the game for half an hour and don't know who the patsy is, you're the patsy.

This quote is probably what most fear. But, reject it in our minds only because we all love to dream.

It is a zero sum game, based on who can inject money at anytime if they wished. Esp, people like ex jp morgan people makes tons of money, and making a secret mining company thats listed as a cucumber mining?

Search those words in the thread, and see what you find. It links back to a auction won on the silkroad coins etc which is a bit off-topic. But, this is just to give you a insight on whats going on.

These organizations create private facilities alone for the stock exchange, so they already been doing it with bitcoin.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:23:11 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 05:46:42 AM by marcus_of_augustus

It is a zero sum game,

It has already been discussed at length, Bitcoin is NOT a zero sum game (no monetary system is and it is a confusion banksters have used to dupe people out of value for centuries). Gains from comparative efficiency in properties (storage, transaction, security, etc) with respect to other forms of money and value increase by Metcalfe network value (network effect) are two main contributors, and there are others, dyodd.

Arm yourself with wisdom and knowledge or prepare to be taken advantage of.

fearlesscat10

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:15:02 PM

I doubt.

Exactly, and usually the trend reversal events are long and boring. So far so good.
That is what we need to start a healthy leg up.

It's also generally a good time to buy since the prices are relatively low.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: