Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you learn about Bitcoin today...?  (Read 1999 times)
ducatitalia (OP)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:14:07 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 11:13:28 PM by ducatitalia

So it's been about 18 months since I first heard about the revelation that is Bitcoin...and the learning curve has been astounding.  The more I think I know, the more I realize just how much more there is to learn!  Perhaps the most exciting thing is that there is so much about Bitcoin and its full potential that the world has yet to discover at all...

Anyway...would be interested to hear when someone learns something, anything really, about Bitcoin.  Doesn't matter if it's a basic how-to, an interesting fact, a new way to spend/procure it, news, lesson learned or some new breakthrough or groundbreaking discovery!  Let's hear it...

Top Bitrated Escrow Service: Racer Great BTC Resources: www.thebtcboss.com
Interest Free Loans: Here BTC:1MBFDLK3s9Nzk7Anfzx2GvhUo7DEBqFz7W

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:36:48 PM

i learned more about trading , how encryption really work(i didint' know that you couldn't brute force 128 for example)

and about mining in general(mining brought me on learning some coding, software like ccminer, were i contributed in adding some algo, nothing special but it was fun)
Rosskidd

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:46:24 PM

i learned more about trading , how encryption really work(i didint' know that you couldn't brute force 128 for example)

and about mining in general(mining brought me on learning some coding, software like ccminer, were i contributed in adding some algo, nothing special but it was fun)
Why can't you bruteforce it? you possibly could it would just take a very long time just like most other encryption
ducatitalia (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:47:20 PM

Amazing how many people get turned on to coding and encryption through Bitcoin.  I've spent much time studying elliptic curve cryptography solely because of Bitcoin!

Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

I read a lot about investment funds interested in BTC. It s really time for BTC to start being invested in and then traded on some serious securities exchange. All in all, it s a commodity, like goal, oil, etc.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 07:02:12 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 07:45:24 PM by redsn0w

I have learned a lot of things about political, economy, anarchism, capitalism, freedom, humanity and mathematic. The most important thing is that I have "gained" a lot of new friends and I am happy to have discovered bitcoin (and I hope that one day I can convince my Dad to start think about Bitcoin).
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 07:44:30 PM

I have been studying the trend and movement of crypto in relation to each other. And there's a lot of potential to earn based on trading the coins. I see traders taking advantage of the delay on updating the change when there is heavy movement going on.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:01:20 PM

Why can't you bruteforce it? you possibly could it would just take a very long time just like most other encryption
yeah i know, but it would so much time that it is not worth it you know...and bruteforcing something isn't free at all, you need tons of power to brute force 128 bit key(somethink like the entire power of all the pc of the world combined)
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:08:38 PM

Just learn about bitcoin trading, bitcoin investment, and how to be a merchant which accept bitcoin as payment(my recent plan). I also learn from some podcast related about bitcoin project. I still must learn much about bitcoin trend.

~iki
ducatitalia (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:59:45 PM

Amazing how many people are learning about and focusing on trading...are people really making money day-trading BTC...?

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:44:18 PM

I learnt that multi-sig is only one solution to increased security and think Threshold signatures is the way to go
Still a bit too new but it's sort of like multi-sig only a bit more user friendly (section 4 of paper)
Princeton/Stanford/York whitepaper on Threshold Signatures
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~stevenag/threshold_sigs.pdf

El Emperador

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:55:53 PM

I've learned that it's very much better to bet on directbet than to waste money in ICOs or trading in general... even if you lose money, at least you feed a honest company and not scammers  Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:17:35 PM

I learned a lot of bitcoin. With bitcoin, I know the investment and how to invest, learn to analyze price movements, and I also learned how to earn money from bitcoin.

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:15:11 PM

last few days i am reading about how powerful the blockchain is. most people know bitcoin as coin but don't know much about the blockchain.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:00:55 AM

I've learned that if you pay a fee of 0.000 you risk that your transaction may be stuck indefinitely in the blockchain trying to get confirmed. Scary :s
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:19:44 AM

I learned that government are now overarching and their powergrab is now more and more.

The new taxes, regulations over EU , UK and USA, are now speeding up.

And also a few positive news like the relation between the NASDAQ and Bitcoin improved, and a few misc news.

In general i got more optimistic about bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 04:39:29 AM

Anyway...would be interested to hear when someone learns something, anything really, about Bitcoin.  Doesn't matter if it's a basic how-to, an interesting fact, a new way to spend/procure it, news, lesson learned or some new breakthrough or groundbreaking discovery!  Let's hear it...

I learned that tomorrow 2/3 of all Bitcoins that will ever exist will have been mined.
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 06:05:34 AM

Almost any new knowledge I gain about bitcoin comes from Coindesk these days, so most recently for me is the news about bit2me cancelling their fees to stay competitive.

Edit: I also just learned a bunch of things by reading the comments on this thread lol (e.g. the 2/3 bitcoins mined as mentioned above).

ducatitalia (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:51:57 PM

I learned that tomorrow 2/3 of all Bitcoins that will ever exist will have been mined.

Really...this is amazing.   The projections are out there,  but still incredible how fast things are moving.

I learned that Wall Street is starting to go "nuts"  over Bitcoin...and that the more aggravated the haters get, seems to indicate that more progress is being made by the Bitcoin ecosystem...

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-in-the-headlines-wall-street-nuts/

El_Wookie

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:24:18 PM

I learned about the unlimited things you can with it. Now i just wish i knew computer stuff better. Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: