Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181012 times)
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:59:40 AM

invest your money is always better than to spare them , choose a long-term investment whit little risk you'll never made ​​a wrong choice.
if you want to earn some , long-term investment is the one to choose

That a good Idea, long investmen is better choice. some short term invest is scam like ponzi and hyip
long investmen is make your money save and your health save too

i ever see assurance where we can cash out money after some periode maybe 10-20 years but we get health insurance  Wink

long time investment can also be disguised as a ponzi as well.

you also have to be careful just because majority people have their money in something doesnt mean to avoid to do your homework.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:56:33 AM

invest your money is always better than to spare them , choose a long-term investment whit little risk you'll never made ​​a wrong choice.

That a good Idea, long investmen is better choice. some short term invest is scam like ponzi and hyip

i ever see assurance where we can cash out money after some periode maybe 10-20 years but we get health insurance  Wink

you also have to be careful just because majority people have their money in something doesnt mean to avoid to do your homework.
Yes maybe , you cannot erase doubts in long time investment, maybe they just only waiting when you invest more money and then they will run.
And about ponzi theres problem when you know that they paid to you is the new investors money. Its a big problem.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:24:50 AM

How can you said that long time investment as ponzi? I dont think that way. You said that gold as a ponzi? Because that is a long time investment to

make there and seems many people are still investing it until now
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:30:08 AM

none of them are ponzi, trading isn't a ponzi at all, it is your capacity to analize well the market and act accordingly, in a ponzi there is always 1 man only that is taking everything, do you see this in a trading enviroment?

i would say no, not at all, trading is one of those gamble way to make money, where your ability will actualy count something and not zero, like in pure gambling

gambling != ponzi
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:05:07 AM

none of them are ponzi, trading isn't a ponzi at all, it is your capacity to analize well the market and act accordingly, in a ponzi there is always 1 man only that is taking everything, do you see this in a trading enviroment?

i would say no, not at all, trading is one of those gamble way to make money, where your ability will actualy count something and not zero, like in pure gambling

gambling != ponzi

Depends if the devs are scammers, they just sell the "air" for 200 satoshi a piece , the traders buy it, and then the dev abandons the project and runs with the money.

It could happen.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:14:08 AM

gambling != ponzi

Depends if the devs are scammers, they just sell the "air" for 200 satoshi a piece , the traders buy it, and then the dev abandons the project and runs with the money.

It could happen.

dev of what? anyway we need p2p exchange, so exchangers cannot run away with the excuse "our cold wallet was hacked yesterday"

this is the only concern at the moment
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:41:03 AM

dev of what? anyway we need p2p exchange, so exchangers cannot run away with the excuse "our cold wallet was hacked yesterday"

That is true, and its a valid concern, however i think, in view of altcoins, the biggest threat is the devs running away.

There are 1000x more scam altcoins than scam exchanges, and more money is lost to scam altcoins than scam exchanges.

Pretty much the already established exchanges are staying, and can be moderately trusted.

It's the same as if your average broker runs with the money, yes they were regulated, but so what, funds are only covered up to 20.000€, the rest of it is fucked.

Its definitely about decentralization Wink

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:50:08 AM

That is true, and its a valid concern, however i think, in view of altcoins, the biggest threat is the devs running away.

There are 1000x more scam altcoins than scam exchanges, and more money is lost to scam altcoins than scam exchanges.

Pretty much the already established exchanges are staying, and can be moderately trusted.

It's the same as if your average broker runs with the money, yes they were regulated, but so what, funds are only covered up to 20.000€, the rest of it is fucked.

yeah altcoin dev are quite malicious, but if there is a good trusted escrow and the code is well examined, you can be sure that the coin is legit

there were many scam dev in the past with hidden premine, mostly from china, this was another reason why many prefer to invest with already good established coins, like bitcoin, litecoin, monero, and not with new coins that hold a major risk

anyway i'm not risking large amount ever, i prefer to trade small amount to rise my bitcoin stash or to keep it not falling too much, in the case i need to use it for shopping or whatever, the rest will be done by bitcoin itself, when will rise to unbelievable level
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:30:03 AM

yeah altcoin dev are quite malicious, but if there is a good trusted escrow and the code is well examined, you can be sure that the coin is legit

there were many scam dev in the past with hidden premine, mostly from china, this was another reason why many prefer to invest with already good established coins, like bitcoin, litecoin, monero, and not with new coins that hold a major risk

anyway i'm not risking large amount ever, i prefer to trade small amount to rise my bitcoin stash or to keep it not falling too much, in the case i need to use it for shopping or whatever, the rest will be done by bitcoin itself, when will rise to unbelievable level
Indeed very much dev coin scam, but that function is a forum we are looking for any information you need to determine the coin is safe or not.

And a very good choice if you do not use all your money in one form of investment, because when the investment scam, we will not lose all of our bitcoin
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:41:34 AM

well we arent alone anymore on these altcoins news.... soo there always several people watching the new coins projects ,soo if anyone invest blind on any coin well sure you will loose it ,altcoins best investment plans for sure.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Marc speaks of the permanent portfolio to retain value against inflation.

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:59:58 AM

Indeed very much dev coin scam, but that function is a forum we are looking for any information you need to determine the coin is safe or not.

And a very good choice if you do not use all your money in one form of investment, because when the investment scam, we will not lose all of our bitcoin
But i think we won't put our money or coins into a scammed investment, if we used our common sense we invest in the company that not ponzi, scammed and we know that it is trustful. By doing that we won't lose any coins.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:46:31 PM

But i think we won't put our money or coins into a scammed investment, if we used our common sense we invest in the company that not ponzi, scammed and we know that it is trustful. By doing that we won't lose any coins.
But the fact is now all investments in the internet is a Ponzi scheme, it is very difficult to find an investment that is truly real. maybe if you think there will be an investment that is real, what if the investment was suddenly bankrupt? how do you claim your money? think again
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:54:59 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Both investing and saving are equally important to manage your finance. Although investing it online is riskier in my opinion. I think saving money in a bank is the best option. I recommend taking suggestions from a professional financial adviser for right investments and finance management.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:21:47 PM

But the fact is now all investments in the internet is a Ponzi scheme, it is very difficult to find an investment that is truly real. maybe if you think there will be an investment that is real, what if the investment was suddenly bankrupt? how do you claim your money? think again

its not just internet, you see it everywhere in different forms.

when you go to school and you think you were increasing your odds to get a certain job and dont get it whats that? other forms of ponzis are also called mlm multi level marketing where people think they are business owners but only if they made money which most people fail to see as well.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:30:08 PM

It depends on the fact about what plans do you have next regarding your money, if you have enough money for a luxurious life and your future is secure, I would invest a little into something. If you already have a limited amount of money and some other situations to deal with for later, I would recommed you to save as their is no point in investing your money into something if it involves risk. The best way to invest is to invest in government bonds then, but you would get very limited returns.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:09:14 PM

It depends on the fact about what plans do you have next regarding your money, if you have enough money for a luxurious life and your future is secure, I would invest a little into something. If you already have a limited amount of money and some other situations to deal with for later, I would recommed you to save as their is no point in investing your money into something if it involves risk. The best way to invest is to invest in government bonds then, but you would get very limited returns.

The governement bonds seems to be used very generally.

Id agree to this, but a bond is 30 years then seeing the original principal back. Under the same category, I`d recommend people to invest in "notes"- which acts the same way as the bond but in shorter time length and same or similar rates which is 1%. "Notes" are usually 1 year or 6months for local state funding etc.

lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:30:50 PM

Saving in fiat is not possible, due to inflation. Saving in bitcoin is possible.

By the bolded part, do I get it correctly that you are saying saving in FIAT is not possible because inflation rate is much higher than the interest rate per annum? If it is so then the same thing could be applied to saving in BTC as well because the percentage of the price decline could be the same as inflation as well. Also that saving in BTC doesnt mean that someone will keep his savings in form of BTC forever as you might someday exchange it back to FIAT just to find the value has been half of when you bought them

P.S : it has been discussed alot but none has given a satisfactory answer on this matter, could you then? As a matter of fact , I am a fan of BTC security but I cant seem to let go the fact that I am losing if I save my saving in BTC because the tendency of the price keep on falling

I say only what I say: If bitcoin loses value, it is not because of the money manager printing more.

LOL you can't save into fiat money due to inflation? I think you are wrong because some of business man that now are rich, they save in fiat money and they didn't used bitcoin to stored their money. Because if you save in bitcoin through keeping it into your wallet, you are exception in inflation rate but, if you are already exchange it, it will now only like fiat money with inflation.

You mention the rich, but the rich pretty owns everything.

because they have the cash flow to buy more houses more everything in anyones life time, so it doesnt even matter bitcoin to them cause they already rich.

knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 07:34:25 PM

well the more you have the less you wanna spend or pay for..... this happens in real life they wanna get more soo thing again about it..... i know several people this way they have money and they begin for a discount..... the people who works to pay normal life dont ask for discount they just pay .Im pretty sure all money we have ,part of it must go into some investment ,if money doesnt circulate well it can be called dead money same as crypto.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:17:11 PM

Not all investment I guess, there are some that claim there are still reall investment out there that really pay you a lot, but the  payout is really low so people wont come to it and start their investment. Nowadays people just want to get fast money without doing anything much. Btw why did you think that far? All investments sure got risk, if you dont dare to take it better dont invest on something
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: