Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What modification would be better?
KGW - 0 (0%)
DGW - 0 (0%)
DS - 0 (0%)
1 hr diff retarget - 3 (75%)
increase miners - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Pakcoin's difficulty retargetting be modified due to multipools?  (Read 556 times)
drwatson84 (OP)

Activity: 379
Merit: 254

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 12:36:05 PM

Hello every one
Pakcoin has been hit twice by a multipool and suffered high difficulty leaving very less mining power behing on its own pool only (pool.pakcoin.org)
I was thinking about changing its difficulty retarget algo to any of KGW, DGW, DS or just change the retargetting after 60 blocks. Other option is to increase miners but again that doesnt seem very feasible when multipool hits Pakcoin network and dumps leaving pakcoin not so profitable for the rest of miners and eventually they leave mining.
I have seen anon coin, mega coin and emerald coin which had changed their difficulty retarget algo to KGW / DGW but they have seen lot of price downfall over time making me curious if its long term effect of the KGW/DGW algos as they smooth out the difficulty retargetting hence price fall is easier if miners leave out the network slowly.
I am confused in deciding the next decision for pakcoin, so need your opinion.. please poll and comment especially the senior developers of the crypto-community.
Regards

★★★ PAKISTANI ★★★CRYPTO-CURRENCY  ★★★PAKCOIN 
★★★ LONG TERM PROJECT ★★★ ACCEPTED IN PAKISTAN (www.pakcoin.io/merchants) ★★★ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1096893.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:43:49 PM

Hello every one
Pakcoin has been hit twice by a multipool and suffered high difficulty leaving very less mining power behing on its own pool only (pool.pakcoin.org)
I was thinking about changing its difficulty retarget algo to any of KGW, DGW, DS or just change the retargetting after 60 blocks. Other option is to increase miners but again that doesnt seem very feasible when multipool hits Pakcoin network and dumps leaving pakcoin not so profitable for the rest of miners and eventually they leave mining.
I have seen anon coin, mega coin and emerald coin which had changed their difficulty retarget algo to KGW / DGW but they have seen lot of price downfall over time making me curious if its long term effect of the KGW/DGW algos as they smooth out the difficulty retargetting hence price fall is easier if miners leave out the network slowly.
I am confused in deciding the next decision for pakcoin, so need your opinion.. please poll and comment especially the senior developers of the crypto-community.
Regards

Shouldnt this be held under pakcoin thread... you should post this link there too...
RussiaCoinDotInfo

Activity: 325
Merit: 251

Any ideas?

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:25:09 AM

Is there any evidence that the "multipool" is pump-and-dumping PakCoin?

How often has this happened, or was it an occasional thing?

Can you modify the block explorer to show things like the rich list or similar?

Exchanges: (1) (your exchange here) | Nodes: ... | Web: RussiaCoin.Info Explorer: (1) explorer.russiacoin.info ... | Twitter: @RussiaCoin | DISCORD | Facebook | RussiaCoin Forum | BCT: RussiaCoin on BCT |  RC Given Away: 6 in every 1,000 | GITHUB.COM ~~~  | Market Caps: ... WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
drwatson84 (OP)

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 05:51:27 AM

Yes, prohashing pool did it twice, first time we recovered easily but it hit it again and dumped coins all at once.
There is block explorer and rich list also there at cryptoguru.tk

★★★ LONG TERM PROJECT ★★★ ACCEPTED IN PAKISTAN (www.pakcoin.io/merchants) ★★★ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1096893.0
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:10:18 AM

Hello every one
Regards

anon coin, mega coin and emerald coin have seen price downfall due to competition and lack of interest.

There is no other coin focused in Pakistan, so for the moment there is no direct competition.
We're few people involved in PAK, and we do understand the long term importance of this project

I dont really know the differences between those diff adjusters, so I wont vote, but I support you in this change for better
any good article I can about diff adj algos?
drwatson84 (OP)

Knowledge is power

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:31:47 PM

Well you can find info about it easily by googling
I have made up my mind to go for this change soon and will decide for the algo which would suite best for it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: