Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 30 Down  (Read 2116 times)
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:51:36 PM

That latest price drop was caused by hacking of that small china altcoin exchange market. Hackers did not steal much ( something like 15 BTC total) but I fear that human mentality and domino effect caused this drop. There is nothing to worry about as soon bitcoin will resume its way to $300 threshold.

I'm thinking they stole more than 15 BTC...
Not according to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001408.0

If these are the only addresses that were used by the hacker it means Cryptoine had only 5BTC in their hot wallet.
If this is the liquidity needed for one to start an exchange I could run a thing like that from my phone.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:35:30 PM

That latest price drop was caused by hacking of that small china altcoin exchange market. Hackers did not steal much ( something like 15 BTC total) but I fear that human mentality and domino effect caused this drop. There is nothing to worry about as soon bitcoin will resume its way to $300 threshold.

I'm thinking they stole more than 15 BTC...
Not according to this thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001408.0

If these are the only addresses that were used by the hacker it means Cryptoine had only 5BTC in their hot wallet.
If this is the liquidity needed for one to start an exchange I could run a thing like that from my phone.  Cheesy

Oh sorry, I misread and thought we were talking about the Evo coins.  Agreed, this one seems much more minor.
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:06:34 AM

So the downtrend was caused by a exchange market. I just know this news yerterdat
y..

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:30:17 AM

i see nice profit for whom sold at 260, i should've shorted also, i didn't know it could crush in this way

I sold some at 266$ and 282$, but honestly I didn't know this crash became big, I thought it was a 10 or 20 dollars correction, anyways I'm confused about what we're going now.

I bought about a dozen at 260. pretty sad right now.

Dont worry, Bitcoin is getting more and more popular everyday. This mean that Bitcoin wont staty at 230 for long. It will reach 300 pretty soon.

Rocket refuelling.. /calm before the storm Wink

Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2156
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:41:29 AM

you can do as your wishes just when the price is over $180.  Smiley

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██